Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Are you drunk or something? 

Of course I thought about Washington having slaves, but we aren't changing the name of the city we are changing the name of the football team.

Just admit you don't like the Redwolves name and if you want to help don't suggest worse ones to throw darts at you names you don't like.  It looks more like a temper tantrum then constructive conversation.

I'm not bored, so I'm going to Costco. Not optimistic of where you going with this, so recommend letting it go.

How i'm I drunk?  The reason the name is changing is because people are offended so it's relevant 

I already admitted to Redwolves being a bad name and your post looks like a temper tantrum.  And don't have to listen to your recommendations

8 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

I proposed in the other thread Washington Burgundy and Gold

Sounds like you should lower your level of confidence in your value judgements of name ideas , if that was in your opinion a good contribution.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Jon Allen just tweeted "Httr".

One can reasonably conclude a few things ;

A decision has been made and will be announced shortly.

And the new name starts with R.

that tweet could be a goodbye to HTTR maybe.

1 minute ago, ScottishSkins said:

Redskins didn’t involve grown men howling in unison. I’ll repeat again: embarrassing.

A small minority have excitedly joked about doing this and it's got you all butthurt. Lighten up Francis.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Sounds like you should lower your level of confidence in your value judgements of name ideas , if that was in your opinion a good contribution.

People have called THIS team that for years so it's not a name I came up with.  Just trying to preserve the legacy of the franchise in some way.

I'm excited for the total meltdown that's going to follow the official announcement. It should be quite entertaining. 

Yes, I was not happy about a name change, but I've already gotten over it. With the way things are in our country, it was inevitable. So now I'm just going to accept whatever is selected and move on. There's no point in complaining. I just hope they pick something that's not too terrible. I'm glad that they are at least keeping the colors (for now). 

7 minutes ago, ScottishSkins said:

They done their thing. Their choice.

And anyone who howls after a TD (if that even became a thing), how is that not people just doing their thing? Objectively it's less embarrassing than the hoggettes lol. Every fanbase has their quirky things, who cares.

2 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

People have called THIS team that for years so it's not a name I came up with.  Just trying to preserve the legacy of the franchise in some way.

I've heard this team referred to as the burgundy and gold. Yes I understand what you're saying. But that's not really a good mascot name. You're not going to see the Raiders change their name to the silver and black once people decide to cancel their mascot. 

I get what you're saying, and you're entitled to an opinion, but I don't think naming your team after a color is that great. I mean look at the Cleveland Browns... 

5 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

A small minority have excitedly joked about doing this and it's got you all butthurt. Lighten up Francis.

Looks a little more than a small minority. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And anyone who howls after a TD (if that even became a thing), how is that not people just doing their thing? Objectively it's less embarrassing than the hoggettes lol. Every fanbase has their quirky things, who cares.

Hoggettes are a small group. A majority howling and trying somehow to forge an identity out of nothing is a little different.

2 minutes ago, duffy said:

I've heard this team referred to as the burgundy and gold. Yes I understand what you're saying. But that's not really a good mascot name. You're not going to see the Raiders change their name to the silver and black once people decide to cancel their mascot. 

I get what you're saying, and you're entitled to an opinion, but I don't think naming your team after a color is that great. I mean look at the Cleveland Browns... 

You say mascot but I'm just referring to the team name.  The mascot can be whatever animal you want (pig).  The Burgundy and Gold would just be what announcers on tv call the team I guess.  I will still call them the Redskins and wear my gear.  With Redwolves it's going to feel like a different team

5 minutes ago, TK said:

Hi there. :) 

What??? Did I offend you?

2 minutes ago, ScottishSkins said:

Looks a little more than a small minority. 

Hoggettes are a small group. A majority howling and trying somehow to forge an identity out of nothing is a little different.

Hoggettes were a small group that essentially everyone lauded.  People wear pig noses to games to this day.

You don't like the howl?  Don't do it.  Same with "Coooooooooooooley" or anything else fans join together in doing.  It doesn't make you less of a fan, just don't stop other people from doing it and everyone will be cool.

Well everyone except you because you'll be the guy not howling. 😂

2 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

What??? Did I offend you?

Word to the wise from the unwise:  A "Hi there :)" is a warning that whatever road you're traveling on is about to get closed, so just chill and don't instigate.

I checked your profile, you've been here since RGIII had an ACL.  You should know that by now, man.

Archived