Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Weird trade for the Suns tho. But I guess you can only go so many years without making the playoffs

Maybe it’s about keeping their young stars.  They can’t keep losing before they have guys trying to force their way out.  Have to start winning sometime and bring in some leadership that (mostly) plays the game right.  Assuming Chris Paul doesn’t wear out his welcome barking at the young guns.  

A similar experiment failed spectacularly in Minny when Thibs traded the farm for Jimmy.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Weird trade for the Suns tho. But I guess you can only go so many years without making the playoffs

It works for them salary cap wise as they project forward and if he helps get them to the playoffs for a couple years, it's a good deal. 

• Like 1

Bucks getting Jrue Holiday. Gave up some future assets but it's a strong move to keep Giannis. If Giannis walks, Bucks will be the worst team for a decade unless they can sign and trade next off-season. 

Edited by Hersh

I read it was Bledsoe, Hill, and three first rounders for Holiday. That is absolutely insane to me. I respect Jrue Holiday and everything, but man that is giving up a ton for a 30 year old point guard. Maybe I'm undervaluing Holiday. Bucks are clearly all in for this upcoming year. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I read it was Bledsoe, Hill, and three first rounders for Holiday. That is absolutely insane to me. I respect Jrue Holiday and everything, but man that is giving up a ton for a 30 year old point guard. Maybe I'm undervaluing Holiday. Bucks are clearly all in for this upcoming year. 

Three first round picks?!  That’s insane for Jrue Holiday.  They’d have been better off packaging Middleton and trying to tempt Harden out of Houston.  Star trades are notoriously bad for the team being forced to trade theirs, an allstar plus picks might have done it.  It’s likely better than anything Houston could get from the nets.  

And the fans would win.  Who wouldn’t want to see Durant and Kyrie against Harden and Giannis in a seven round series?  

Bucks are desperate to keep Giannis. If Jrue remains at his level or close for another 3-4 years while Giannis is a super max player, it’s worth it. If Giannis leaves, Bucks will trade everyone and spend years rebuilding. 

I doubt Harden would’ve wanted to stay in Milwaukee 

Harden is a coach (and apparently GM) killer and he doesn't want to play for a real coach and the Nets are going to essentially be an uncoached team.  He'll end up there.  Houston should get as much from them as they can.  The Nets will be fool's gold with that roster, but the franchise is desperate to sell tickets and sees an opportunity to supplant the Knicks in market.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Told you man.  I can’t think of another time an NBA coach turned down an extension following a trip to the playoffs and the GM quit soon after.  When that happened it was clear Houston was going to implode.  Rats that big don’t give up their cheese for nothing.  

• Like 2

This is not the interview you want to see before drafting a guy top three.  (Anthony Edwards)

So when after that did he get into basketball?

"I'm still not really into it," he says. "I love basketball, yeah. It's what I do."

He's not entirely convincing. He says if he were drafted by the NFL tomorrow, he'd let basketball go. "Because you can do anything on the field," he explains. "You can spike the ball. You can dance. You can do all type of disrespectful stuff." In the NBA, he says, "you can't do any of that. You'll get fined."

He goes on to say that he's an aspiring rapper. He's already recorded a few tracks with his older brother Bubba. So, like Damian Lillard? "But I really can rap," he says. "Dame, talking about -- I don't know what he's talking about. I'm rapping like Lil Baby." He says he won't release any songs until he's established in the NBA.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30321844/the-pain-promise-top-nba-draft-prospect-anthony-edwards

• Haha 1