Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I am enjoying Mr. and Mrs. Smith on Amazon.  It is quite funny.  

I'm also watching Animaniacs.  I didn't realize Hulu had rebooted it in 2020.  My teens also find it funny saying "they're a lot of adult jokes in this.  Is it written for kids or teens/adults?"  I said with good writing, cartoons can be enjoyed on multiple levels.  The jokes you find funny are probably not the same ones your 8 year old sister will enjoy.  The season 1 episode 1 song about the decades since the 90's was great, and the references to Trump were hilarious..

Edited by gbear
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, gbear said:

I am enjoying Mr. and Mrs. Smith on Amazon.  It is quite funny.  

4 episodes in and loving it so far.  The chemistry between Donald and Maya is very believable.  

There have been several heavyweight cameos! 

• Thumb up 1

The Tourist on Netflix.

I didn't know what to expect here but I've been really, really surprised.  Takes place in Australia and it opens with this guy driving in the outback in his little piece of **** car.  And he gets run off the road by an 18 wheeler, no explanation as to why.

Wakes up in the hospital with amnesia....kind of a cliche, but it gets interesting, fast.  He's out to figure out who he is, why he wound up there, etc.  The characters are well done, the acting is great, ESPECIALLY the bad guy who's kind of on a Bardem in No Country For Old Men kind of a vibe.  He's tremendous.  

I'm on the 4th episode.  Wife isn't interested for some reason so I'm gonna watch when I can but I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Resident Alien new season started yesterday. Airs Wednesday at 10.

The sheriff still kills every scene he’s in. 

Everybody wants an owl neck :lol:

On 1/27/2024 at 7:16 PM, Kosher Ham said:

Not  yet. I knew i had to watch the others, have a slight idea of what happens.

Yeah, we love that franchise.  All the spin-offs are really good.

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Monday’s episode of NCIS is going to be a tear jerker; as it’s the tribute episode to Ducky. Since David Mccallum passed last year.  

Dr. Palmer visits Ducky but sadly finds him on his bed, passed away. Episode is all about remembering Ducky.

Awesome, thanks for the spoiler for those that were wondering what had happened at the end of the last episode.

19 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, we love that franchise.  All the spin-offs are really good.

Awesome, thanks for the spoiler for those that were wondering what had happened at the end of the last episode.

The trailer for next week showed that, just describing the trailer.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:11 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Monday’s episode of NCIS is going to be a tear jerker; as it’s the tribute episode to Ducky. Since David Mccallum passed last year.  

Dr. Palmer visits Ducky but sadly finds him on his bed, passed away. Episode is all about remembering Ducky.

I just read this yesterday, but thanks for the heads up about it. I don't think I've sat through more than an episode or two since the season after Ziva left, but it was bittersweet to see callbacks to so many episodes that I remember at least a little of. I knew that McGee was really the last of the old guard there, but I never thought about how Jimmy Palmer was also in it since the first season. Jimmy always seemed a bit immature to me, so seeing how much his character has grown over even just the last 10 years hurts a little bit when I compare it to myself lol.

40 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I just read this yesterday, but thanks for the heads up about it. I don't think I've sat through more than an episode or two since the season after Ziva left, but it was bittersweet to see callbacks to so many episodes that I remember at least a little of. I knew that McGee was really the last of the old guard there, but I never thought about how Jimmy Palmer was also in it since the first season. Jimmy always seemed a bit immature to me, so seeing how much his character has grown over even just the last 10 years hurts a little bit when I compare it to myself lol.

Even with all the cast changes, show is going strong. You figure after Gibbs left, show would decline but it’s going strong and has been renewed for Season 22. Plus, there’s a new spinoff coming, NCIS:Origins with a young Gibbs.

I've been watching some of the crime documentaries on Netflix recently and have really enjoyed all of the following:

Sins of our Mother

I Just Killed My Dad

Love, Stalker, Killer

The Hatchet Weilding Hitchhiker

Murdaugh Murders Season 2

Some of them are just 1 single doc, the others are 3 eps each. 

I think they are all worth watching and fascinating.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I've been watching some of the crime documentaries on Netflix recently and have really enjoyed all of the following:

Sins of our Mother

I Just Killed My Dad

Love, Stalker, Killer

Murder TV   😄   

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2024 at 10:58 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Avatar The Last Airbeder series premieres tomorrow on Netflix. 🤞

have you watched? After two episode, I’m enjoying it. It’s missing the whimsy and silliness of the anime but it’s also not aimed at kids watching Nickelodeon after school like the original was. I think it’s done a great job so far and I’ve enjoyed the changes. Like the original, Zuko is a standout. 

my biggest complaint is Katara is helplessly miscast. She’s bad. She has the same expression regardless of what’s happening around her. Honestly she kinda drags down every scene she’s in because she’s a wooden board and with a character as important to the show as she is, that’s going to be a problem if it doesn’t change. I’m only two episodes in so hopefully that aspect gets better because I’m having fun with everything else. The bending looks fantastic 

On 2/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, purbeast said:

Sins of our Mother

I Just Killed My Dad

Love, Stalker, Killer

Just watched Love, Stalker, Killer. Whoa. Them dating apps be wild.

• Like 1