Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Yeah I didn't catch every episode, but from shat I saw, I liked it. Doesnt seem to have a lot of staying power though

Yes - Last Ship was good and entertaining...I agree though - it will be hard to carry out the story for several seasons.

Edited by Enforcer_FFX

I recently have been watching An Idiot Abroad on Netflix. It's a reality show produced by Ricky Gervais where he sends a really close minded, idiot friend of his to really remote places. It's absolutely hilarious.

Love Karl Pilkington!  I have Season 1 on my DVR and will go back to some of those episodes on occasion. Great stuff.

Check out his Moaning of Life also. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHmgqcDGRXI

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying Hell On Wheels. Been looking for a good Western series since Deadwood. Currently on ep 6 of Season 1.

The Strain is starting to lose me, but the have to be pretty close to the finale, so I will see it through to the end. The story is moving along at a snails pace.

Too much where right now, and not enough what who and why. Too many corny direct to video-esque character responses to various situations.

You really trying to tell me that a gas station clerk is going to ignore a whorde of vampires outside his store and hassle a dude for looting, on top of locking himself in the booth when they cut the power? Really? That was insulting.

Guillermo... I am disappoint. The Poland flashbacks are the best part of the show right now.

I got into Hell on Wheels earlier this year.  It's turned out to be a really good western, imo.  I finally got current before this new season kicked off a few weeks ago.  With the main story line being the building and advancement of the railroad, they did a great job mixing in the smaller sub-stories with the key characters.

I think I'm done with The Leftovers.  I have the last four episodes on the DVR to watch, but I'm just not that into it.  Hell, I started one last night and turned it off 10 mins into it and watched Stargate SG1 episodes, which I've seen the entire series twice (for the most part) already.  

I think I'm done with The Leftovers.  I have the last four episodes on the DVR to watch, but I'm just not that into it.  Hell, I started one last night and turned it off 10 mins into it and watched Stargate SG1 episodes, which I've seen the entire series twice (for the most part) already.  

I haven't watched the finale yet, but I've heard many folks were disappointed.  :(

its so friggin' dark and depressing.  Well acted, and interesting story...but man just throw us a bone already.  Was it indeed the rapture?  Will they ever come back?  Will Nora ever show us her boobs?

For me here is my current list:

The Strain - I am actually loving this. There are some corney moments but all in all in has me hooked. I figured there would be more about the dudes who came and saved the nanny, but not yet. The master looks pretty sick, but they remind me of Blade 3 vampires. All in all I am curious as to where it goes.

The last ship - This is actually pretty good, I was unsure when I started watching it, but it seems to have Navy backing. The last episode I saw...wow, what a twist. It could be interesting on where things go. Such a moral dilemma for the Captain.

Falling Skies - At times it can get tedious, but its still very good. Sad that there is only one season left and So many unanswered questions. I think that they are going to rush things the last season.

Extant - I was excited at first, Halley Berry doing a TV series, then I started watching it and felt it was going down hill fast. I powered through the first several bad episodes and now I am hooked. This one has come roaring back, at least for me.

The Flash - I caught most of the first episode last night, sounds like it could be pretty awesome. They even had a cameo of Arrow in it.

The Nation Z (I think that's what it is called) - not sure about this one. Looks a bit on the corny side, but its a zombie show so I will at least give it a chance.

For me here is my current list:

The Strain - I am actually loving this. There are some corney moments but all in all in has me hooked. I figured there would be more about the dudes who came and saved the nanny, but not yet. The master looks pretty sick, but they remind me of Blade 3 vampires. All in all I am curious as to where it goes.

Never saw Blade 3, but Del Toro directed Blade 2, which is where I noticed a lot of similarities in the manner/appearance of the vampires and how they attack.

Dunno man, they'll have a good sequence like the initial gas station standoff, and discovery of Sam's infection, then they'll follow it up with some ridiculous plea to have him come along even though his body is clearly infested (when they hold up the uv light), and they already saw how quickly people can turn when they were attacked at the cdc.

It's not even dramatic enough for me to feel sympathy. I could see if it was a son/daughter, or a mother/father or something, but it was Sam's punk ass that helped sparked the outbreak, playing both sides in the first place. So he should have already been on thin ice. So then they're just going to let him turn and suffer? Wtf. That whole scene, along with the clerk, caused them to lose several cool points.

I agree about the Anti vampire group that saved the nanny. That was way too much badass to drop it right there, and not further explore. I mean they're all clearly vampires. Homeboy looked freaky as hell, and the rest of them were in riot gear and helmets, to protect their skin.

The plot just seems like a slow moving jumbled mess at times (though I admit, it has many moments of awesomeness) and there is not enough good dialogue to keep the viewer satisfied imo.

I was getting into Strain despite the annoying stupidity of the characters, but the last episode was pretty bad I thought.  

The kid is awful, lol.   And the hacker seems to get worse every episode she's in.

And it really bugs me that somehow the vampires always get someone when they attack them, even if it's just a scratch or something and yet somehow they either miss completely when confronted by someone important or they just don't bother to try to bite them at all. 

There are so many issues with the show (acting, writing, people behaving in ways that make no sense, ridiculous coincidences...etc), but the action and the flashback stuff is usually good.

I've noticed some people watch it mainly as a MST3K type show to laugh at it.  

I've only seen the first episode of The Leftovers, but it looked good.

I hope they at least reveal some things this season that were hinted at though.

I've been watching a lot of Always Sunny in Philly with my brother.

I just started watching it a week ago or two and we're mostly done with season 3 now.

Pretty funny show, although sometimes the yelling gets annoying.

The Bridge is good of course, and the second season picked up the past few episodes.

I still think the first season was better, but last week's ending was pretty wild.

Edited by visionary

10518603_685540651533493_839726070895655

The boys are back and I couldn't be happier about it.

If you've never taken the time to watch them or you didn't know that they were resurrected, I'd recommend getting started. Canada's greatest treasure. 8 going on 9 seasons, 4 movies, 3 specials, 3 live stage tours. One of the richest universes in all of television comedy.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy
  • Like 1

Just watched episode three of The Leftovers.  I really liked episode two and this episode was weird, but really interesting.

There were some pretty good scenes in the episode too, though it was slow at times.

I wasn't sure about it until the end though, wow.  Quite the twist.  

The boys are back and I couldn't be happier about it.

If you've never taken the time to watch them or you didn't know that they were resurrected, I'd recommend getting started. Canada's greatest treasure. 8 going on 9 seasons, 4 movies, 3 specials, 3 live stage tours. One of the richest universes in all of television comedy.

Thanks for posting, somehow missed that the new season's out. May have to mix up some swish this weekend and catch up.

The Blacklist with James Spader is out on Netflix now and it's pretty good.  I've always enjoyed Spader and his dry delivery. Not a BB quality show but well done and, at least so far, it seems to be well written with interesting story lines.  More episode based than a lot of the serials that are popular lately.  Kind of reminds me of Person of Interest in a way.