Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why are they sueing each other?  Arkansas isn't in Chattanooga, and Washington isn't in either.  I don't hear anyone sueing the Golden State Warriors over Warriors, what's the deal here?

Is Red Wolves itself trademarked?  If so, would Washington Redwolves be a different trademark?

Maybe someone with a legal background can help me understand this, but how can anyone trademark "Red Wolves?" It's the name of an animal. 

I could see a trademark of the organization and mascot combination being trademarked (i.e. Washington Red Wolves), but not just the mascot. 

• Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The falcons dropped the ball but the other unis released this year are fantastic.

26FF795B-FD66-4F08-A326-A9E4D306BA34.jpeg.303c835ed809930e9d1a4f20439dc251.jpeg9775A916-7E05-4C4B-BCEB-341DB06D9167.jpeg.073649716a3b8c6bcaf2fd065a6ffe66.jpeg03FAC3EC-CCD3-4BA6-9725-6402162FF856.thumb.jpeg.cd34a4ee3abe66c554fd23496cc152a7.jpeg

Rams: logo sucks but the new unis are a fine update to their classic look 

9249CA30-FAB9-4B86-938F-489ABCF648CA.jpeg.9bb9dc092a12dc807f49e516dd86b483.jpeg

Bucs are pretty good throwback to their 02 Super Bowl look. They should have gone with the lower creamsicle design but this is still pretty good and way better than what they had 

2CE4C353-649A-4ECC-8BC2-947735469732.thumb.jpeg.2bdf6b3cae7774147fdf8ebb2bf045b3.jpeg2E5E31BF-2506-422B-9838-D0BA4A261C15.thumb.jpeg.6e53f4f01be7cc953e529bdd63238ab7.jpeg

Chargers jerseys look good

Browns jersey would look better without the stripes

Patriots stripes ruins the jersey

Rams jersey is okay but I do not like the gradient numbers, they are awful

Buccaneers jerseys looks good except for the gray jerseys or is it black?

1 hour ago, kwitt said:

OK so not only the name is bad but anything having to do with Native Americans is bad now too correct?  Just trying to keep with what is OK in our fragile little world today.  Just a matter of time for Chiefs, Braves, Indians, Blackhawks etal if I am following this logic correct?

yeah and why does it matter to you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, duffy said:

If he does, he'll probably get banned lol. 

It was a poor attempt at humor. 

Oh really so you can see the connection to howling (Make me want to holler) the Den (Dave's Den) to Marvin Gaye or I'm I just pissing off you Redwolve bros?  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The falcons dropped the ball but the other unis released this year are fantastic.

Rams: logo sucks but the new unis are a fine update to their classic look 

Bucs are pretty good throwback to their 02 Super Bowl look. They should have gone with the lower creamsicle design but this is still pretty good and way better than what they had 

I like a lot of the new uniforms. Though, I'm Not a fan of anything the Rams came up with. The falcons were just meh. But the other teams' new unis look pretty good. Love what the Chargers did. 

I would like to see something new for the Redskins if we are changing the mascot. I don't think we need to go overboard and come up with something cheesy like the Bengals have, but a change would be nice. 

1 minute ago, hogdirty said:

Oh really so you can see the connection to howling (Make me want to holler) the Den (Dave's Den) to Marvin Gaye or I'm I just pissing off you Redwolve bros?  

You don't name a team that plays a sport as violent as football after a love song singer, please stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That guy squatting on names needs to be publicly shamed. I don't understand why you would do that other than to just be a troll. 

He's a certified weirdo. Says he offered them to the NFL for free and doesn't want money, because he just does this as a hobby. Even said he's spent hundreds on mugs and t-shirts etc. over the years to legitimize the trademarks when challenged...just for fun.

Freak.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You don't name a team that plays a sport as violent as football after a love song singer, please stop.

But Washington owned slaves.  Did you think about that?  and he was a R&B singer who had love songs.  Redwolves suck 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

Lol I'm not pissed off and I'm not a "red wolf bro." 

I want them to become the Washington Werewolves. 

I interpreted your post as attempt at a gay joke (bunch of men howling in the den). If that's not what you were meaning, then that's my mistake. And Then I guess, like the other poster suggested, perhaps you should explain the logic of how red wolves and gayes are interchangeable... 

6 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

You do know this same logic would make you a #Gayebro, right?

:ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I agree with you, but they've already made it clear they're NOT using NA imagery. That's why I want RedWolves. If they could use a spear with "Warriors" or even the current logo, I would probably favor that. But that's not gonna cut it. We can make all the arguments we want to at this point, but it's done. There's not going to be any NA imagery associated with the new team name/logo. With "Redwolves," at least it's some sort of subliminal connection while not being overt.

Absolutely not!!! After this whole fiasco if they don’t want to be associated with this franchise then we should have nothing to do with the culture in general.  And Redwolves seems like a cheesy tail between your legs name.  If we’re going progressive I think we should go with a pronoun,  possibly one that is fluid so it can change with each coach we hire as that list continues to pile up.  Then we could be the ones calling others bigots for a change🤛

Just Kidding I actually kinda like RedWolves😂✌️

Edited by JohntheRedskinsFan
  • Confused 1
43 minutes ago, ScottishSkins said:

Really don’t see how I can support a team with that name. Calling the D the Wolfpack, the stadium The Den, howling. Embarrassing. I’d be out.

tenor.gif

Think how silly it is that we rooted for a team called "the Redskins" all this time...team names are usually silly in a vacuum, until you build some new history and significance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
2 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

I'm not advocating for the Washington Gayes I'm saying its as bad a name as Redwolves

What's your favorite option? 

Edited by duffy
Just now, hogdirty said:

But Washington owned slaves.  Did you think about that?  and he was a R&B singer who had love songs.  Redwolves suck 

Are you drunk or something? 

Of course I thought about Washington having slaves, but we aren't changing the name of the city we are changing the name of the football team.

Just admit you don't like the Redwolves name and if you want to help don't suggest worse ones to throw darts at you names you don't like.  It looks more like a temper tantrum then constructive conversation.

I'm not bored, so I'm going to Costco. Not optimistic of where you going with this, so recommend letting it go.

• Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

With the optics of a bunch of guys howling together in a stadium and calling the stadium the Den the names Redwolves and Gayes would essentially be interchangeable.  

Yikes. Funny how people with bad opinions on one subject seem to have bad opinions all over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had werewolves bouncing around in my head for a while, and I still like Werewolves, would work with burgundy and gold, let them have golden eyes, burgundy fur if wanted, or black fur with burgundy blood dripping from the teeth, could do a whole production of the players transforming before games. I am also pretty sure we will never be sued over that, as any real werewolves are tying to stay hidden. Redwolves would probably result in a lawsuit from some animal rights group saying how bad the animals feel about there likeness being used.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Chargers jerseys look good

Browns jersey would look better without the stripes

Patriots stripes ruins the jersey

Rams jersey is okay but I do not like the gradient numbers, they are awful

Buccaneers jerseys looks good except for the gray jerseys or is it black?

Pewter, and that one is hideous. I'm against double toned jerseys to such a degree that I would start a Crappy Jersey Hunter league, and burn people at the stake for it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

tenor.gif

Think how silly it is that we rooted for a team called "the Redskins" all this time...team names are usually silly in a vacuum, until you build some new history and significance. 

Redskins didn’t involve grown men howling in unison. I’ll repeat again: embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic