Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, Destino said:

I knew he wasn’t going to fall to us the moment wizards fans started to agree on him as who they wanted.  

True.  Or what would have been even more of a kick to the nuts was if he was there at 9 and we passed on him for a shooting guard.  That's a Wizards classic.

Just now, bearrock said:

If Toppin and Avdija is gone by 9th, should DC pull the trigger on Haliburton?

I guess so.  He'd be the BPA according to most rankings.  Maybe we could trade down.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ll be OK, because I know you have some sunshine for me....me and Westbrook.

I watch VCU/A10 basketball, a lot.  Toppin is a beast.

Same for me with VCU and A10.  Toppin is a monster. Glad he’s gone from Dayton lol. 

sidenote:  I hate the questions they are asking.  Feels less like a interview and more prying painful memories and stories. 

Here is Vecenie's breakdown on Deni Avdija:

Deni Avdija | 6-9 forward | 19 years old | Maccabi Tel-Aviv

The player: The intersection of Avdija’s size and skill level is extremely impressive. At 6-foot-9, Avdija can legit handle the ball and make plays. He’s a very real playmaker with ball in hand. The idea here is a point forward who can initiate sets, grab and go on the break, and create plays. His vision and playmaking isn’t quite at the level of guys like Luka Doncic and LeBron James as big passers, but he’ll be an extremely high-level passer as a secondary playmaker in an offense in time. He really sees the floor exceptionally well. Defensively, he’s probably not a difference maker in the NBA, but he shouldn’t be a negative. The big question here is the jumper. He’s a consistently terrible free throw shooter who continues to be a very inconsistent 3-point shooter. Having said that, he’s considered a very high character kid who is mature and a hard worker, so there may be upside beyond what is readily apparent on the page, here.

Emphasis mine.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Here is Vecenie's breakdown on Deni Avdija:

Deni Avdija | 6-9 forward | 19 years old | Maccabi Tel-Aviv

The player: The intersection of Avdija’s size and skill level is extremely impressive. At 6-foot-9, Avdija can legit handle the ball and make plays. He’s a very real playmaker with ball in hand. The idea here is a point forward who can initiate sets, grab and go on the break, and create plays. His vision and playmaking isn’t quite at the level of guys like Luka Doncic and LeBron James as big passers, but he’ll be an extremely high-level passer as a secondary playmaker in an offense in time. He really sees the floor exceptionally well. Defensively, he’s probably not a difference maker in the NBA, but he shouldn’t be a negative. The big question here is the jumper. He’s a consistently terrible free throw shooter who continues to be a very inconsistent 3-point shooter. Having said that, he’s considered a very high character kid who is mature and a hard worker, so there may be upside beyond what is readily apparent on the page, here.

Emphasis mine.

yikes. Terrible FT shooter is red flag

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’ve been mentally preparing myself for a wing that can’t shoot.  I’m not sure I’m ready.  

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

A Euro that can't shoot?

Awesome.

Come gather round, friends.  Let me tell you of the legend of Deni...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1