Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

This documentary on Netflix about the Octopus Murders is banaaaaanaas. If you like DC 80s era conspiracy stuff, it’s fantastic. 

The brother of the journalist that got killed is the physician for the Commies. Used to see him on the sidelines when I was covering games. 

• Like 2

Hallmark has an excellent time travel series, The Way Home. Currently airing second season at 9pm on Sundays.

A daughter falls thru a pond that takes her back to key event in her mom’s life. She keeps going back and even becomes besties with her young mom. Her mom even does the same thing going back , trying to find out what happened to her kid brother who went missing.  Season 2, it’s mostly the mom going back but this time to 1814 and she finds out what happened to her little brother.

• Like 1

First 2 episodes of Shogun was pretty awesome.  I will definitely be watching it weekly.

My only "complaint" if I call it that, more that I just find it kinda goofy, is that when they are speaking English in the show they are "supposed" to be speaking in Portuguese.  And they like keep reminding you that lol.  But I guess they didn't want the show 100% subtitled so they went that route.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Count me in on Shogun too. Even if I’ll admit, I have to pause and rewind in 10 second increments a lot to try to keep up with everyone’s names. 

it’s excellent and feels very much like early season GoT with all the characters and political machinations involved 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

The Shogun English-Portuguese thing is the only valid complaint. It's kind of confusing especially when you get to Episode 2 and they start to flesh out what happened.

Otherwise this show is perfect. Strong visuals, exciting plot, and female nudity

On 3/1/2024 at 8:54 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

This documentary on Netflix about the Octopus Murders is banaaaaanaas. If you like DC 80s era conspiracy stuff, it’s fantastic. 

The brother of the journalist that got killed is the physician for the Commies. Used to see him on the sidelines when I was covering games. 

This was a wild ride. I could see myself going down a rabbit hole. Not gonna do it. I did see some YouTube videos of local news clips when some of these associated murders/suicides happened.

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

This was a wild ride. I could see myself going down a rabbit hole. Not gonna do it. I did see some YouTube videos of local news clips when some of these associated murders/suicides happened.

Conspiracy theories are fun.  

But there's no possible way I think that guy killed himself.  

On 3/1/2024 at 9:53 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Hallmark has an excellent time travel series, The Way Home. Currently airing second season at 9pm on Sundays.

A daughter falls thru a pond that takes her back to key event in her mom’s life. She keeps going back and even becomes besties with her young mom. Her mom even does the same thing going back , trying to find out what happened to her kid brother who went missing.  Season 2, it’s mostly the mom going back but this time to 1814 and she finds out what happened to her little brother.

LOVE time travel stuff. Will definitely check this out.

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Conspiracy theories are fun.  

But there's no possible way I think that guy killed himself.  

There’s a lot to the story and I don’t want to catch myself going on tangents and rewatching everything. 

There was someone who said that his injuries to his wrists were too severe for it to be self inflicted. I can’t remember what their credentials were. The woman who said that she saw I guy with dark hair enter the room makes it sound like someone else was there. But eyewitnesses can be unreliable.

I do think he was murdered from what was presented. 

I read more about the guy who killed the three people on the Tribal land who was preaching in Honduras. That was so awful for the victim’s daughter when he was released.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 8:54 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I did watch it but it was a bit convoluted. So many tentacles that I couldn't really ingest what the actual "conspiracy" was. 

Friends, if you're not watching Tokyo Vice on HBO, I highly recommend.  Season 2 is about halfway over and it's going to be renewed for S3.  

Based on a true story and book by Jake Adelstein, a young college grad from Missouri (Ansel Elgort) joins a Japanese newspaper as a crime reporter and ends up attaching himself to a senior Tokyo detective (Ken Watanabe). Together, they follow the bread crumbs into the Tokyo underground and Yakuza. It takes place in the early 2000s and the fashion and cars are dope as hell.   

It's filmed entirely on location in and around Tokyo and is beautifully shot.  It's a slower burn but the character development is excellent. S1 is 88% on rotten, S2 is 92%.  

Big Ken is in his mid-60s and he's still a badass mfer.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Chachie said:

I did watch it but it was a bit convoluted. So many tentacles that I couldn't really ingest what the actual "conspiracy" was. 

Lotta conspiracies wrapped up into one.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, purbeast said:

I've been watching some of the crime documentaries on Netflix recently and have really enjoyed all of the following:

Sins of our Mother

I Just Killed My Dad

Love, Stalker, Killer

The Hatchet Weilding Hitchhiker

Murdaugh Murders Season 2

Some of them are just 1 single doc, the others are 3 eps each. 

I think they are all worth watching and fascinating.

If you like ****ed up documentaries on Netflix, check out The Program, Cons, Cults, and Kidnapping. It’s three episodes a little over an hour each. I just watched the first one. So hard not to get angry while watching it.

• Thanks 1

Without Boston Rob, that show would suck...and he could go out at any time.  It's like a survivor without any of the hardship.  I am not sure how much more my wife and I will watch of the show.

Finished watching The Program: Cons, Cults, and Kidnapping. It’s three episodes about 3 1/4 hours total viewing.

It’s about these places where parents send their “troubled teens”. The documentarian is a former victim.

It’s appalling and uncomfortable. But needs to be seen.

I'm really liking Foundation on Apple so far.  I usually have a hard time getting into lower budget sci-fi but the story is pretty interesting.  And I'll watch anything with Jared Harris.  

The new Fallout trailer just dropped, we're a month out.  Dogmeat sighting! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Finished watching The Program: Cons, Cults, and Kidnapping. It’s three episodes about 3 1/4 hours total viewing.

It’s about these places where parents send their “troubled teens”. The documentarian is a former victim.

I gave my parents every reason to send me to a place like that. Glad they didn't. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I plan to start this one tonight!

Chew is spot on with Tokyo Vice. 

The Completely Made-Up Adventures Of Dick Turpin on Apple TV is hilarious. Though Dick Turpin looks kinda like the original singer of LA Guns :ols: