Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

39 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

watching the Knicks game.....how is security allowing the dudes under the basket to keep walking out onto the court near the baseline?

Pretty sure that's where former Knicks players have been sitting all series. Stephon marberry the other night. That looks like Starks on the court tonight

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Pacers catching a 1st half 70burger is definitely not “playoff defense”.

Knick have more offensive rebounds (12) than the pacers have rebounds (11). These fools are getting out rebounded on their own end.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Pacers didn't show up. Thibs still played Brunson 43 minutes in a blow out. Dude is going to destroy his players. 

He's learned nothing from his Baby Bulls days, he jus has better talent now.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

MVP doing MVP things tonight...

35points, 12 assists (so far), and giving Gobert a free big man footwork clinic. Jokic has something for everyone tonight. 

it’s not over though. If Ant heats up a ten point lead is nothing. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

For all the Rudy hate, he is still alternating lots of shots at the rim. Jokic just can’t seem to miss against tho. 

I think the bigger issue is he messes up the spacing for Ants drive. 

Styles make fights and Jokic has Gobert’s number. I think it’s that simple. I give Gobert a lot of **** but he’s clearly effective. The stats show it, as do the awards. It’s weird because you’d think with his length he’d bother a mostly below the rim center more. 

The quotes from the Timberpups after the game, I don't think I've really seen anything like that from an opponent after they've come back and taken a 3-2 lead in a series.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40149906/nikola-jokic-collects-mvp-trophy-scores-40-points-nuggets-game-5-win-vs-wolves

"I didn't see any weaknesses [in our defense]," Minnesota star guard Anthony Edwards said. "I seen the MVP. He showed that he's the MVP."

"I just laugh," Edwards said in reaction to Jokic's performance. "That's all I can do. I can't be mad, because he's good, man. I think I said that after Game 1, when we won, and Game 2. He's the MVP. He's the best player in the NBA; he showed it the last three games, three games in a row. He did it tonight."

"He was special tonight," added Edwards, who was held to 18 points with nine assists. "I got to give him his flowers. I don't know what we were supposed to do."

Abused Rudy, btw:

Even by Jokic's brilliant MVP standards, the center put on a clinic against Gobert, the newly minted four-time Defensive Player of the Year, and the best defense in the NBA this season. Jokic converted 15 of 22 shots but was 8-of-9 when Gobert was his primary defender.

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Wow talk about a hot take.

I think it's widely accepted that Jokic is the best player in the league.  3 MVPs, all deserved.  Probably the best passing center of all time.  

I'm not sure why anyone saying that he's the best in the league is a hot take.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Timberwolves aren't ready. They will lose game 6.

Maybe. They’re very good, will be at home, and facing elimination. I think the extra motivation will see them play well. Nuggets will need to be better offensively than they were last night to win game six. I wouldn’t be surprised if this goes to seven games.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think it's widely accepted that Jokic is the best player in the league.  3 MVPs, all deserved.  Probably the best passing center of all time.  

I think that was sarcasm.

I’ve seen this so much with the Warriors, for all the positives Draymond/Rudy bring on defense they can completely destroy any offensive flow. 

Rudy literally ran into Ant twice as he was driving. Come on Rudy. 

The 3 center line up was interesting. Keep Rudy on the weak side or something cause him setting screens for Ant does nothing. Ant can’t throw lobs and Rudy can’t shot so there’s no 2 man game there at all. Just bad spacing. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's called sarcasm my man.

It's like saying grass is green.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Destino said:

OKC would be done if Dallas could hit free throws. Dallas dominated their asses tonight. 

The top 3 seeds in the west we're close record-wise that I honestly wasnt buying OKC was best team in that conference.

I'm still not.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The top 3 seeds in the west we're close record-wise that I honestly wasnt buying OKC was best team in that conference.

I'm still not.

extremely young team. I don’t think they have a starter over 25. They are talented but young teams tend to underachieve in the post season. 

• Thumb up 1