Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

I'm on-board with Redwolves but have a feeling its going to be something like "Warriors" or "Renegades" and we're all going to be meh.  I'd prefer a name not used by another team, but with the GSW success wouldn't put it past Dan to think it would draw in fans smh.

Didn't Dan trademark Bravehearts years ago?  Really hoping that is out of consideration 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if all they do tomorrow is announce a new name is definitely coming without announcing the new one, that's not much of a story. If so.  Seems clear already the name is changing. 

Going to be a sad day tomorrow for me. Washington Redskins forever 

5 minutes ago, duffy said:

What are all you people with redskins-themed handles going to do? Keep or change?

That's a good question my friend. I've been a Redskins fan my whole life. I grew up in North Carolina and Redskins was the most popular team here before the Panthers came. I always dreamed of having Redskins season tickets and was able to make that dream come true this year. With the coronavirus and name change it seems I was destined to never attend a full seasons of Redskin home games. R.i.p my beloved team. Now not being from DC I don't know if I should stick with whatever our new team will be called or allow my heartbreak to drive me into being a Panthers fan

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/SB-Blogs/Breaking-News/2020/07/Redskins-Name-Change.aspx

The Redskins intend to announce on Monday that the team will retire its nickname, two sources said, 11 days after naming-rights sponsor FedEx’s public statement asking for a change to the controversial moniker. The new nickname will not be announced immediately because trademark issues are pending, the sources said, but insiders were told today that the “thorough review” announced July 3 has concluded. The team felt it was important to remove any doubts as to the future of the name, one source said.

The timeline for announcing a new name was unclear, but the sense of urgency inside the organization is clear. 

34 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Didnt you say you are a graphic designer? 

show us fierce 

I was actually going to, and started to...but got hungry and went out to get some food instead lol...I will still do it tonight, though.

Well, ****...maybe I should wait until tomorrow after reading the post above mine lol...

Just now, visionary said:

How do we change names on here anyway?  

You probably have to ask a Mod.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

And we shall Hail, together, for one more night. 🥺

Thanks for the (mostly ****ty) memories, jerks

1 minute ago, Scotty doesn't know said:

Just move the team to London at this point. No one is going to watch a mediocre team, let alone a team that is no longer attached to its previously legacy. Just let the franchise die with some dignity left. 

You should move to London so we don't have to hear you cry 😂

Archived