Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I watched the entire season of fallout.

I've played fallout games since the first one came out in the 90s.

I think the show is a lot better than expected. Especially considering it's from Amazon. It's nothing like the game but it still adds a lot of the game elements to the show.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that the story didn't really go that far in the first season. Should have had more episodes imo.

I am not a fan of the Fallout games at all and just have no interest in basically anything Bethesda puts out, but I watched the first episode last night and loved it.  It does make me wish I knew who these characters were now though lol.

The opening scene was freaking awesome.  It really set the scene of everything.

I have no kids. But if I did I'd make them watch Bluey non stop with me. I ****ing love that cartoon. It's irrational why but I just do.

And that latest episode that premiered today was one of the better things I've watched in a long time. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 5:39 PM, Bang said:

I am looking forward to starting "Sugar". Anything Colin Farrell is in, he's great.

~Bang

Sugar looks good, love a good LA mystery.   We're going to binge it once all the episodes are available.  

Baby Reindeer on Netflix.  What in the absolute **** am I watching.  I had never heard of it, but it's been getting a lot of hype in some TV groups so I tossed it in the queue.  We were going to watch one episode before bed last night and ended up watching five until 1 AM, we just couldn't look away.  It's ****ing DARK.  Like, one of the darkest shows I've ever seen. 

Edited by Chew

On 4/15/2024 at 12:45 AM, The Evil Genius said:

I have no kids. But if I did I'd make them watch Bluey non stop with me. I ****ing love that cartoon. It's irrational why but I just do.

And that latest episode that premiered today was one of the better things I've watched in a long time. 

Bluey is one of the all time great shows. It’s funny, it’s heartfelt, beautifully written, and it is hands down imo the best depiction of what it’s like as a parent and the range of emotions that entails. 

and all in 10 minute episodes. It’s impressive 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Married With Children has aged so horribly and it's ****ing awesome.

I dunno I think it has aged fantastically BECAUSE it could never be made in today's world.

And it is still just as funny now, if not funnier, than it was when I watched it as a kid.

They run marathons of that show on the Logo channel very often.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Married With Children has aged so horribly and it's ****ing awesome.

Kind of sad that MS is really affecting Christina Appelgate, who played Kelly Bundy, so badly.

I remember watching those early Fox shows when that network started.

For All Mankind has gotten renewed for Season 5.  Also, a spinoff called Star City. About the Soviet base, going back all the way to 69 and when Russians beat us to the moon. Guess story will be told from Soviet point of view.

So, double the alternative history.

"The Completely Made Up Adventures of Dick Turpin" on Apple TV.
I like absurd British comedy and I like Noel Fielding, except on British Baking Show, where most people will know him from. He doesn't belong there.
Doing ridiculous comedy like this is where he is best. (If you never saw "The Mighty Boosh"..  oh man.. Vince Noir is a great character)
The show is about a B-, not great, but fun enough as a sitcom. 

~Bang

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

I dunno I think it has aged fantastically BECAUSE it could never be made in today's world.

And it is still just as funny now, if not funnier, than it was when I watched it as a kid.

They run marathons of that show on the Logo channel very often.

That’s exactly what I meant. It could never be made today. And it’s great. 

• Like 1

I finished Fallout tonight and thought it was awesome.  I am not a fan of the games and don't like anything Bethesda makes.  I am just not into those kind of first person action RPG games at all.  So I don't know anything about the game world or anything like that.

But I thought the show was great and can't wait for season 2.  The way it ended just made me want to watch more and they definitely left a great story to be told in the next season.  They also left some things unanswered which is fine too so they can give answers in the next season, unless I missed some stuff.

I had read that some people said it got a little slow/down around episode 6 and I agreed but after finishing the final episode, the direction it went in those episodes made total sense why they did that.  In general, I just am not a fan of shows where they ...

Spoiler

spend so much damn time in flashbacks.  I want to know what is going on in the current story and don't care about the past.  However, the way everything tied in with the flashback stuff into the final episode, I was okay with it after the fact.

All in all, a fantastic show IMO.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1