Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Jokic’s averages for the lakers series.

28.2pts (59.1fg%) - 16.2reb - 9.8ast

Now we’ll see if Rudy Gobert is really as good a defender as his awards would indicate. 

Jokic’s stats against the Wolves is a top simplistic approach to determine if Rudy is a good defender. 

You are going to have to look at the Nuggies overall shooting percentage around the rim, offensive rating, rebounding, and etc. 

The Wolves play great team defense and it starts with Rudy anchoring the paint. This is the first time Rudy has complimentary defensive players that elevate the team as a whole. Donovan was not playing defense in Utah. Jordan Clarkson? Bojan. lol it’s not even close. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

Jokic’s averages for the lakers series.

28.2pts (59.1fg%) - 16.2reb - 9.8ast

Now we’ll see if Rudy Gobert is really as good a defender as his awards would indicate. 

Not giving Gobert DPOTY during the bubble season was truly a missed opportunity by every stretch of the word, imo...

tumblr_81e039049bf4b6e1118b0d46f5cddff0_c1b16b25_400.gif.30e5f79209c758abfa4b713ec9d78d25.gif

Shut down Joker?  This man shut the league down that year! :lol:

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Destino said:

You guys feel much more highly about Gobert than I do. I think he’s wildly overpaid and in close fought contests, a liability to have in the floor. 

Don’t believe the lies. Rudy was slandered for those Utah failures. Rudy still has a lot limitations on offense but the proof is there that he is a defensive difference maker. 

I was all on the Donovan bandwagon and blamed Rudy too but I was wrong. In a vacuum Donovan is a much better player but he does way less for you than Rudy. 

It didn’t click last year, but all the Wolves players and coaches say that it was because they didn’t have enough time to gel with Rudy. They were still getting used to play with him and vice versa.

Normally, I would call BS but they flipped it around in the regular season and had a tremendous season. 

• Like 1

@Dr. Do Itch Big how much you wanna bet Ham is talking about DRuss? 😆

SmartSelect_20240430_210745_BleacherReport.jpg.6ab8e9981a500dd0a221d2a5ef6a68ff.jpg

Idk, start someone else? 🤷‍♂️

He gonner then gone, James opt out is inevitable.

Nuke it from orbit, only thing I'll give credit to Lakers for this fiasco is standing their ground not to mortgage their future anymore then they did standing up to LeBron. 

Coulda been in Phoenix shoes trying to make him happy, still get nowhere, and he still opt out.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Dr. Do Itch Big how much you wanna bet Ham is talking about DRuss? 😆

SmartSelect_20240430_210745_BleacherReport.jpg.6ab8e9981a500dd0a221d2a5ef6a68ff.jpg

Idk, start someone else? 🤷‍♂️

He gonner then gone, James opt out is inevitable.

Nuke it from orbit, only thing I'll give credit to Lakers for this fiasco is standing their ground not to mortgage their future anymore then they did standing up to LeBron. 

Coulda been in Phoenix shoes trying to make him happy, still get nowhere, and he still opt out.

****ing bum bench his ass. I swear I can be an nba coach. I can’t be much worse than Ham. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nba/article-13368145/la-mayor-deletes-tweet-lakers-loss-playoffs.html

LA Mayor Karen Bass embarrassingly retracted her tweet after the Lakers' first-round exit in the NBA playoffs.

After the 106-108 loss that saw the Purple and Gold on the receiving end of a gentleman's sweep against the Denver Nuggets, Bass took to Twitter with an enthusiastic tone toward their season.

'Tough season, but at least we won the in season tournament,' Bass said. 'Proud of our team @lakers.'

:ols:

I hope the Lakers double down and bring LeBron and the rest of the crew back.  And I hope they hire another bum-ass coach with LeBron's blessing so he can run another one out of town before he retires.

Not sure which is more damaging for his legacy, getting bounced this early in the playoffs or opt out and wind up with the Timberwolves or the Suns or somewhere else.  Remember Shaq bouncing around from Phoenix to the Cavs to the Celtics?  That's about to be LeBron.  Looking forward to it.

28 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

All the chatter about the Celtics certainly died down 😂😜

Chatter? Did some Miami fans think they had a chance? lol Eastern playoffs are all injuries. Bucks, 76ers, and Heat all have their best players hurt.

im ready for SGA vs Luka. Jokic Murray vs Antman KAT. 2nd round looks great in the west. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2024 at 12:22 AM, Destino said:

You guys feel much more highly about Gobert than I do. I think he’s wildly overpaid and in close fought contests, a liability to have in the floor. 

NBA playoffs 2024: Why do so many players have beef with Rudy Gobert?

I don't really have an opinion about his $ worth since I don't watch him much. I never was a fan of him since his stupid covid outburst and hitting a teammate.

There is a big gap between its impact on the court and the basketball fans perception imo.

Josh Harris smart to buy tickets and give them to first responders so Knicks fans don't take over Philly again

That said

1) seeing Knicks fans take over Philly chating "**** Embiid" and "Knicks in 5" was hilarious

2) sadly as much as it would work in a smaller venue it would not work with the Commanders in a 60k stadium

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Josh Harris smart to buy tickets and give them to first responders so Knicks fans don't take over Philly again

That said

1) seeing Knicks fans take over Philly chating "**** Embiid" and "Knicks in 5" was hilarious

2) sadly as much as it would work in a smaller venue it would not work with the Commanders in a 60k stadium

I thought Philly was some amazing sports town. They're letting NY fans invade their home court in a PLAYOFF game?

What a bunch of clowns. Diehard fans my butt.

I hate NY but I hope the Knicks kick their ass.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 9:31 PM, Destino said:

The Celtics are so uneven in the post season. None of these games against a badly injured Heat team should be close. Yet, it looks like they’re taking a home loss tonight. For shame.

On 4/24/2024 at 9:42 PM, Renegade7 said:

Consistently inconsistent...same problem last year, they learned nothing.

Short memory! 😉😜

Celtics close out Heat in Game 5, 'learning from our mistakes'

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40066476/boston-celtics-close-miami-heat-game-5-advance-east-semifinals

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Destino said:

Chatter? Did some Miami fans think they had a chance? lol Eastern playoffs are all injuries. Bucks, 76ers, and Heat all have their best players hurt.

Technical difficulties. 😂 See above.

Edited by Die Hard