Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I was catching up on NBC's Constatine; which airs Fridays at 10pm.  I like it, curious to see where it goes and it is the perfect companion to Grimm.

SyFy has a 3 night mini-series called Ascension starting on Dec. 15. Seems interesting to at least check out the first night.

That 3 night "Ascension" miniseries on SyFy starts tonight.

Looks like SyFy is going to focus more on SCI-FI.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/12/14/ascension-syfy-tv-series/20176425/

• Like 1

The last episode of Consantine was pretty good, the best one yet, I think.

Although I think they may not renew the show because of ratings.

It's still only about halfway through the season though.

Just watched the first five episodes of The 100 on Netflix (the show airs currently on CW in it's second season now).

It's surprisingly good so far, one of the main antagonists on the show is played by the guy who played Desmond on LOST.

There's some pretty hot girls on the show too, which is always a plus.

Outlander! It's so neat. A 1930s woman gets shot back in time to the late 18th century in Scotland and hangs out with a bunch of Scottish highlands clans while they battle the English. Tons of graphic violence and nudity.

Not to mention the main character is a Victorias secret model and is butt nekked just about every episode

Her neck seems too long in that picture . . . ain't into hitting giraffes. 

The last episode of Consantine was pretty good, the best one yet, I think.

Although I think they may not renew the show because of ratings.

It's still only about halfway through the season though.

I like that show but it isn't coming back.  NBC halted production of new episodes; so when they finishing airing what's left, that will be it for the show.

Her neck seems too long in that picture . . . ain't into hitting giraffes. 

Wait...she has a neck?  She's completely naked so often (full frontal and back shots)  that I never noticed anything about her neck LOL.  She's a damn good actress, too LOL.

I hope everybody is ready for Season 5 of Shameless coming soon!  William H. Macy is a funny dude

Did anyone watch "Marco Polo" on Netflix?

~Bang

Yes. I loved it. They marketed it badly so people are going in expecting the wrong thing. It's a Kung Fu miniseries wrapped in some dubious history, political intrigue, and a white dude doing white dude things (like feeling strongly about everything and ignoring cultural differences). Critics hated it because it's not particularly smart or empowering.

As soon as the blind Kung Fu monk showed up, I was all in. The show tried to do too much but it has to be appreciated for what it is and not hope for what it isn't. There are ninjas.

No one is running along tree tops or sword fighting on the surface of a lake though, it's not that kind of kung fu flick show. It's not magical fantasy.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

Stuck at home on Workman's Comp with a torn bicep tendon. Was thinking about that Marko Polo series on Netflix, but has anyone watched MI-5 or BBC's Sherlock

MUST WATCH SHERLOCK.

Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are amazing in it.

BTW - Ascension looks promising from the previews. If it hits, I hope they develop it into a series like they are projecting.

Edited by The Evil Genius

I DVR'd the first two episodes and am thinking of watching all three back to back to back. How is it?

I thought it was pretty good!  I've only seen the first episode, and part of second.  Have to fire up the old DVR for 2 and 3.  But I did like the first episode enough to want to see how it closes out.

• Like 1