Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

With everyone sure it’s Warriors or Red Wolves, I’m going to laugh if there’s a surprise and the team announces the name is something entirely out of left field like the Owls.  You’ll be able to feel the entire fan base stop breathing for a second or two.  

I live for moments like this.

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Dude... If fans, seemingly overnight, fell in love with RedWolves then they will be ok figuring out a name by the 24th lol. Not exactly hard to please ha

we have a 600+ page thread on this forum about the new name of the team complete with multiple names, concepts and detailed criticism of each. I’d argue no ones falling in love overnight and we’re incredibly hard to please.

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Who knows..

Wait what????

Mike Jones is definitely plugged in and doesn't have a reputation for unsourced stories afaik.

So maybe we get rid of the old and bring in the new all at once. Who knows...

After all this emotional rollercoastering I just want me some RedWolf!!!

Just now, Destino said:

With everyone sure it’s Warriors or Red Wolves, I’m going to laugh if there’s a surprise and the team announces the name is something entirely out of left field like the Owls.  You’ll be able to feel the entire fan base stop breathing for a second or two.  

Logo_03.png

I just posted this on my Facebook page. Feel like this is the place to put it here.

Tonight feels like I am saying good bye to a life long friend on their death bed. Yes, I will still be a fan whatever the name is. But it will never be the same. 

I was born into a Redskins family. I came home from the hospital in a hand made Joe Theisman Jersey. My family would get together just about every Sunday to watch the Redskins game. As a toddler I couldn’t sit still I was in to everything. Turn on a Redskins game I would sit in my Dads lap and watch the whole game. The 1991 Super Bowl. I don’t remember much of the season but I remember going to our neighbors house who was a Bills fan and singing Hail to The Redskins every time we scored. And when he stopped answering we called his house and sang it. We had a lot of bad seasons since then. I remember the Turk brothers messing up a game winning field goal to send us to the 1999 Championship Game. I remember Gibbs 2.0. The Monday night miracle game. This is when I decided no matter what the score I would never turn off a game early. I was in college I remember us Redskins fans running down our college dorm hallways screaming and yelling. The Hand of God game and the Sean Taylor return to set up the game winning field goal. I was at Sean Taylor’s last game. Waking up and hearing he had been shot. This was before really social media. Following NFL network all day about how he was doing. Going to bed hearing he had squeezed a nurses hand. Then being woken up and finding out he had passed. The mourning I had for Sean was like I knew him and loved him. In 2012 learning we had traded for the 2nd over all pick and where going to get RG3. Sarah jokes that I would have left her for him. That is how much I love this team. The 2012 season was the most fun I have had a fan in years. Getting to be a season ticket holder 2013-2018. I named my Daughter after the team Hailey for Hail to the Redskins. What ever the name will be I will root for them. But to me they will always be the Redskins. I will continue to sing Hail to the Redskins every time we score.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

My sources agree with you. 

My sources say I need a beer.

I really wish they would rip this band aid off so we can all move on. There's obviously some legal hold up if they can't announce it tomorrow. 

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

Feels exactly like being on the clock in the 4th round and some obvious big board guys have fallen, aaaand....Apke!

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Cant wait to see the Larry Michael narrated "This Week in Red Wolves History" on the jumbotron at FedEx 

"This week in Red Wolves history...they...uh...started playing the game you're currently at!"

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

Just Wolves dumbass. Seriously, if you’re keeping the colors “red” is implied. Also lots easier to say Washington Wolves or Washington Wolfpack. DC Direwolves would be even better.

Redwolves keeps HTTR. 

Just now, Birdlives said:

Out the window as far as I’m concerned. HTTD. Lose the song too.

The song has to go... being that it’s about Native American imagery. And that’s the whole reason they’re changing the name. 

HTTR, however, is not. And links the new name to the old.

Archived