Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

What amazes me is the talent on Twitter on uni designs and other things.  I love the new fight song, the introduction with the blackout stadium coming out to a moonlight entrance and the howls after 1st downs.  

Wait I haven’t seen any of this besides the Uni designs. You wanna throw me a quick link? 

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

People say the Redskins name was powerful yet we didn't do anything with it outside of the helmet.  We didn't do anything to honor NAs on the field besides the BS things before the game.  I think the next name we need to fully embrace and use it for introductions, first downs and anything else. 

Yea it will be fun. I told the fiancé (Huge tech fan, games are nothing like Skins games) just about the howl thing and she cracked a little smile but tried to keep it contained. 

She’s been howling all weekend lol she’s a dork

Washington Redfins.

New logo is a Shark Fin profile, replacing the N.A. profile.

Everything else remains the same, colors/uniforms.

HTTR survivies.

No other sports team uses this name (easing name protection).

So simple.  So easy.

Blood in the water.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:22 AM, Califan007 said:

I almost guarantee the name will not change within the next 100 years, if ever. There is zero reason to, there is zero pressure to, and a small percentage of fans being "tired" of the topic is number 3,039,200 on the list of "Good reasons for the Redskins to change the team name".

Every trick in the book was tried, and all of it failed, as it should have. The patent protection removal idea failed, the "Redskins = bloody scalp of native Americans" story/myth failed, the polls showed 90% of NAs really don't give a ****, that more NAs associate the word "pride" with the word "Redskin" than any other word, and the Supreme Court basically said "**** you" to anyone who wants to try and keep the Skins from full patent protection, Hell, even the NA activists who were leading the charge said the fight was over.

AOC and Mike-stinkin-Florio chiming in does not change any of that. Nor do any of the protests going on now...the level of disingenuousness needed to link the two issues is mindnumbing. I get that those who thought "Redskins is the equivalent of the n-word' was a valid argument to make might see this as an opportunity to exploit, but doing so won't gain any traction and may actually backfire. 

It's gonna be the Washington Redskins for the rest of all our lifetimes. Suck it up.

Lol

6 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

This kind of thing won't make you any friends here...and will likely get you in trouble with the Mods.  If you have a more substantial reply to make my suggestion is that you edit accordingly.  

Thanks for your concern but,...it's really not necessary.  Have a good day.

13 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

This kind of thing won't make you any friends here...and will likely get you in trouble with the Mods.  If you have a more substantial reply to make my suggestion is that you edit accordingly.  

the guy is one of the biggest homers here. 

Took me awhile but I'm fully on board, and I'm sure that is the opinion of many fans at this point.

With the momentum Red Wolves has gained, I am now just waiting on the disappointment and inevitability of Warriors...

15 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Oh please. You just didn't like what he said. Dont even try it. :ols:

Just now, JWB said:

Took me awhile but I'm fully on board, and I'm sure that is the opinion of many fans at this point.

With the momentum Red Wolves has gained, I am now just waiting on the disappointment and inevitability of Warriors...

At least its not Generals 

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Chris Russell is on the radio saying it's likely to be Warriors based on John Keim's report from yesterday. 

*barf*

What was Keim's report?

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Chris Russell is on the radio saying it's likely to be Warriors based on John Keim's report from yesterday. 

*barf*

If that's true its too bad.  Personally, I really like Red Wolves -- it's pretty unique and has a tie back to the US Navy Reserve.  It's more interesting,...and, wolves are just cool.

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It would need a lot of improvement. That sounded weird. 

one loud howl from the PA system on first downs or sacks it what id prefer 

Wolf howl +siren. Or more accurately,  wolf howl that merges with siren sound effect.

I know it was a joke at first, but Nightwolf's howl is what I'm thinking of

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What was Keim's report?

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41095882-4

The Washington Redskins are close to having a new name "sooner than later", a source said Saturday night. Earlier in the day Yahoo's Charles Robinson reported a name could be announced within 24 to 48 hours. After Washington announced July 3 it would review its name, the feeling was it would be a quicker process. Multiple sources said owner Dan Snyder had started talking to the league about this three weeks ago. Snyder had once wanted an Arena League team, intending to call them the Warriors.

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Chris Russell is on the radio saying it's likely to be Warriors based on John Keim's report from yesterday. Why do we have to be stuck with this unimaginative dork of an owner?

*barf*

The name sucks and is going to cause so much confusion with Golden State "How are the Warriors doing?" "Which Warriors? Golden State or Washington?" I am going to use Golden State and Washington to avoid confusion if that happens

Just now, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

The name sucks and is going to cause so much confusion with Golden State "How are the Warriors doing?" "Which Warriors? Golden State or Washington?" I am going to use Golden State and Washington to avoid confusion if that happens

Doubtful.  No one ever confuses the giants football and the giants in baseball. However the giants have rebranded using NY more and always refer to the "NEWWW YORK football" giants. 

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41095882-4

The Washington Redskins are close to having a new name "sooner than later", a source said Saturday night. Earlier in the day Yahoo's Charles Robinson reported a name could be announced within 24 to 48 hours. After Washington announced July 3 it would review its name, the feeling was it would be a quicker process. Multiple sources said owner Dan Snyder had started talking to the league about this three weeks ago. Snyder had once wanted an Arena League team, intending to call them the Warriors.

So no real new information, just Russell speculating

19 minutes ago, Probos said:

Thanks for your concern but,...it's really not necessary.  Have a good day.

12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

the guy is one of the biggest homers here. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh please. You just didn't like what he said. Dont even try it. :ols:

I took it to be a call out post.  If I proceeded from a false assumption...I will edit accordingly.  I'm apparently not the only one who took it that way. 

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It would need a lot of improvement. That sounded weird. 

one loud howl from the PA system on first downs or sacks it what id prefer 

This. Similar to what Minnesota does with the Viking horn. The wolf howl should only be after first downs. The marching band should still be there and used after touchdowns as it has always been. 

2 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I took it to be a call out post.  If I proceeded from a false assumption...I will edit accordingly.  I'm apparently not the only one who took it that way. 

I simply found the post by Cali007 to be funny considering the date it was made and where we are right now.  It was not meant to be mean spirited.  You don't have to edit anytime, no worries.

I'm not sure why anyone would take offense, but,...the times they are a changing.  

Archived