Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

3 minutes ago, duffy said:

I can't even fathom what they'd do for a logo/mascot for Warriors if they're staying away from Native American imagery. 

Doesn't Golden State have the Golden Gate Bridge in their logo? Maybe the Washington Warriors can have the Wilson Bridge.

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Doesn't Golden State have the Golden Gate Bridge in their logo? Maybe the Washington Warriors can have the Wilson Bridge.

Doubtful. Wilson was pretty racist. I'm amazed that bridge hasn't been renamed after everything going on these days.

12 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Cant wait to see the Larry Michael narrated "This Week in Red Wolves History" on the jumbotron at FedEx 

He’s more offensive than the name.  Can’t we get rid of him at the same time?

I might actually watch Redskins Nation tomorrow to get the spin from the kremlin..

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Redwolves keeps HTTR. 

Yeah.  But hailing a ref wolf makes no sense. I guess it’s not that different than hail to the redskins, but for some reason I find it odd and out of place.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s more offensive than the name.  Can’t we get rid of him at the same time?

I might actually watch Redskins Nation tomorrow to get the spin from the kremlin..

Yeah.  But hailing a ref wolf makes no sense. I guess it’s not that different than hail to the redskins, but for some reason I find it odd and out of place.

I've seen people on twitter change it to Howl to the Redwolves

Just now, wrilbo67 said:

Oh hell yeah, I love the thundercats.

Screw Red Wolves.  Just go with thunder cats.  Cheerleaders can dress up as Cheetara.  My 7 year old self had a real crush on Cheetara. 

The NFL already has Lions, Bengals (tigers), Panthers, Jaguars, so just go for all of them...

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If this is true then I think the leader is warriors because clearly there mis another team named the Warriors who might want to remain the only Warriors...

Thats just a guess though.

Then just put a W on the helmet and be done, it will be half assed but what else do we expect from Snyder

2 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Hope you all don't mind

Here's some more redwolf designs

For the art inclined

( its that haiku time of year again)

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

Top 2 looks good, 3rd one looks like a dog, 4th one looks like it belongs in arena league, 5th one looks decent

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

we’re gonna hamfist redskins culture into whatever the new name is and it’s gonna be a mess. 

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If this is true then I think the leader is warriors because clearly there mis another team named the Warriors who might want to remain the only Warriors...

Thats just a guess though.

I wouldn’t read too much into it in any direction. Lawyers, by nature, are risk-averse people and they work to create certainty for their clients. Warriors is already a pro sports team. Red Wolves is a name used my multiple college teams that are currently suing each other. Red Tails is term we wouldn’t even be considering were it not for a movie 8 years ago. They’re literally working over days to do something that typically takes months— rebranding a highly profitable company that’s been around for decades.

Warriors is a poor choice simply because there are people already on a crusade against that name. 

Carmelo Anthony of all people tweeted out a list of names that have to change: Redskins, Indians, Braves, Chiefs, Warriors and a few others were all on it. 

I laughed because I didn’t know a warrior was considered to be a Native exclusive, but so many people filled the comments with co-signs. 

I wonder if that’s what the beat guy above means when he says it’s going to be a tough week... from Skins to Warriors and a continued fight over the name. 

Howl to the Redwolves. 

Archived