Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

24 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Think how silly it is that we rooted for a team called "the Redskins" all this time...team names are usually silly in a vacuum, until you build some new history and significance. 

I'll go one step further. Imagine if we're changing FROM Redwolves, with "The Den" and the howling and the Wolfpack already in place. 

Forget the connotations with the name for a minute, but imagine we're having the name change discussion and someone says, "Hey, let's go with REDSKINS. And we'll call our O-line the Hogs and we'll support them by getting a bunch of fat dudes to dress like women AND like hogs at the same time. We'll call 'em ... wait for it ... the HOGETTES! For our wide receivers ... this is gonna be awesome, guys, so badass ... we'll call them ... ready ... THE FUN BUNCH!" 

3 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

You say mascot but I'm just referring to the team name.  The mascot can be whatever animal you want (pig).  The Burgundy and Gold would just be what announcers on tv call the team I guess.  I will still call them the Redskins and wear my gear.  With Redwolves it's going to feel like a different team

Let go of the name and embrace the team/players. Change is coming. Embrace it or struggle against it. 

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Hoggettes were a small group that essentially everyone lauded.  People wear pig noses to games to this day.

You don't like the howl?  Don't do it.  Same with "Coooooooooooooley" or anything else fans join together in doing.  It doesn't make you less of a fan, just don't stop other people from doing it and everyone will be cool.

Well everyone except you because you'll be the guy not howling. 😂

I’ll be the guy not supporting if the need to fabricate an identify somehow results in that level of cringe.

So explain how 

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Word to the wise from the unwise:  A "Hi there :)" is a warning that whatever road you're traveling on is about to get closed, so just chill and don't instigate.

I checked your profile, you've been here since RGIII had an ACL.  You should know that by now, man.

So explain how is someone asking me "Am I drunk" ok?  Me not being able to share my opinion to somebody responding to me.  Go back in look at the post he queted from directed TO ME

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I'll go one step further. Imagine if we're changing FROM Redwolves, with "The Den" and the howling and the Wolfpack already in place. 

Forget the connotations with the name for a minute, but imagine we're having the name change discussion and someone says, "Hey, let's go with REDSKINS. And we'll call our O-line the Hogs and we'll support them by getting a bunch of fat dudes to dress like women AND like hogs at the same time. We'll call 'em ... wait for it ... the HOGETTES! For our wide receivers ... this is gonna be awesome, guys, so badass ... we'll call them ... ready ... THE FUN BUNCH!" 

exactly. You’d be laughed off the board for suggesting something so ridiculous

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Hoggettes were a small group that essentially everyone lauded.  People wear pig noses to games to this day.

You don't like the howl?  Don't do it.  Same with "Coooooooooooooley" or anything else fans join together in doing.  It doesn't make you less of a fan, just don't stop other people from doing it and everyone will be cool.

We should be authoritarian with this. Put people on the jumbotron that aren't howling, contributing to the cause.

Then get them tossed out, Fresh Prince style

FilthyGloriousIvorybackedwoodswallow-sma

2 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

So explain how 

So explain how is someone asking me "I'm a drunk" ok?  Me not being able to share my opinion to somebody responding to me 

Take it to a PM is all.  Words and feels get exchanged, it's a message board and I get it.  I've been there.  If you really think someone went over the line, every post is reportable.

Just no reason to do it in public, you know?

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Fixed.

Awooooooooooo

[Jk. I will definitely be one of the non "awoo-ers"]

Narrator:  He would, in fact, become an awoo-er.

2 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

So explain how 

So explain how is someone asking me "I'm a drunk" ok?  Me not being able to share my opinion to somebody responding to me 

He asked you IF you were drunk. Which is acceptable to ask as your words left doubt in his mind & others. 

This thing is going a little sideways with the “if they/then I’ll” stomping of foots so I’ll go the other way,

on the record that idc what they name them (for some reason I have Washingtonian Turdmunchers in my head) or if they are neon green over purple with paisley accents, I’ll still be the dumbass drinking piss warm beer (nah, I’ll draw the line at piss warm beer and just swing by the tailgate for bourbon) in whatever ****hole they are playing in and yelling **** the Cowboys 

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Take it to a PM is all.  Words and feels get exchanged, it's a message board and I get it.  I've been there.  If you really think someone went over the line, every post is reportable.

Just no reason to do it in public, you know?

Narrator:  He would, in fact, become an awoo-er.

All I said was I didn't have to listen to him.  Wow 

3 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

if that's acceptable what did I say that wasn't?

I have neither the time, nor the crayons to explain this to you. :) 

But here's a hint- go back to the post where he quoted you & asked it. Sheesh. You can't be dense enough to be wanting to play the "I'm this dense" game.  

4 minutes ago, TK said:

I have neither the time, nor the crayons to explain this to you. :) 

But here's a hint- go back to the post where he quoted you & asked it. Sheesh. You can't be dense enough to be wanting to play the "I'm this dense" game.  

Your the administrator but don't have the time to explain.  OK

The thread is the title The Official ES All things Redskins Name Change Thread and I've done nothing but that.  But I have been accused of being drunk and dense.  Go figure.  

11 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

if that's acceptable what did I say that wasn't?

Here's the deal. 

When a Staff member tries to work with (after the members have tried to work with you & you tell them you don't have to listen to them)  you whether in thread or in a PM, reporting them to themselves as "singling you out" & again as "harassing" you, probably isn't the best way to go. :) 

Locke-defenestration.jpg

36 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

It may sound stupid...until it works.

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

on the record that idc what they name them (for some reason I have Washingtonian Turdmunchers in my head) or if they are neon green over purple with paisley accents,

Not gonna lie bro - it looks sick. Good call.

image.png.c238ae0adf74090a32a0afae62f67424.png

Archived