Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Just now, moboy36 said:

Really?  I don't follow him closely, so you may be right.  I see him as someone that made an entitled mistake and then owned up to it.  Of course, he'd like another chance, but now he's still a fan of the team.  I could be reading it wrong. It's hard to figure intent. 

Yeah I think he still likes the team and would clearly like a shot anywhere to be fair. The entitled mistake was a big one for me - Dude claimed several million dollars per year was equivalent to slavery. That does not sit right with me on so many levels.

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

Could be - didn't think of that, would think he has a more reliable line into the building than that though

Only person in the building I would think he "might" have a line to is Doug. Outside of that, Rivera and his new staff and front office don't have any real connection or interactions with JG. Hell, most of the defensive players probably don't, either. But I could see Doug having some info on the matter.

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I cant imagine who his sources would be though. Players? I’d be surprised if a player that played here when he did is still on the team. And his old coaching staff is all gone. FO people too most likely, unless he keeps in contact with Snyder, and that would be weird. 

There's a bunch of office staff etc. Media team who probably know by now if the announcement is as imminent as the wider media are saying, as they'll be flat out working on the rebrand. Find it difficult to see them announcing the name and not having a bunch of merch and a logo ready to go, so people in the building will know before the press and the rest of us even if dan is largely keeping his own counsel on the process.

I don't know for sure, but fairly logical that players build relationships with the wider staff as well as the players and coaches. For example the camera guy who films the official interviews etc. There's a lot of non-football staff that have a lot of contact with players.

6 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Yeah I think he still likes the team and would clearly like a shot anywhere to be fair. The entitled mistake was a big one for me - Dude claimed several million dollars per year was equivalent to slavery. That does not sit right with me on so many levels.

True.  I like to think it was heat of the moment, misguided posturing...but definitely crossed a line that's hard to come back from. 

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Because it quotes a large body of text with a one-word response, which is against the rules. It also doesn't add anything to the conversation. 

Understood -- I'm not on here enough to remember or keep up with all the rules.  I'll refrain from doing such things in the future.

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

You should have kept on reading...either that, or you did keep on reading and decided to ignore my follow-up below lol...

You're right -- I should have,...my apologies.  Now that's funny.  LOL!

Buckskin is the soft, pliable, porous preserved hide of an animal – usually deer  tanned in the same way as deerskin clothing worn by Native Americans. Some leather sold as "buckskin" may now be sheepskin tanned with modern chromate tanning chemicals and dyed to resemble real buckskin. 

Buckskin is preserved with a dressing of lubricant, physically manipulated to make it soft and pliable, and usually smoked with woodsmoke. Smoking gives buckskin its typical dark honey color (GOLD), and is highly recommended. Smoking prevents the tanned hide from becoming stiff if it gets wet, and deters insects from eating it as well. Unsmoked buckskin is lighter, even white, in color.

Gotta ditch the burgundy and gold.

Every single b&g concept looks like a dumb ****ization of the current Redskins stuff or a rip off of a college team. Every. Single. One.

With this name change, there is a huge opportunity to recreate DC football. Where there is currently a tradition of losing and mediocrity, that call all be changed OVERNIGHT. Make the imaging something new and fresh, that jives with the rest of the city.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Gotta ditch the burgundy and gold.

Every single b&g concept looks like a dumb ****ization of the current Redskins stuff or a rip off of a college team. Every. Single. One.

With this name change, there is a huge opportunity to recreate DC football. Where there is currently a tradition of losing and mediocrity, that call all be changed OVERNIGHT. Make the imaging something new and fresh, that jives with the rest of the city.

You know this kinda makes sense. Up until now I just wanted a new name (preferably RedWolves) with no native imagery. I wanted to keep the traditional colors and adjust the fight song to the new team name. I was back and forth on the military stuff.

I have always loved our burgundy and gold color scheme but what that really means is that I’m comfortable because I grew up with it.

Change is about having the courage to do things that make you uncomfortable because it will have a long term benefit.

So if there was ever a time to just toss everything and start over fresh it’s right now in tandem with the name change. I’m cool with that even if it takes some getting used to.

I’m with the folks here that wouldn’t buy any Warriors gear, but would at least buy a Redwolves hat and jersey. 

However, they better hire like 20 of the best graphic design companies in the world and have them all come up with their ten best designs each and then narrow it down, narrow it down, narrow it down. Get to a top five or so and then see what the fans think. 

OK so not only the name is bad but anything having to do with Native Americans is bad now too correct?  Just trying to keep with what is OK in our fragile little world today.  Just a matter of time for Chiefs, Braves, Indians, Blackhawks etal if I am following this logic correct?

Just now, kwitt said:

OK so not only the name is bad but anything having to do with Native Americans is bad now too correct?  Just trying to keep with what is OK in our fragile little world today.  Just a matter of time for Chiefs, Braves, Indians, Blackhawks etal if I am following this logic correct?

Correct. And hit the college ranks too. 

giphy-18.gif

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That looks like a Warriors logo concept, even with the wolf silhouette.

Wait....are YOU @Wellbeyondphoto on twitter...? Cause that person said the same thing, and i think I’ve had a couple interactions (good ones, IIRC) with that person

11 minutes ago, kwitt said:

I doubt this will be the case... the only reason this is happening to us us because of racial accusations and the public and corporate support. I highly doubly there will ever be this type of public, commercial and media support for the Chiefs, Braves, Blackhawks,  etc to change. That's why I felt if we went back to the Brave and or Warriors it would be upsetting to the name changers but not to the public at large.

Archived