Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

OKC has 22 free throws in the first half. Not sure if Dallas is fouling too much or if the refs are a little trigger happy, but too much of this game has been spent at the free throw line. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

This won’t be a long series with Luka not being healthy. He is obviously not the same player right now. 

Cavs are 100% getting swept as well.  

So Gilbert Arenas is claiming a nuggets bench player text him saying Jokic is done with this series and wants to go home. 

huge if true lol. 

what a diva? This is some LeBron James diva type stuff. Let’s keep the same energy. 

I think Luka with Jokic would be amazing. 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

So Gilbert Arenas is claiming a nuggets bench player text him saying Jokic is done with this series and wants to go home. 

huge if true lol. 

what a diva? This is some LeBron James diva type stuff. Let’s keep the same energy. 

Arenas and Draymond need serious therapy ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Brunson came back and the pacers wilted immediately. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

huge if true lol. 

Gilbert’s post NBA career can be described like this: say the dumbest **** you’ve ever heard for attention. 

I’m going to say something controversial today. The whole analytics only shoot a three or at the rim thing, leads to a lot of bad shots in the playoffs. Watching guys dribble into a waiting crowd of defenders at the rim when they could have launched a 5 foot wide open pull up is not good basketball.  We’ve created a situation where low post players shoot from further away from the rim than guards (when not attempting a three)

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I’m going to say something controversial today. The whole analytics only shoot a three or at the rim thing, leads to a lot of bad shots in the playoffs. Watching guys dribble into a waiting crowd of defenders at the rim when they could have launched a 5 foot wide up pull up is not good basketball.  We’ve created a situation where low post players shoot from further away from the rim than guards (when not attempting a three)

I don't see why that's controversial. Analytics kill sports. See it was too often that a player passes up an open layup to kick it out for a three point shot. Not to mention, all the best players in the league actually have good midrange games and have been clutch using them. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I’m going to say something controversial today. The whole analytics only shoot a three or at the rim thing, leads to a lot of bad shots in the playoffs. Watching guys dribble into a waiting crowd of defenders at the rim when they could have launched a 5 foot wide up pull up is not good basketball.  We’ve created a situation where low post players shoot from further away from the rim than guards (when not attempting a three)

I got nothing against analytics but sometimes player do stupid ****. Like I don’t blame the analytics, I blame the stupid low iq player. 

player A: yes I have wide open dunk with no one around. Let me kick this out to my struggling shooter and let me him attempt a 3. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

yes I have wide open dunk with no one around. Let me kick this out to my struggling shooter and let me him attempt a 3. 

We call that the Ben Simmons.

• Haha 4

Murray raises his game in the post season most years so we just assume he counts as a star.  He’s also in the west where getting in as a guard is difficult.  But he’s not that guy in the regular season.  Denver is very much a one star team until Murray raises his game, which we all expected him to do.

This year though he’s been pretty bad other than two game winning shots.  His scoring has fallen off and his fg% too. He’s shooting 37% overall, which is awful. Don’t know how injured he is, but he isn’t the guy we expected. 

• Thanks 1

I'm going to laugh so hard if the nuggets don't repeat and if they lose game 3 they would be in serious danger 

imagine getting punked by the t wolves of all clubs 🤣😂

Posted (edited)

Don't know where to put this, but there are reports that the new NBA TV deal that will begin for the 2025 season will have ESPN, Amazon, and NBC as partners, with TNT reportedly out.  This is significant, because the NBA has aired games on Turner for close to 40 years now, and the fact that we could potentially be seeing Inside The NBA for a final season next year is jarring.

I'm glad the NBA on NBC will be back, but it's bittersweet that it could come at the expense of the greatest sports show on TV today.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Rumors are they bring inside the NBA. NBC should take NBA from ESPN. ESPN is trash

ESPN isn't going anywhere, unfortunately.  They negotiated early (something that TNT did not do), and are reportedly getting the "A" package, which means that they'll air games on one weeknight, conference finals and ALL NBA Finals until the end of the new deal in 2035.  No other partner has the NBA Finals in their package, but ESPN does, so we'll be dealing with Stephen A, Perk and Wilbon for more years to come unfortunately.

Pat be acting a fool so no surprise justice was enforced

21 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Rumors are they bring inside the NBA. NBC should take NBA from ESPN. ESPN is trash

More likely to take it from TNT which sucks

TNT and NBC would be great

7 minutes ago, samy316 said:

ESPN isn't going anywhere, unfortunately.  They negotiated early (something that TNT did not do), and are reportedly getting the "A" package, which means that they'll air games on one weeknight, conference finals and ALL NBA Finals until the end of the new deal in 2035.  No other partner has the NBA Finals in their package, but ESPN does, so we'll be dealing with Stephen A, Perk and Wilbon for more years to come unfortunately.

ESPN does a terrible job with the NBA and this was after they released Mark Jackson and JVG, who were a literal awful triumvirate of suck. Like, I have never heard anything that bad in my life and ESPN let it pass for about 15 years before finally realizing nobody liked that trio.

Add that to Perk continuning to provide mediocre commentary and the Countdown crew being uninteresting as ****, and more shoved SAS, and ESPN takes the award for some of the worst, "mid" commentary in the NBA.

Honestly I would like the NBA more if it was divested from ESPN and they did not have so much control of the rights. ESPN is a plague. ESPN ruined hockey, the NBA and soon the SEC.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40113906/nba-suspends-bucks-patrick-beverley-four-games

After the game, Beverley wouldn't allow ESPN journalist Malinda Adams to ask him a question in a group interview in the locker room. He said it was because she didn't subscribe to his podcast. Beverley told her to get her microphone out of his face then eventually asked her to leave the interview circle.

On his podcast Wednesday, Beverley said he had asked that of reporters who interviewed him ever since he launched his podcast. Beverley said he told Adams that "it was never my intent to disrespect you."