Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

image.jpeg.1a502fe4c1e862fa49db403850312927.jpeg

A yearly tradition!

Brunson with 40+ again. But DiVencenzo was hustling hard on defense guarding Maxey. Gotta give him props. Think it was more of his defense than Maxey having an off game.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Doesn’t Phoenix have like no first round draft picks until like 2030? 

They've got only one this year (22nd). Their payroll is just matching the insanity of their depleted drafts.

Bradley Beal 5 years $251,019,650 includiong a no trade clause, Kevin Durant 4 yrs / $194,219,320, Devin Booker 4 yrs / $221,088,000.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Josh Hart so underrated.  He has had a solid career.

He's also from Silver Spring which I had no idea until they said it in the broadcast a couple games back.  I googled it and he went to Wheaton and Sidwell Friends.

That was one of the most fun games I have watched in a long time.  It was just fast paced, a lot of back/forth, and the energy the players were bringing was up there.  You can tell those teams don't like each other too which made it even more fun.  It just had so many "wow" moments.   Awesome game.  I just wish the 6ers won so we'd have a game 7.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don’t see how the Bucks get better from here, is what I’m trying to say. They don’t have picks like you said, they don’t seem to have a way to keep building around Giannis, Dame and Middleton. 

Giannis is a little dinged up, Dame’s still good but getting older and Middleton is always hurt.  

They have a nice supporting cast but Milwaukee isn’t a free agent destination for superstar talent. They had to trade for Jrue, then trade for Dame.  Giannis and Middleton were draft picks.  

So like I said, I don’t see where they go from here that makes sense with the current team. As you said, they don’t have any first round picks for awhile. Should trade everyone and get some picks and try to build it up again. 

The way they get better is to get lucky and find a young player that the rest of the league has undervalued.  And they need to get lucky and stay healthy.

The problem is if they trade, the teams taking their players are taking them because they plan to be good, so you are taking back picks that aren't very good, making it hard to get good.  Meanwhile, your not good and so drafting in the lottery, but those picks are going to the Pelicans or Portland.

For example, the Sixers actually have a ton of cap space.  They could trade picks for Giannis and not send any salary to Milwaukee.  Milwaukee pretty much instantly becomes a lottery team.  Meanwhile unless there is some catastrophe for at least the next few year Embiid, Maxey, and Gannis are at least a playoff team.  The Pelicans and Portland are getting lottery picks from Milwaukee while Milwaukee is getting late first round picks from the Sixers.

That would just be dumb.  I guess if somehow trading Giannis and Lillard allowed them to get their picks back from the Pelicans and Portland that might make some sense.  But I don't see why NOP or Portland would do that.

(Now, what they should do that teams like that tend to be bad at doing is they should not emphasize a high seed.  They need to find (some) young player(s) that they think can be reasonable rotational pieces and actually give them regular minutes during the regular season.  And yes, you might lose some games but getting younger and lucky with the development of a young player would go along way to helping them win a championship.)

• Like 1

I remember the Bucks traded like 5 second rounders for Jae Crowder last year.  What a joke.  Did that guy play at all this series?  He fell off so badly, sitting that out that season with Phoenix did him no good.

Kawhi Leonard is the most overrated/fragile "superstar" ever, right? He has missed 50% of the regular season and the entire playoffs like the last three years.  Steve Ballmer has to regret signing that guy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Kawhi Leonard is the most overrated/fragile "superstar" ever, right? He has missed 50% of the regular season and the entire playoffs like the last three years.  Steve Ballmer has to regret signing that guy.

Yep. 

Overrated because he is never available anymore.  

when he was healthy, he was a demon but those days are gone. 

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Mavericks look good. I didn’t really believe they had picked it up on defense, but they’ve certainly shown in this series. OKC might be in for a fight.

I had the Mavs as my dark horse after the Wolves but Luka does seem to be bothered by his knee. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I had the Mavs as my dark horse after the Wolves but Luka does seem to be bothered by his knee. 

They’re also playing without their third leading scorer, Tim Hardaway Jr. Sounds like they expect him back soon though. 

If I were the clipper I’d seriously consider playing kawhi half a season. Just sit out most of the first 32 games and the final ten games. I’d try anything to get him into the playoffs healthy. They have no assets and the team is old. They have to get whatever they can out of him before his knee turns to dust.

and who would have though his best years were over in that raptors championship? You really can never be sure of anything. 

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

If I were the clipper I’d seriously consider playing kawhi half a season. Just sit out most of the first 32 games and the final ten games. I’d try anything to get him into the playoffs healthy. They have no assets and the team is old. They have to get whatever they can out of him before his knee turns to dust.

and who would have though his best years were over in that raptors championship? You really can never be sure of anything. 

This sounds like a rebuild is right thing to do.

NBA I thought was cracking down on "resting" players...how much he making to only play half a season?

And who's to say that will ensure he's healthy for the playoffs?  Zion has missed to playoffs in a row.

At some point it was it is...some folks jus aren't reliable enough to invest but so much resources and expectations in.

First step in getting out of a hole is to stop digging.