Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

I know it’s been said multiple times in this thread but they’d be insane to announce a new name tomorrow. The smart move would be to tell everyone they’re playing the season as the “Washington DC football club,” and have a DEEP vetting process to find the new name. Post Super Bowl they’d announce the name accompanied with a logo, heavy marketing blitz, and merch merch merch. 

This is a 100-year decision they’re making, and it shouldn’t happen by July 24.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wonder how long it'll take for them to announce the new name.  Tomorrows announcement is kinda like "no duh" but it's nice to know they're moving in the right direction.

As soon as they get the trademarks for it.  My guess, it's a name that someone owns the trademark for. So, Dan has to fork over a little $$$ to get it and secure the trademark.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

<image removed>

170c.gif&f=1&nofb=1

2 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

That was in Dallas, the last home game was against the Giants in a 41-35 overtime loss

That was a happy day though. 

25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, I will be temporarily known as just 2000?  Hmmm.

All you gumps should've been creative 😁

Yes, you have to ask a mod, and have a compelling reason (at least that's how it went back in the day when i changed mine.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

All you gumps should've been creative 😁

Yes, you have to ask a mod, and have a compelling reason (at least that's how it went back in the day when i changed mine.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Li'l Sinister turned 18 years old, becoming a man. Mr. Sinister was born. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I’ll probably do a sticky thread about it when the time is right. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if all they do tomorrow is announce a new name is definitely coming without announcing the new one, that's not much of a story. If so.  Seems clear already the name is changing. 

It's a process. You let the old venerable bull have one last day center stage with the heifers before you bring in the new virile young bull and put the old one out to pasture.

Tomorrow is our day to honor and make peace with, our past, before sending it off to it's final resting place.

Tuesday or perhaps Wednesday (a little later if they run into trademark/legal issues) we will premiere the era of the RedWolf.

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

It's a process. You let the old venerable bull have one last day center stage with the heifers before you bring in the new virile young bull and put the old one out to pasture.

Tomorrow is our day to honor and make peace with, our past, before sending it off to it's final resting place.

Tuesday or perhaps Wednesday we will premiere the era of the RedWolf.

I think they are going with Warriors 

22 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I know it’s been said multiple times in this thread but they’d be insane to announce a new name tomorrow. The smart move would be to tell everyone they’re playing the season as the “Washington DC football club,” and have a DEEP vetting process to find the new name. Post Super Bowl they’d announce the name accompanied with a logo, heavy marketing blitz, and merch merch merch. 

This is a 100-year decision they’re making, and it shouldn’t happen by July 24.

Dude... If fans, seemingly overnight, fell in love with RedWolves then they will be ok figuring out a name by the 24th lol. Not exactly hard to please ha

4 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Why are you excited? Dan still owns the team. Dwayne Haskins is still the QB. 

Yes, haskins is still the QB, who still has a chance to improve. That’s a reason to be excited. Sucks that you’re not, but that’s a different topic i guess :P 

23 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

That was in Dallas, the last home game was against the Giants in a 41-35 overtime loss

At least we can say the last Redskins home game netted us Chase Young

22 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Think of it this way. Our last game as rhe Redskins got us Chase Young.

Oops. Someone else had the same thought. Lol

34 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

If it doesn't end up being Redwolves, like my southern mother in-law says from time to time, "There will be a hell to pay." And that hell, ladies and gentlemen, will be me ... being ... angry and real ... mad ... and ... disappointed. Might even fire off a salvo of posts about it. Maybe express my disgust for Fred and Chick on their Twitter feeds, then simply just move on while trying to quietly adapt. That's right, HELL UNLEASHED!

Archived