Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

36 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

This is my favorite logo so far looks really clean 

For me, it's too generic and mixes too much symbolism (the "W", the capitol building, the wolf, the stars from I assume the flag). A"W" with just the wolf silhouette would be better for Redwolves, although still not one I'd be crazy about. The "W" with the capital building and the stars would lean heavily towards military. Putting them all together into one logo doesn't really improve either, imo.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not sure I've seen any "fierce wolf" logo concepts so far. Well, there was this one:, and I wouldn't exactly call it fierce lol:

Instead of a cartoon style artwork what about a true photorealistic wolf? Is there any team logo that has even tried that? 

https://www.deviantart.com/destructivedingo/art/Growling-wolf-57365963

Not this specifically but something like it perhaps.

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

Probably doesn’t work as a football logo, but I like subtle and abstract, something like this...

This is a little more like it...not quite there yet but is better than most so far imo.

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Instead of a cartoon style artwork what about a true photorealistic wolf? Is there any team logo that has even tried that? 

I am more in line with this thinking...like you said, not this specific image but something that is either very strong graphically or actually goes a more realistic route.

On 7/11/2020 at 3:45 PM, Dissident2 said:

Hearing idiots like this continue to refer to the LOGO as racist disgusts me. The name? I get it. The logo? Utterly ridiculous. A realistic portrayal of a Native American, proposed by a NA and approved for use by the National Congress of NAs called an "old, racist logo." Mind-blowing. 

that’s the type of people we’re dealing with. 

many don’t seem to know anything about any of it. Just want to tell people what to think 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Generally things with that level of detail don't work as logos. You can't make out the details from a distance anyway, it doesn't translate well to grayscale or limited-color documents, etc.

13 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Can't wait till we lose on gameday, and our opponents bust out the confused and sad wolf/doggo memes.

shiba.jpg

Who’s a good boi? Are you a good boi!! (tosses rib bone)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

4 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Generally things with that level of detail don't work as logos. You can't make out the details from a distance anyway, it doesn't translate well to grayscale or limited-color documents, etc.

Makes sense.That explains why all team logos I can think of are more cartoonish than realistic.

Back to the drawing board.

The fact that we have to change the name sucks. I’ve always thought Warriors was a logical fallback plan. Good alliteration, can connect it with military, it works. It’s not great, but no New name is going to be great. Redwolves sounds like the name of a minor league hockey team. If I were advising Dan, I’d tell him to go with Warriors, take the feather off of these GORGEOUS unis and call it a day...this way we keep a connection to the past while moving forward.

image.jpeg.396ac56feea332b708af267f937497bb.jpeg

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

This is just pathetic.  Seriously, what are people thinking???

Lol, people know change is coming so they’re just having fun brainstorming/coming up with their own ideas. Don’t got to be so harsh mate 

16 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I absolutely love the story behind RedTails and was gung ho behind it on day zero but as I had more time to think about it it just stopped working for me.

Yes, the Tuskegee Airmen! Totally dig that, however as a team name it’s terrible. Redtail is something you have when you get your ass kicked. Not a good look...

11 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

That R logo is still the best thing I've seen....I'd like to see an update with a Burgundy/Gold coloring

That’s the thing with naming the team RedWolves.  You’re going to have to go away from the burgundy & gold color scheme if its going to look any good.  Like in that pic which does look good.  But reports are saying they’re sticking with burgundy & gold so I honestly don’t think RedWolves is it.

1 minute ago, Skins Fan Stuck in Dallas said:

Why? Redwolves is awful. This is a franchise worth over $3 billion, not some Single-A baseball team. Let’s not cheese this up

Why? Not sure. Probably many different reasons for many different people. Certain things mean different thing to individuals. But, the name Redwolves definitely has stirred up a devotion and hunger that other names haven’t. 

Archived