Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Not as consistent. But it was damn good, and had a ton of swerves that you never saw coming. Great blend of misery/dark gritty material, comedy, and intense action. Every episode was a little different in what it brought from each genre though.

Some episodes were pretty tough to watch

Good recommendation man, I'm 6 episodes deep in season 1 and laughing my ass off.  Seriously, I can't believe I never watched this show before.

I forgot how much I miss Dennis Leary and his comedy and pissed off at the world attitude like he's a ticking time bomb lol.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

They are running a Walking Dead marathon this weekend. It is a perfect time to get caught up.

Can't wait until they start up again in October. Time flies though when you have other interests. Currently halfway through the pilot of Orange Is The New Back. Honestly seemed too couples show-ish for me until about the 38 minute mark. If I get that vibe again though, thats it. Pretty funny so far.

I finished watching Copper (BBC) on Netflix with my brother earlier and the 2nd season was really good.

I think it was more exciting than the first season even.  

The last episode was sort of a mess though and it's screwed up that they canceled the show.

Edited by visionary

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the first episode of Strain on FX today, and it was pretty good, although it started out a little slow.

I also saw the first four episodes of The Bridge (also on FX) from last season and I really like it so far.

I just finished season 1 of The Bridge and it was amazing.

Edited by visionary

Definite score on Ray Donovan.  Just finished the first episode of Season 1 and looking forward to the rest.  Liev Schreiber is a very enjoyable actor, his bio is a hoot to read as well. His mom was something else.  

This thread has been money.

I am a big fan of the show! Season 2 started last week….the first episode was good

Falling Skies  got renewed for a 5th and final season next year.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/tnt-renews-falling-skies-and-the-last-ship/

Thats cool.  But as a fan, I'm sitting here like WTF this season lol.  

Rescue Me - Mr. Sinister mentioned it, so he gets the credit.  I just finished all 7 seasons and it is ****ing awesome.  I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1

Thats cool.  But as a fan, I'm sitting here like WTF this season lol.  

Rescue Me - Mr. Sinister mentioned it, so he gets the credit.  I just finished all 7 seasons and it is ****ing awesome.  I highly recommend it to anyone.

Yeah Falling Skies is kinda dying on me. I liked when it was just the small group of resistance fighters taking on aliens. Now you got all this magic power crap and it's just lame. I'm still watching though, and if next year is the final season I guess I'll follow through. It comes on right after The Last Ship(which is pretty good)and right before Last Week Tonight so it works out.

Yeah Falling Skies is kinda dying on me. I liked when it was just the small group of resistance fighters taking on aliens. Now you got all this magic power crap and it's just lame. I'm still watching though, and if next year is the final season I guess I'll follow through. It comes on right after The Last Ship(which is pretty good)and right before Last Week Tonight so it works out.

Same here, I've invested enough time into the show, so not finishing it would be a waste.  I've got all the Last Ships recorded, gonna give it a shot.  Cheesy as it may sound, I started watching Teen Wolf (it's on Amazon Prime) and I like it.  It takes some elements from the movie and has a Supernatural feel to it as there are hunters.  Plus its violent, not a comedy like the movie.  

It by no means is the best show out there, but for me, good enough to watch, especially when I'm playing PS4/PC games.

• 5 weeks later...

Finished binge-watching House of Cards on Netflix last night. Great series. I kinda wish it was on HBO so they could delve a little deeper into some of the darker breadcrumbs they drop on character development. LOVE how they'll occasionally have Frank break the 4th wall & directly address the audience. It's a storytelling twist that really helps the show to stand out.

The Strain, on FX. straight from the mind of Guillermo Del Toro. Seems to be centered around an "Infection" which is really a vampiric harvest taking place on the streets of NYC, engineered by some kind of undead force that seems to be the leader, and carried out by his subordinates. The only guy who seems to have a handle on what is going on, works as a doctor for some kind of disease control-ish lab for the cdc, and had one of them come back to life and try to kill him, so now he's teamed up with this creepy, old testament Vampire hunter, who has been tracking the source.

The pilot was the talk of the town, but I missed it. I've been watching ever since, and its pretty good. A little slow in some parts, but it's really picked up the last 2 weeks. The **** hits the fan though tonight, so you should probably start watching  :)

Catch the first few episodes on On Demand later.

The Last Ship is pretty good as well, but i kiind of slacked off after The Strain debuted. One day this week, I am going to On Demand the last 4 weeks or so.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Strain started out good, but then in my opinion got really dumb/ridiculous and kind of boring for a bit and now has picked up again.  

Not crazy about some of the main characters and actors (CDC folks...families) but the horror element and action is pretty good.

Also the old guys are great as is their back-story.  

Saw the first episode of Strain on FX today, and it was pretty good, although it started out a little slow.

I also saw the first four episodes of The Bridge (also on FX) from last season and I really like it so far.

Oh, didn't realize you already covered it, my bad. Yeah it did get a little weird. I came close to abandoning the series, but the last two episodes have been top notch.

Lets hope it continues. Sean Astin's character is pretty annoying. I'm expecting him to die any day now though... 

Edited by Mr. Sinister