Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

almost done with season 1.  This is such a beautiful show.  21st century, real world family drama like I've never seen on television before.  Fantastic series.  highly recommend checking this out.

Please watch this show guys.  Please.

i can't play this at work... but from the screen shot Jeffrey Tambor looks much better in a lacy black bra than i would've expected :)

Black Sails is very good.  I watched last season and was sad the season was so short.  It is probably a very expensive show to shoot without knowing if it will succeed.  I'm glad it's back, and I'm a little surprised so few people have seen it.

My 13 year old daughter LOVES the show, so i have seen every one, and i like it... but i wish that they were more patient. 

Gordon, Harvey and Gotham are (and should be) the stars of the show.... but they just can't resist throwing EVERY future villain into the first season.  They don;t need to do that!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Fox has given X-Files a 6 episode order for a limited run to be filmed this summer.  Air date not determined yet.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_truth_is_still_out_there_x-files_revived_for_6-episode_limited_series-2015-03

If it's done right (see Sherlock or almost any limited run BBC series), it could be fantastic.  They need Mitch Pileggi to sign on though and maybe have the Lone Gunmen show up in an episode.

The CSM is dead (in the show, right?). Or was it just faked..really drawing a blank on that. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

If it's done right (see Sherlock or almost any limited run BBC series), it could be fantastic.  They need Mitch Pileggi to sign on though and maybe have the Lone Gunmen show up in an episode.

The CSM is dead (in the show, right?). Or was it just faked..really drawing a blank on that. 

Isn't the actor dead?  The Lone Gunmen are dead.  They sacrificed themselves and were killed off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching Z Nation on Netflix. Damn that's some speedy ass zombies!!

Show is great.  Gotta go into it with a silly Zombie mind lol.  

I watched the first season of Bloodline on Netflix (an exclusive).  It was really good.  Great story, acting, nice twist at the end of the first season.  

After living in London, some british shows I highly recommend are "Broadchurch" and "Black Mirror." Both absolutely fantastic, and both currently on Netflix. "Black Mirror" especially, is the one that stood out to me. Best description I can provide is that it echoes a current day twilight zone. 

Edited by shakinaiken

Secrets and Lies is pretty funny. Ryan Phillipe is a suspect in the murder of a neighborhood boy. He has a decent amount of evidence against him but it appears somebody is screwing with him and that he is actually innocent. There are several twists and turns as you might expect and I really just hope the murder will actually be solved by the end.

Why it's funny is mainly because of Ryan Phillipe. The character's middle name might as well be "Jump to ****ing Conclusions" he takes one shred of information and runs a crusade with it and it always blows up in his face and makes him look like an idiot. He's been burned several times and keeps coming back for more. He's a real trooper. Anyway, if you don't have anything to do...

Also, the Following. I can't quit it but good grief this showings beyond ridiculous.

Every single episode for 3 straight seasons pretty much involved the suspect barely slipping through the FBI's fingers as they stumble onto yet another murder scene.

I like Kevin Bacon a lot but I hope this is the last season(3). Joe Carroll is the real star of the show, even though he is a sicko, his chracter is just so well acted and charming and funny I can't help but like him. He is great to watch in between seeing Bacon and the FBI (and pretty much every other non-evil character) do everything as mind numbingly stupid as possible.

For example, we just had an on foot chase of two murderers, one was shot in the shoulder and couldn't escape. He is probably the only link to a much much larger murdering mastermind. He's trapped in a dead end with Bacon behind him. He comes at Bacon with a knife....and he gets shot about 6 times in the chest for instant death instead of the leg or anything else to slow him down and bring him in alive. It's just comical how stupid the cops are portrayed in this show.

Yet I still watch...

I still dont get how you people watch all these shows at the same time. I can't commit to more than 2 at a time

I DVR like an animal.  It's a lot to keep up with though.  And there are times a few shows start to pile up, then a binge watching session is required.  Heck, sometimes I have to rewatch episodes I've already watched due to the time elapsed between the last time I watched it as it piled up.

that opening montage/theme is pure heaven!

(but.. where the hell is the polynisians in a big-ass canoe part???)

the "unsaid lyrics" that i always remembered were:  (sung to the theme song)

Hawaii-five-O-theme song......

Hawaii-five-0 theme......

Hawaii-five-O-theme SONG......

Hawaii-five-0 THEME......

Polynesians in a big ass canoe.....

Polynesians rowing straight out to you.....

Hawaii-five-O-theme song......

Hawaii-five-0 THEEEEMMMEEEE......

but the outrigger canoe scene that i have seared in my memory is nowhere to be found in the opening montage... wtf?? why do i remember it so clearly (and so do others, since the fake lyrics circulated in the pre-internet days) ... but i am not seeing it??

did the big ass canoe only show up in later seasons??? (i am still in season one)

that opening montage/theme is pure heaven!

(but.. where the hell is the polynisians in a big-ass canoe part???)

Closing credits.

Also awesome, the big curl on the commercial breaks which are the only commercial breaks in existence that I'm glad they keep on a commercial free showing.

That theme makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck similar to what I feel listening to old Priest.  Utterly awesome.

Edited by KAOSkins