Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

19 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Thoughts on this logo? It needs tidying up but the concept/image choice? (not mine, Smoot retweeted it)

Too passive. Give it a menacing wolf stare...like it's about to rip your throat out.

The stars and stripes super-imposed on the wolf are too busy. No real reason for a flag motif but if you want one I'd find a way to put it beneath the wolf's head or something.

Place it on a helmet to give you a really good idea on how it would work.

These are all my own personal tastes, of course...if Redwolves is the pick I absolutely want a fierce image for an emblem. Too many of them look like standard graphic design.

48 minutes ago, duffy said:

Easily my favorite concept for a RedWolves logo. Good enough for at least an alternative logo. I might still want something a little more Fierce for the helmets.

yeah this is easily my favorite logo so far because its exactly what I asked for about a week ago. 

-it focuses on a letter not a cartoon or character/creature

-it incorporates the DC landmarks or flag. In this case both

-incorporates the name in a clever way by using the silhouette 

I would throw this thing on a helmet and call it a day.

Wolf just seems to be the best marketing option right now that has come up too. Imagine everyone getting their kids the wolf pup in a jersey stuffed animals from the gift store. 

A wolf howl over the PA on big third downs to get the fans hyped up and loud like Virginia Tech does with their turkey call sound 

it all just makes sense. 

which is likely why it won’t happen 

31 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Thoughts on this logo? It needs tidying up but the concept/image choice? (not mine, Smoot retweeted it)

whata going on with it’s neck? Is it wearing a collared shirt? It’s way too busy with all the accenting 

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

These are all my own personal tastes, of course...if Redwolves is the pick I absolutely want a fierce image for an emblem. Too many of them look like standard graphic design.

Agee with your post except about the fierce part. This is how you end up with something looking goofy and why all the fierce ones so far look like **** wile e coyotes.

its why I like the W logo and would just use that 

16 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Too passive. Give it a menacing wolf stare...like it's about to rip your throat out.

The stars and stripes super-imposed on the wolf are too busy. No real reason for a flag motif but if you want one I'd find a way to put it beneath the wolf's head or something.

Place it on a helmet to give you a really good idea on how it would work.

Yeah, if we are going to be the *gasp* RedWolves or just Wolves then it has to be menacing.  Even a blood 🩸 drip from the tooth or something!

@visionary  per your 'confused' on the pic :) 

the (positive) enthusiasm and engagement on this lately, and there's this "youthful" (to me) nature to it as though most posters have temporarily  shed a decade or two in mental beatdown over the team, has stood out and it made me think of kids playing in the sandbox...simple things providing great carefree fun with all the creativity and imagination of each participant and most everyone just all into it...i've seen a lot of kids in a lot of sandboxes (even a big part of my work for a few years)...it's a great thing

6 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Grown men gasp over a name of a sports team? That's gotta be a first. 

Headed to Google. 

Well, it was said in jest.  But don’t act like some grown men in here won’t be crying when the name isn’t RedWolves and instead the boring, unimaginative *gasp* Warriors

B8BEEC80-4CF0-4475-B687-80D1C1E98EBB.gif

Ugh, I am totally caught in the shame spiral of anxiously bouncing between this thread and Twitter hoping for any more of that sweet, sweet "Sources have confirmed..." info I crave. And now I have become, what I hate. Posting about my feelings rather than posting actual info. Sigh...

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Agee with your post except about the fierce part. This is how you end up with something looking goofy and why all the fierce ones so far look like **** wile e coyotes.

its why I like the W logo and would just use that 

Not sure I've seen any "fierce wolf" logo concepts so far. Well, there was this one:, and I wouldn't exactly call it fierce lol:

3wGG.jpg

7 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Ugh, I am totally caught in the shame spiral of anxiously bouncing between this thread and Twitter hoping for any more of that sweet, sweet "Sources have confirmed..." info I crave. And now I have become, what I hate. Posting about my feelings rather than posting actual info. Sigh...

Hmm , that sounded very astute, "Actorguy" .

You're really an actor, aren't you? :)

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@visionary  per your 'confused' on the pic :) 

the (positive) enthusiasm and engagement on this lately, and there's this "youthful" (to me) nature to it as though most posters have temporarily  shed a decade or two in mental beatdown over the team, has stood out and it made me think of kids playing in the sandbox...simple things providing great carefree fun with all the creativity and imagination of each participant and most everyone just all into it...i've seen a lot of kids in a lot of sandboxes (even a big part of my work for a few years)...it's a great thing

This is stated to perfection...

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

RedWolves! (I hope)

<insert fingers crossed emoji and the shaking in fear that we get ”Snydered” at the last minute emoji>

I still like the Redhawks name but I’d be happy with Redwolves or warriors 

Archived