Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Torn achilles it is

That’s what I assumed it was.  Lower leg injury that leaves everyone crying and waiting on tests?  Has to be an injured achilles.  No one refers to ankle knee or foot injuries as lower leg.  It was that or a broken bone, and X-rays don’t wait until next day.  

May not have torn all the way though, because when that happens you can tell just by looking at it.  I know because my uncle once tore his playing soccer with the fam... and you can definitely see it.  I was horrified.  

its a shame, because I was really looking forward to the Warriors rising from the ashes to clash with the Lakers or clippers.  Now they’re dead again.  

• Like 2

Admittedly I don't get to watch a ton of college basketball these days, but the kid my Heat took looks like a ball of energy, got rave reviews, and could develop to be sneaky good.

In the mold of Bam. The Organization is far from perfect, but Riley and company sure as hell have figured out this draft stuff lately, after taking some big whiffs over the years. Riley used to hate drafting and playing youngsters. The evolution over these last few years away from that mindset is Spoelstra and the other scouting and management staff's fingerprints on the team. Good management adjusts, Riley was smart enough to hire the right people, believe in those people, and let them do their thing. He's far from hands off, but has empowered his people to grow, and has grown himself along the way.  The move away from Veteran led bruiser ball (think Anthony Mason/PJ Brown) to Super Team Assemble to this latest iteration of fast paced, 3's, movement, and passing + the youth is 100% Spo, in particular the last phase. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Was highly antcipating that Dubs face turn this season. Oh well.

Wiseman gives them something they haven't had though and don't sleep on their 2nd round picks. Nico Mannion was a top 10 pick in early mock drafts (who fell mostly because he is undersized). 

I think they'll still be a tough out for anyone should Steph and Dray stay healthy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Minnesota drafted some talented knuckleheads.  This should be interesting.

Dont understand the inner spaz in these kids, man. Dude lowkey trashed a Round Table HOF'er that can still get buckets and make plays :ols:

These are simple setup questions that are easy to maneuver around. Why you gotta make it hard on yourself? You already play for the TWolves, bruh :ols:

*Edit, damn, looks like the question was "Who are you most excited to play," and I thought he talked out of turn.

Carry on then.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

15 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dubs are picking up Oubre from OKc.

They still have more room in the trade exception and the mid-level exception. With Klay they might've been unstoppable. Without, the still may get another ring if everyone stays healthy. 

Just now, Hersh said:

They still have more room in the trade exception and the mid-level exception. With Klay they might've been unstoppable. Without, the still may get another ring if everyone stays healthy. 

We'll see. Healthy Curry with Wiggins, Oubre, Dray, and Wiseman should be decent. If they can get solid production from Damion Lee, Marquese Chriss, Jordan Poole, and Nicole Mannion off the bench they have a good shot at making a deeper run in the playoffs. 

Still, Klay is a supremely underrated player by most fans. It's a huge loss again. 

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's weird that Gordon Hayward opted out of that massive option year.  Who can afford to pay him anything close to that this season?

The only reasons to do that are if you're really unhappy in a place or if someone tampered and made you a big offer under the table.

I don’t see him making what he gave up next season.  He hasn’t looked like a max player since that awful leg injury.  Certainly a strange decision on his part.

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

We'll see. Healthy Curry with Wiggins, Oubre, Dray, and Wiseman should be decent. If they can get solid production from Damion Lee, Marquese Chriss, Jordan Poole, and Nicole Mannion off the bench they have a good shot at making a deeper run in the playoffs. 

Still, Klay is a supremely underrated player by most fans. It's a huge loss again. 

Klay is awesome. I'm assuming GS adds at least two more players that will get meaningful minutes using the mid-level exception and the rest of the trade exception. Veterans looking to make a run at a championship. There are some really intriguing options out there. 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:18 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

👏👏👏👏

This has aged oh so gracefully.  One of the few times in life that ****head fans actually got what they deserved.

Remember that time you went to a nba game and the players kicked your ass on live tv?  

I’m guessing his friends and family never get tired of asking that.  I know I wouldn’t.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Remember that time you went to a nba game and the players kicked your ass on live tv?  

I’m guessing his friends and family never get tired of asking that.  I know I wouldn’t.  

I just wanna know how his body felt once the cheap beer wore off. Artest was a thick, dump truck assed forward with a boxing background, and was throwing some heat.

That kind of encounter can change a man's life profoundly. Wouldn't shock me if dude runs a monastery/soup kitchen now