Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 1/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, Destino said:

If you like documentaries and don’t mind being outraged, utterly, by what you see give American Nightmare a look. It’s short, only three episodes.

Watched it last night. I remember a podcast episode about the story. It focused on Muller more than the victims. And I couldn’t remember what actually happened. Hope Mustard faces the same backlash as that WI prosecutor from the Making a Murderer show.

I imagine the murder-mystery game show Traitors has already been mentioned in this thread but I want to give a shout out anyway.  It’s now in production in USA, Britain and Australia, which I think says something about the quality of the product. 

I’m not a fan of game shows generally (Jeopardy & The Chase aside) but this one is steeped in psychological drama, intrigue and grown men and women crying under pressure.  Don’t be put off by the latter.. This game just doesn’t cater to the faint hearted.

The wife and I have completed the USA and British first seasons (both filmed in the Scottish Highlands with stunning scenery) and are halfway through the Aussie first season.  The final of the USA game was great but the final of the British series was heart stopping!  This game has hooks!!  

It’s produced by Pea**** and I highly recommend watching.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@FuriousD we just started it last night, very entertained so far.  Love reality shows where people can screw each other over LOL.  

I've been waiting on this one for a couple years now, and it's finally here.  First episode drops on Friday.  Hanks and Spielberg have been wanting to do this show for years, apparently.  Looks basically like a "Memphis Belle" series :).  Early reviews have it at 88% on Rotten.  

120523_Masters_of_the_Air_Trailer_Post_Big_Image_01_big_image_post.jpg.slideshow_large.thumb.jpg.da818983ce21ac968348f3b7782be853.jpg

• Like 1

"Gyeongseong, 1945. In Seoul's grim era under colonial rule, an entrepreneur and a sleuth fight for survival and face a monster born out of human greed."

Edited by FrFan

Watched American Nightmare yesterday based on your all recommendations in here.  Wow what a riveting documentary and I had not heard about that story before.  It was totally ****ed up.  I feel really bad for that couple but they seem to be doing fine now.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 1:45 PM, Chew said:

@FuriousD we just started it last night, very entertained so far.  Love reality shows where people can screw each other over LOL.  

I've been waiting on this one for a couple years now, and it's finally here.  First episode drops on Friday.  Hanks and Spielberg have been wanting to do this show for years, apparently.  Looks basically like a "Memphis Belle" series :).  Early reviews have it at 88% on Rotten.  

120523_Masters_of_the_Air_Trailer_Post_Big_Image_01_big_image_post.jpg.slideshow_large.thumb.jpg.da818983ce21ac968348f3b7782be853.jpg

Just a little aside on the air of WWII.  Ever heard of the story of Charlie Brown, the American Bomber pilot and Franz Stiegler, the German Ace Fighter Pilot?

Boy Swallows Universe on Netflix is fantastic. Australian show about a little kid and his wildly dysfunctional family but its hardcore and poignant at the same time. Highly recommend. Limited series, so not a big commitment.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

We just "discovered"  Fargo and we're about halfway thru the 3rd season.    Very, very entertaining.

We recently found it too, and have since watched every season. Awesome show. I liked season 1 and 3 the best, but all were good. 

• Like 1

I had no clue there was a season 2 to the Murdaugh documentary on Netflix and came across it the other night and finished it last night.  I'd say it's even more riveting than the first season was.  It's only 3 episodes just like season 1 so it goes by real quick.  It's like 90 minutes total I think.

Anyone have any other documentary recommendations similar to stuff like that?  I am super intrigued by those types of documentaries involving police work with body cam and surveillance footage.  I watch a lot of those shows on ID and A&E.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I had no clue there was a season 2 to the Murdaugh documentary on Netflix and came across it the other night and finished it last night.  I'd say it's even more riveting than the first season was.  It's only 3 episodes just like season 1 so it goes by real quick.  It's like 90 minutes total I think.

Anyone have any other documentary recommendations similar to stuff like that?  I am super intrigued by those types of documentaries involving police work with body cam and surveillance footage.  I watch a lot of those shows on ID and A&E.

American Nightmare mentioned above is a three parter that you can easily do in one sitting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

American Nightmare mentioned above is a three parter that you can easily do in one sitting.

Already seen that one and yes it was great.  I posted about watching it per recommendation in here.

I’ve been watching x files again for the first time since I Was a boy. A few things occur to me. When I saw it originally I thought Mulder was awesome and Scully as a sort of holding him back. Now as a grown man, Mulder is kind of annoying. He’s prone to saying crazy things at the most inopportune times and just randomly runs off all the time. 

Scully on the other hand is a bad ass and without her he’d have died 30 times over. She is constantly saving his life and his job.

Also, Scully gets hotter every season. 

• Like 1

I'm watching the last season of Jack Ryan, and I lost after a few episodes. Overall, the first three seasons were good. 

I just saw the trailer for a new series called House of Ninjas.  The trailer looks good.  I will check it out when it comes out.  

On 1/24/2024 at 1:45 PM, Chew said:

Just started on episode 2. That battle at the end of the first one… dear lord it looks beautiful in 4K Ultra. 

• Like 1