Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

2 hours ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

I had a user name on here was I was younger and didn't know how to control myself, fetus, which was permabanned. So 10 years later I came back and decided that this was the closest thing.

Here's your bedtime story. Pay attention to the first "chapter". :) 

https://es.redskins.com/announcement/11-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

Oh, & make sure you have an adult read it to you, since you're not. even born yet n stuff. :silly: 

13 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Definition of brave

(Entry 1 of 3)

1: having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty : having or showing courage 
a brave soldier
🤷‍♂️

That certainly doesn't apply to Redskins or NFL leadership (if it did we wouldn't be having this discussion). 

I just wanna take a quick moment to acknowledge how objectively hilarious it will be, if Rivera fails miserably here (I don't think he will), how integral he was to picking the name that this franchise will carry forever. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This also has me wondering if there are any dummies out there with the hot take that they wish Bruce Allen was still here bc he never would have advocated for a name change

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Why did you have to say his name???? **** around and say it two more times and 

B834F89C-5CF8-4230-9CC9-AE36A6C49EE5.jpeg

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I just wanna take a quick moment to acknowledge how objectively hilarious it will be, if Rivera fails miserably here (I don't think he will), how integral he was to picking the name that this franchise will carry forever. 

That guy hasn't even coached a single game for us and already has more on his plate than Gruden had and is handling it like a professional. I feel more bad for him than anything, he's basically #2 in the pecking order of determining the name of a historic franchise. 

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

yep that’s why i found it odd from the start that he seemed so instrumental in picking the name. Maybe we’ll just change coaches and names at the same time. New coach gets to pick his team name too as part of the deal  :rofl89:

20 minutes ago, -JB- said:

There’s the helmet if it’s RedWolves until they find a logo 🤔

got to say I think as a general design that looks great

Red Wolves is still bit native American connected right? Hmm. The momentum is at least there. I just don't see the military connection. Or is there a squadron that is called the Red wolves? 

I'm still sceptical. This team has surprised me to many times.

Might be first time since RGIII that we have a top selling jersey...

3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Red Wolves is still bit native American connected right? Hmm. The momentum is at least there. I just don't see the military connection. Or is there a squadron that is called the Red wolves? 

I'm still sceptical. This team has surprised me to many times.

Might be first time since RGIII that we have a top selling jersey...

No Native theme or military vehicle/unit that I know of. It's an animal

Red%20Wolf-Nordsven-USFWS.jpg

17 minutes ago, UKskins said:

image.png.268abe0502e1dc3bdba7a553967895a0.png

I stand corrected. All boxes are ticked. Must say Fred Smoot kinda sold me on the name. And it's the only name so far the energized the people. For all the other names you had lovers and haters. 

Some liked Warriors because it's clean and fits our history. Some hated it because it's to general. "I'm a warriors fan" "Golden State Warriors???". 

Some liked Redtails because the military history behind it is amazing. Some hated it because it's not strong and easy to pick on. 

But Redwolves gets everybody beeing excited about name change instead of booo why change it?

50 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I still say that KC will have their eye on the Red Wolves name if they think that they will need to move on from the The Chiefs one day soon....

I don’t think they will have to. But, if they did could easily be the arrow heads or arrows or something along those lines. 

does it matter what the name is if we still go 5-11 every year?

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

yep that’s why i found it odd from the start that he seemed so instrumental in picking the name. Maybe we’ll just change coaches and names at the same time. New coach gets to pick his team name too as part of the deal  :rofl89:

got to say I think as a general design that looks great

Maybe Synder has figured out the next way of revenue.  Keep changing the name with every coach.  Nonstop new jersey sales!

I think I'm fully on board at this point. 
no sense trying to stop the tide or being upset that it keeps rolling.

I think I like the Wolves / Red Wolves...  and I think what I like about it is the notion of the entire stadium howling after TDs and howling at the opponent's offense.
I think that would be cool.

Bring it on, get it over with.

~Bang

Just now, Llevron said:

no one could have seen this coming lol

It was a **** show until people accepted it. Now it’s pretty cool.

What amazes me is the talent on Twitter on uni designs and other things.  I love the new fight song, the introduction with the blackout stadium coming out to a moonlight entrance and the howls after 1st downs.  

People say the Redskins name was powerful yet we didn't do anything with it outside of the helmet.  We didn't do anything to honor NAs on the field besides the BS things before the game.  I think the next name we need to fully embrace and use it for introductions, first downs and anything else. 

Archived