Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

My wife and I are on the first season of Orange is the New Black.  Very funny with some great characters and story lines.  Well done Netflix!   The great thing about Netflix is that you don't have to wait a week for a new episode....the whole season arrives at once. 

I started Breaking Bad about a year ago... and now i have watched about 4 or 5 episodes.

i  "like" it every time i watch, but i am never dying to watch it.   it just hasn't dragged me in the same way the wire/true detective did.   

i still will watch it...eventually.   but i just haven't felt the NEED to do so.

I started Breaking Bad about a year ago... and now i have watched about 4 or 5 episodes.

i  "like" it every time i watch, but i am never dying to watch it.   it just hasn't dragged me in the same way the wire/true detective did.   

i still will watch it...eventually.   but i just haven't felt the NEED to do so.

You ought to be ashamed  :(

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

i "like" it every time i watch, but i am never dying to watch it. it just hasn't dragged me in the same way the wire/true detective did.

i still will watch it...eventually. but i just haven't felt the NEED to do so.

Completely agree. BB was boring until Saul showed up and medicore until the last season.

Glad to see the release of the final season is really giving the show a new audience. It was a terrible mistake to draw out the first case, but seasons 1,3, and 4 were phenomenal.

Agree. I think they should have went a different direction with S2. However, I still can't label S2 as bad, at all. It was just my least favorite.

P.S.  Holder is the man. "1-900-Linden"

P.S.S. "Breaking Bad was boring..." is blasphemy.

Finally got around to watching the latest episode of Strain and...the action/horror stuff is great, but characters just get stupider and stupider.

It's really hard to put up with the general idiocy of people on this show.

A buddy of mine has given up on the show and my brother sounds close to giving up too.

I will probably give it at least another episode and hopefully people will start acting a bit smarter.

Edited by visionary

Okay, I am late to the show on this one, but I am on season 2 of the Sopranos.  The first 5 episodes of season 1 were boring, but my friend told me to stick with it, so I did.  I feel this way with most shows.  Now it is awesome.  I can't stop watching.  If I don't have a Netflix movie at home at the time, it is my go to show.  Of course, I absolutely love Mafia movies with Goodfellas being my favorite. 

Also, I love Vikings.  I have only watched season 1, but the lead guy is awesome.  It doesn't hurt that his wife can fight and she is hot.  Hot women fighting, I'm in. 

Any of you guys watching Outlander on STARZ?  It's about a 1940s irish nurse who travels in time back to the late 1700s and is in the middle of a warzone between the english and the scottish (i think?).  Really neat show so far.

The main character is played by smokin' hot Victorias Secret model Caitriona Balfe, who has been butt-ass naked every episode so far.

I'm not a horror fan by any means because generally speaking, as most of us know, horror flicks/shows have low production quality, poor script writing/dialogue, and mediocre acting. Also, for me, personally, the fantasy element just doesn't jive with my taste.

But I have to say, my gf (more of a horror fan) and I watched the first season of Penny Dreadful from Showtime a few weeks ago and we were absolutely enamored with it. Amazing show. Really is. Even if you're not a horror fan, give it a shot. Truly top notch skills on display from Eva Green and Timothy Dalton.

Love PD.  Green and Dalton are amazing on that show.  It's like HBO's True Blood but without all the soap opera drama. 

And I know Billie Jean Piper has horrible teeth, even for English standards...but she's hot.

And Tim Dalton's butler dude with the face tattoos is badass.

Edited by Chew

Also, I love Vikings.  I have only watched season 1, but the lead guy is awesome.  It doesn't hurt that his wife can fight and she is hot.  Hot women fighting, I'm in.

We've got a thread on it here somewhere...hubby lost interest after season 1, but holy...I love that show.

Season 2 will absolutely blow your mind. Sometimes I actually had to pause it & walk around for a couple minutes trying to absorb what I'd just seen.

Love PD.  Green and Dalton are amazing on that show.  It's like HBO's True Blood but without all the soap opera drama. 

And I know Billie Jean Piper has horrible teeth, even for English standards...but she's hot.

And Tim Dalton's butler dude with the face tattoos is badass.

oh snap!  I didn't watch enough episodes of PD then.  What episode did Billie Piper start in?  My wife is an ultimate Dr. Who fan (all of them - from the original to current), me, well I'm not.  But when they started it back up, Billie Piper was the reason I watched it lol.  She is hot, no doubt.