Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That would not be "bad" at all.

They're probably disbanding (oops) the marching band and/or cheerleaders or something that Finlay thinks fans will care about. 

yeah couldn’t care less. Cheerleaders are sexist and demeaning and insult my intelligence. The band is easily misplaced with a recording and won’t be missed either  

21 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it in any direction. Lawyers, by nature, are risk-averse people and they work to create certainty for their clients. Warriors is already a pro sports team. Red Wolves is a name used my multiple college teams that are currently suing each other. Red Tails is term we wouldn’t even be considering were it not for a movie 8 years ago. They’re literally working over days to do something that typically takes months— rebranding a highly profitable company that’s been around for decades.

And they’re doing it without a brain trust to guide things.🙄

21 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:
Re: Snyder giving up Warriors trademark this year

See my comment above. One of the sad things about this is that by holding on to the bitter end, we’ll probably end up with the lamest name in the NFL because it will have to be rushed. This contingency plan was one of the few smart things I actually had given Snyder credit for. You always have to have a plan B. Chicken George taught me that when I was just a kid.

11 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Did some checking and this makes me think that “the preferred replacement name” is RedWolves NOT Warriors because the rights to RedWolves is currently part of a lawsuit between the Arkansas State Red Wolves and the Chattanooga Red Wolves soccer franchise.

We may be in a long wait if we hold out for Red Wolves. Hopefully Danny will be able to pay/donate to the winner to secure NFL rights to the name. I’d be in favor of just calling us the Washington Football Club this season if it meant we could be the RedWolves long term.

image.png.2ef64806f489d14b366c26aa1d796701.png

Has this been solved?

This is not name related, but saw this so may be the bad news coming out tomorrow?

If this turns into the official "Press Conference ****-show" thread, cool, just more winning off the field, I guess.  I'll be here when they figure it out, whatever the hell that is.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why would he? Because of the name? 

No, the only way Rivera goes is if the parameters of his job change somehow. Or there new ownership who doesn’t want him.

I think 99% chance you're obviously right.

There is a slight chance that he hates Snyder's guts after hashing out all this name stuff with him for a month straight while the business side of the FO crumbles. 

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

There must be more to it than that. Those firings were already reported according to the timestamps on Google, so no need to play coy about what's coming if that's all it is.

Well, a lot of stuff can be swirling around it. I wouldn’t be surprised if their firings are the linchpin that gets pulled that opens up a can of worms. 

Archived