Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

It's a shame they just don't stop covering the team as a whole. That might actually take some balls.

I'm especially troubled by the idea that "But as Mr. Carey noted, every time the R-word is used, something disrespectful is happening."

Yeah, so when my family is getting together (my NA family members) and my 2 year old son, and all of us who love this team are doing something wrong by celebrating our team.

That bothers me.

It'll be interesting to see if CC47 continues to defend the name if he takes a national gig at ESPN. A new contract may require him to cut ties with Ashburn. Chris appears to be on the brink of something bigger after guest appearing on several ESPN programs this week. 

i wish everyone would stop announcing and talking about the Redskins.  Finally get to watch the game in peace without having to listen to a bunch of crap being spewed.

How great would it be to just watch the sounds of the game?  controversy comes up?  Guess what, no ones going to talk about it.

Wow. If its a slur why allow any reporter to use it at all? that's pretty cowardly.

traitors. they had huge circulations promoting the redskins for decades and now they jump on the pc bandwagon.

I guess I will do what I have been doing... not reading the post at all.

F them and UnWise Mike, tony dungy, etc...

Just to be clear, this only applies to their editorial page.  The sports page will continue to use it.  If you go online, there are three or four articles with "Redskins" in the headline, but the editorial page won't use it.  This, in my opinion, makes them look worse.  If you really feel strongly about something (as they say they do), then don't do it half-assed.  Classic example of trying have their cake and eat it too.  But still **** 'em. 

WARNING: Disclaimer- This post is NSFW, possibly racist, evil and meany-pants

I can't seem to get on to the comments section for the Post.  I hope they read this board. I'll ride with the Redskins.   I'm done with the pantywastes at the Post.  I will no longer click on anything there, including news and entertainment.  You have the Examiner and the Times for sports coverage.  The Post can go to hell. 

Just to be clear, this only applies to their editorial page.  The sports page will continue to use it.  If you go online, there are three or four articles with "Redskins" in the headline, but the editorial page won't use it.  This, in my opinion, makes them look worse.  If you really feel strongly about something (as they say they do), then don't do it half-assed.  Classic example of trying have their cake and eat it too.  But still **** 'em. 

It actually is totally crazy. The oped page is where discussing the name makes the most sense.  How do you discuss the controversy without discussing the name itself.  Seems short sighted.  I guess they'll have to come up with a psuedonym.

I'd like to make a motion to the mods:

I hearby move that the ExtremeSkins Message Board forthwith, and with all haste, refrain from use of any source material that emanates from the 'Washington Post' fishwrap, to include both the Editorial and Sports sections; until such time as they get their heads out of their collective rectums and stop this asinine and hypocritical policy.

I also request that stories dealing with our beloved Burgundy and Gold only be drawn from sources who haven't followed in this stupidity. 

Piss on the Washington Post and all who write for her.

This issue is draining on the soul. 

The way the media is trying to twist the word Redskins into revisionist racism really makes my blood boil. This false, phony groundswell of offense.

As a cradle-to-grave Redskins fan, I don't think I'll ever understand this cause. I mean, I used to cry as a child when the Redskins would lose football games. This is a lifelong obsession, with nothing but love, respect, and honor behind the name "Redskins" when I've used it. And for someone to look me in the eyes and tell me I'm being racist for using the term, it's like living in the twilight zone.

"We were impressed this week by the quiet integrity of Mike Carey, who recently retired after 19 seasons as one of the NFL’s most respected referees.... Mr. Carey asked the league not to assign him to officiate any Washington games and, since 2006, the league granted his request. He never made any announcement about it. “It just became clear to me that to be in the middle of the field, where something disrespectful is happening, was probably not the best thing for me,” Mr. Carey said."

Washington Post says they are impressed by QUIET INTEGRITY and NOT MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT, then turns around and makes an announcement about their stand on the same subject.  #hypocrisy

I suggest the next time the Post writes "Buffalo Bills" on it's pages, they get hammered for their insensitivity toward native Americans.

The Post and it's pissing match with dan Snyder,, THIS is what it comes to.

No integrity. Petulant, ignorant caterwauling children.

~Bang

Archived