Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

As a fellow nerd, werewolves would be rad.  Better than the Red Pandas or whatever this nonsense is about. 

Werewolves has definitely been my #1 choice. I guess I would be ok with red wolves, but after doing a little research, I learned that a red wolf is basically just a dog. 

https://es.redskins.com/topic/365985-the-official-es-all-things-redskins-name-change-thread-reboot-edition-read-new-op/?do=findComment&comment=11796367

If it is Red Wolves, I got to say, I will be very happy. In the NFL it is a very unique name.

Just have to make sure the logo (which I assume would change) is classy and not cartoonish.

Update the uniforms slightly and we’re good to go.

As others have said, HTTR can become Howl To The Red Wolves if they move on from “Hail”.

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

For the love of god please don’t let our new team name be the Red Wolves.  The rest of the NFC East will destroy us for such a pathetic team name 😭

NFC East already does a good job of that.

I dunno, you can make fun of a lot of the team names.   I'm not really worried.

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

For the love of god please don’t let our new team name be the Red Wolves.  The rest of the NFC East will destroy us for such a pathetic team name 😭

Red Wolves is much better than Red Skins.

Thought this was a good point worth mentioning.  Good chance whatever logo we come up right now isn't what we have in a few years from now.  Forgot how terrible that initial Ravens logo was.  I don't hold any ill will towards the Ravens, I think their helmet is pretty sharp.  Purple and black are pretty weird colors to have but I think they make it work as well as anyone could.

Dammit, I can't get the tweet to embed.  Anyway, the original Ravens logo was this:

EcsFVa6X0AAwrWw?format=jpg&name=900x900

About to go to bed and thought I'd check the board one last time. Glad I did ... this is looking promising. 

If it is Redwolves, gotta go with it as one word. That preserves the HTTR for one thing, something that really isn't that old as far as its use as an acronym. (Just getting that in before the expected, "You have to let go of all our history" replies. No, thanks, I don't conCUR.)

Considering the importance of wolves in NA culture, this preserves something of a NA connection for me, too. Maybe that's a little forced, but I don't give a ****. It's mine and you can't have it.  

The idea of fans howling in the stands gives me goosebumps. No other fan base does that. That's what makes the name so great: it lends itself to so much bad-assery beyond the name itself. Warriors isn't bad, but ... what are you supposed to do as a warrior? RedTails? This name brings a lot of great possibilities that the others I've heard simply do not possess. 

I would've settled for "Washington Wolves," but I think "Redwolves" is far cooler and more interesting. Endangered species? That's the fan base of this team. Let's start some metaphorical mating and get those numbers up. Where's the wife? 

Back in two minutes.  

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Jesus, man, what team have you been watching for the last 10 years? It can't be any worse than it's been. 

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Very true lolol

But howling as a fan base is so ****ing corny!!!!

I don't know, I think it could be very cool. All I know is, I've never seen that done before, and the idea of our fanbase having something totally original and unique is very appealing to me. Let's see how it plays out. I mean, the Hogettes were pretty damn corny, too, but we all loved them. The fight song is corny as hell, but it's ours. 

I feel good about this IF it's true this is the new name. I don't want to jinx anything until it's official. But as your avatar might say, "I can feel it ... way down in my plums!" 

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't know, I think it could be very cool. All I know is, I've never seen that done before, and the idea of our fanbase have something totally original and unique is very appealing to me. Let's see how it plays out. I mean, the Hogettes were pretty damn corny, too, but we all loved them. The fight song is corny as hell, but it's ours. 

I feel good about this IF it's true this is the new name. I don't want to jinx anything until it's official. But as your avatar might say, "I can feel it ... way down in my plums!" 

“Two plums for one” 😂

With as few tweaks as possible I think I could deal with this ...

Hail to the Redwolves!
Hail Victory!
Wolves on the Hunt!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score—We want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Wolves of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
Hail to the Redwolves!
Hail Victory!
Wolves on the Hunt!
Fight for old D.C.!

Unless Dans pays for the nWo Wolfpack theme & slightly tweaks those lyrics. :) 

Wolfpack is back causin' mass destruction
Guess who's here? The Bad Boys of football
Testin' competition when the war does their mission
Got no mercy
See them race like a streak
If you don't know, you better find out the Wolfpac
Here to prove a point
Number 1, just believe that you don't want to mess with them
I'll be your forward gun
Come on the field, and then you're never walkin' off again

(Chorus)
Don't turn your back on the Wolfpac
You might wind up in a body bag

You took your chances
Now it's time to show you were wrong
On the field this is poor,
Are you such that strong?
Day in, Day Out
The Wolfpack for life
Tell the boys with guts to come on the field tonight
Don't care about the record because you make your own rules
You don't have to takes to fill they shoes
See, it's just a crowd pleaser,
On the ground I leave ya
You're the first to get punked' enemies with these soldiers

(Chorus)
You might wind up in a body bag

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

True, but..c'mon, he turned his name into a symbol.  Matching purple and black were the least of that guys worries.

Anyway:

**** yo couch!!!!! :ols:

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That **** was ****ing awesome.  

So if you saw another teams fans dressed like that, you’d be like “man thats so cool, look how awesome those fans are”?

Honestly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so its not my place to disagree.

Just now, dyst said:

So if you saw another teams fans dressed like that, you’d be like “man thats so cool, so how awesome those fans look”?

Man, in the 80s, in a time where nothing made sense, it made sense.  Every team has fans that do stuff that probably looks dumb to other fans of other teams and when you realize that, everything's alright.

d9bf3fd0-1aaf-11ea-bfab-29bd793645d2

GettyImages-459799832.jpg?w=980&q=75

r960-2ea9d3663d112498ae67c48a8b688d13.jp

Archived