Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

American Horror Story has been bogus this season. Just plain uninteresting.

It started out so good with that crazy ass clown, then it got dull really fast when he died..........I never thought I'd utter the words, "I wish the crazy ass psycho killer clown was alive and still on the show."

Just discovered & binge watched Banshee.

Got distracted trying to binge Marco Polo so I need to restart it eventually. Jumbo keeps yelling at me to watch Lillyhammer but I want to finish Salem first.

Banshee...........its one of the favs on now.  Lillyhammer, I watched the first season and it was awesome, second season I need to watch, but with all the sub-titles, you have to read to watch and I haven't had the time to focus on reading/watching lol.  Great show though.  

I just put Salem in the queue.  Looks really good.  Watched a few episodes of marco polo and it was pretty sweet, but like you said, I need to focus more on it, restart it, cause its been background noise while I game on my PS4 or Xbox.  

It started out so good with that crazy ass clown, then it got dull really fast when he died..........I never thought I'd utter the words, "I wish the crazy ass psycho killer clown was alive and still on the show."

I think every season of American Horror Story has been worst than the season before. First season was very good, second season was just good, third season was terrible. I haven't seen this current one since it's not on Netlfix yet, but I'm not looking forward to it. 

Recently I watched the full series of Leverage, not great television but it was entertaining. Now I'm watching Dexter, my friend recommended it, about four episodes in and it isn't really drawing me in yet. My standards are so high now...I guess Breaking Bad has ruined me. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

I think every season of American Horror Story has been worst than the season before. First season was very good, second season was just good, third season was terrible. I haven't seen this current one since it's not on Netlfix yet, but I'm not looking forward to it. 

Recently I watched the full series of Leverage, not great television but it was entertaining. Now I'm watching Dexter, my friend recommended it, about four episodes in and it isn't really drawing me in yet. My standards are so high now...I guess Breaking Bad has ruined me. 

Breaking Bad will ruin anyone.........never hold other shows to that standard.   But Dexter is great overall, though a tad unbelievable later on, but I'd recommend it to anyone cause it really was a great show.

Any news on Orange Is The New Black?

Season 3 is supposed to come out this summer.  Love that show man, the season 2 finale made me laugh.

• Like 1

Doing the same thing as TK with Banshee, having lost tracks after the first few episodes on the first seasons. Love a great badass character. One aspect reminds me of most Mel Gibson movies---dude appears to enjoy doing scenes where he's severely beaten or tortured. Just getting to season two. I still haven't watched the Americans since it's first two episodes and I see NBC appears to be doing a clone of it this year.

Watched 12 Monkeys today, thought it was legit.  I loved the original movie, and it looks like they nailed it so far.  I'm eagerly waiting for episode 2 next Friday (had I known that DTV was going to offer episode 2 on demand only last night after the 1st episode until midnight, I'd have watched it last night lol).

Man, I'm sure I'm repeating myself, but if you've never caught Peep Show on HULU you HAVE to. Trust me. 

Runners up on Hulu in order of my preference that are similar wacky (but these are still funny to most everyone) British comedy vein:

The Green Wing

Whites

Black Books

I've been watching Eastbound and Down for a while now. Only have a few more episodes left.

Kenny ****ing Powers is one of the funniest characters of the past decade. Definitely recommend watching it

. KP baby! My best discovery of '14. Me and my buddies missed it somehow. Quotes from the show have littered our conversation for months now. Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 2

I've been watching Eastbound and Down for a while now. Only have a few more episodes left.

Kenny ****ing Powers is one of the funniest characters of the past decade. Definitely recommend watching it

Show is fantastic man, laugh riot imo.  One of my friends, her childhood friend was one of the writers on the show, grew up in the mountain/foothill area of NC (where I'm from, though different than him) and the fact that it takes place in Shelby, NC (KP's hometown in the show) and the one season at Myrtle Beach, SC is hilarious to me lol.

They nailed the "redneck" in that aspect of the show lol.  Show produces some of the best quotes imo.

"Just a man with a mind for victory and an arm like a ****ing cannon."

"I've been blessed with many things in life, arm like a damn rocket, a **** like a burmese python and the mind of a ****ing scientist."

Man, I'm sure I'm repeating myself, but if you've never caught Peep Show on HULU you HAVE to. Trust me. 

Runners up on Hulu in order of my preference that are similar wacky (but these are still funny to most everyone) British comedy vein:

The Green Wing

Whites

Black Books

I'd heard about Peep Show from a friend a few years back and watched the first episode, but I don't remember it really catching me at all. Does it pick up later on?

The Green Wing

Whites

Black Books

peep show is on netflix, also

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...