Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I checked out Extant and after a slow start I was impressed with season 1.  Halle Berry with short hair is always a good thing.  Then we get to season 2.  Wow, what a colossal fail. It turned from a fairly serious, grounded show about some interesting scfi themes into a sort of bounty hunter of future thriller with major characters doing 180's or disappearing entirely and new ones added.  The Gov from WD is actually a decent addition but he would've been in the old show too.  And Halle has long hair now.  

Mr. Robot has been fantastic and I would hope someone would recognize Remi Malek for the work he has done so far on that show

And now for a spoilerish??? question...

Is Christian Slater's character imaginary? I notice that no one else seems to interact with him or be effected by him. Just Elliot.

• Like 1

Mr. Robot has been fantastic and I would hope someone would recognize Remi Malek for the work he has done so far on that show

And now for a spoilerish??? question...

Is Christian Slater's character imaginary? I notice that no one else seems to interact with him or be effected by him. Just Elliot.

I think so. I noticed that last episode and went back and watched the other episodes. Nobody talks to him or directly responds to him.

if he's not imaginary, I'm not sure what else it could be.

Mr. Robot & Humans are my favorite new shows this season

Edited by StillUnknown

Well I guess that was that on Mr Robot.

Christian Slater's character actually interacted with quite a few people this show..and they all saw him. So unless Elliot is so far gone that he is imaging even that - which is possible - it looks like Slater's character isn't imaginary.

I'mt not so sure

I'm thinking that Elliot & Mr. Robot are the same person. In those scenes that they interacted with Mr. Robot, Elliot was basically ignored or wasn't a factor at all.

Mr. Robot could be Elliot looking at himself from a "outsiders" point of a view at times

Edited by StillUnknown

I'mt not so sure

I'm thinking that Elliot & Mr. Robot are the same person. In those scenes that they interacted with Mr. Robot, Elliot was basically ignored or wasn't a factor at all.

Mr. Robot could be Elliot looking at himself from a "outsiders" point of a view at times

Maybe. But...

Slater/Mr. Robot did interact with people at the coffee house. Also..other team members of fsociety actually interacted with him too. That is going to be hard to justify if he is not real.

Maybe. But...

Slater/Mr. Robot did interact with people at the coffee house. Also..other team members of fsociety actually interacted with him too. That is going to be hard to justify if he is not real.

Even during that scene Elliot wasn't around. I haven't seen anybody have simultaneous conversation with Elliot & Mr. Robot

I'm usually slow to pick things up like this, but it still feels they are one and the same to me

Started American Horror story several weeks back. I am about to wrap-up the second season. Good stuff. 

I think the first two were amazing...season 3 was entertaining but inconsistent and kind of all over the place and season 4 was well acted (some great one on one scenes and some pretty cool/creepy characters) but kind of went off the rails near the end.

I was watching the preview for the upcoming show The **** Executioner and thinking it looked interesting.

Then I looked it up on IMDB and saw that Kurt Sutter and his wife are in it....

Well, seeing as how I like my **** it goes to figure I wouldn't like a show with Katey Segal and Otto executing it.  

Edited by KAOSkins

UnReal on Lifetime:

150307-unreal.jpg

I daresay Lifetime (a network described by a feminist blog commenter I read once as "television for victims") is looking to expand its viewership if efforts like this are any indication.  There is one episode left.  I'm pretty sure the season is available on demand for a binge watch. 

I give this a B- in the most honest assessment.  

velocet

"Narcos" is coming out on Netflix at the end of the month. 

NARCOS is the true story of the U.S. and Colombian efforts to battle the Medellin cartel during the cocaine-fueled drug wars of the 1980's. Multi-layered and multi-faceted, NARCOS depicts a brutal world where lines are blurred and little is black and white. The Netflix original series, starring Wagner Moura, Boyd Holbrook, and Pedro Pascal, premieres August 28, 2015.

Looks fantastic!

Anybody seen this show called Ascension? It's on Netflix... Seems to be highly rated, and im teetering on whether or not to give it a go.

I think it was on Sy-Fy...last year?  Not sure.  If that's the same one, it was entertaining, but kind of unbelievable.  

Edited by visionary

I've been watching Hell on Wheels since it first started. It's kept me interested. Season 5 now for anyone looking for some shows that are pretty good, but they may not have heard of. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1699748/

Yeah Hell on Wheels is le-****in-git. Best Western series since Deadwood

I think it was on Sy-Fy...last year?  Not sure.  If that's the same one, it was entertaining, but kind of unbelievable.  

I'm a JJ Abrams guy, so I can do unbelievable, as long as it's good, and not campy

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Anybody watch Outlander? I realize I am late to liking the show, but I am just over halfway through the season, and it has been fun.

I'm on board. Been watching the show real time, Season 2 went off a few months ago.

Wife and I both love it.

Anybody seen this show called Ascension? It's on Netflix... Seems to be highly rated, and im teetering on whether or not to give it a go.

Yeah, I enjoyed it.  Only 3 episodes, so even if you don't like it, you didn't waste much time, just six hours.  But I thought it was original and pretty cool.  Was hoping it catches on and they boot up a full time series, but just read they stated they would not pursue.

Yep, that's the one.  I thought it was believable, won't elaborate cause I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it.