Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

22 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Yes. Well, the folks who are upset with Redskins and Indians are pretty clean that no native American name or imagery is ok in their opinion. 

But until that's applied go everyone are we sure that's really what they want for everyone?

Our franchise has to capitulate if for any reason that we did nothing to address this even though we had the biggest target in our back.  Our negotiating starting point is very different from some other teams, we aren't negotiating from a position of power or goodwill at all in this one.

Again, I'm open to see what is out there on wanting the Chiefs, Braves, and Seminoles to change their name.  Context is important here so we can gauge what this will look like in a couple years and why we should play it safe instead of a half-measure blowing up in our face.

Every single logo concept for the “Red Wolves” looks horrendous.  What would make things even worse is if they keep the current color scheme but just change name to Red Wolves & have some off brand logo.  Terrifying! 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, its definitely still gold, just not the more metallic gold palette that you're probably thinking of.

I'm fine with a darker burgundy and gold with black happening more often if we keep burgundy and gold.  A darker gold isn't cheating, it at least helps distinguish from yellow, which gets on my nerves, honestly.

I agree a lot of these wolf concept logos are making my head hurt, trying too hard.  There's no requirement to in the logo show this the DC team, not when the first part of the Name is going to be Washington.

The Carolina Panthers logo is subtle in that it's shaped like the combination of both the Carolina states.  I can live with that, not forcing a wolf onto something in DC or logos we already have.  That's not new, that's trying too hard.

Getting new colors would be a terrible mistake imo, I don’t even see how some of you think that’s a good idea. A bunch of burgundy and gold mixed with what silver blue/green? No thanks. The colors have to stay the same 

• Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Change is about having the courage to do things that make you uncomfortable because it will have a long term benefit.

I agree, but I've also never believed that "change for the sake of change" is necessarily a good thing. Snyder did that internally when he bought the team. Immediately fired tons of people with history because he wanted to "start fresh." The internal climate of that place is supposedly one of the worst in the entire league today.

I realize that's not an apples to apples comparison, but I think the general idea there can still hold true in this instance. Be smart enough to hold on to things worth holding onto and get rid of things that aren't. With the name change, I think that's what we're doing. 

All that said, if someone comes up with a new color scheme that looks awesome, is unique and doesn't have burgundy or gold in it, I'd give it a chance. But I love that burgundy/gold look. I think they could tweak it/update it to look fresh, but I'd hate to see them jettison it completely. Yeah, a lot of that's based in nostalgia, but definitely not all of it. I just truly love those colors, and I don't want another ****ing red, white and blue uniform.

If they go with Redwolves, at least I know I won't have to worry about the burgundy. 

I’m no legal expert but I don’t think it’s that easy to squat on trademarks. You have to be actively using them and protecting them to keep them. He might get a few bucks to simplify paperwork for the team, but it’s not the payday he thinks it’ll be.

Just now, hogdirty said:

Redwolves is terrible.  I'm surprised nobody has suggested Washington Gayes in honor of Washingtonian and R&B legend Marvin Gaye

Really don’t see how I can support a team with that name. Calling the D the Wolfpack, the stadium The Den, howling. Embarrassing. I’d be out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, hogdirty said:

Redwolves is terrible.  I'm surprised nobody has suggested Washington Gayes in honor of Washingtonian and R&B legend Marvin Gaye

Yet somehow you managed to propose an even worse name than all the other ones (except Burgundians. That **** gave me depression).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

Redwolves is terrible.

Not nearly as terrible as

I'm surprised nobody has suggested Washington Gayes in honor of Washingtonian and R&B legend Marvin Gaye

The content of this gem.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yet somehow you managed to propose an even worse name than all the other ones (except Burgundians. That **** gave me depression).

Gayes would be on parr with Redwolves

• Haha 1

Why are they sueing each other?  Arkansas isn't in Chattanooga, and Washington isn't in either.  I don't hear anyone sueing the Golden State Warriors over Warriors, what's the deal here?

Is Red Wolves itself trademarked?  If so, would Washington Redwolves be a different trademark?

Edited by Renegade7
38 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait....are YOU @Wellbeyondphoto on twitter...? Cause that person said the same thing, and i think I’ve had a couple interactions (good ones, IIRC) with that person

That's me, yep lol...i thought everyone knew that by now. I posted some of my tweets in the Guice thread earlier this year as well.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ScottishSkins said:

Really don’t see how I can support a team with that name. Calling the D the Wolfpack, the stadium The Den, howling. Embarrassing. I’d be out.

With the optics of a bunch of guys howling together in a stadium and calling the stadium the Den the names Redwolves and Gayes would essentially be interchangeable.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
2 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Dude it just hit me...

This new name might result in new uniforms. I have seen the new uniforms of teams like the Falcons. Omg Nike is going to make some extreme ugly not classic jerseys for us. 

I might need to stack up Skins jerseys for next 20 years. 

The falcons dropped the ball but the other unis released this year are fantastic.

26FF795B-FD66-4F08-A326-A9E4D306BA34.jpeg.303c835ed809930e9d1a4f20439dc251.jpeg9775A916-7E05-4C4B-BCEB-341DB06D9167.jpeg.073649716a3b8c6bcaf2fd065a6ffe66.jpeg03FAC3EC-CCD3-4BA6-9725-6402162FF856.thumb.jpeg.cd34a4ee3abe66c554fd23496cc152a7.jpeg

Rams: logo sucks but the new unis are a fine update to their classic look 

9249CA30-FAB9-4B86-938F-489ABCF648CA.jpeg.9bb9dc092a12dc807f49e516dd86b483.jpeg

Bucs are pretty good throwback to their 02 Super Bowl look. They should have gone with the lower creamsicle design but this is still pretty good and way better than what they had 

2CE4C353-649A-4ECC-8BC2-947735469732.thumb.jpeg.2bdf6b3cae7774147fdf8ebb2bf045b3.jpeg2E5E31BF-2506-422B-9838-D0BA4A261C15.thumb.jpeg.6e53f4f01be7cc953e529bdd63238ab7.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, slinky said:

So bad... soon bad from a design perspective

the only thing I like is that they tried to incorporate the DC flag. But now that I think about it, having 3 stars in our logo will just signal all the Q idiots that something is going on and I’d rather they jump off a bridge (Ill say into a lake of sanity to soften the harshness) than feel any connection to this new team 

10 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

With the optics of a bunch of guys howling together in a stadium and calling the stadium the Den the names Redwolves and Gayes would essentially be interchangeable.  

you’re going to have to elaborate on this 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Jumbo featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic