Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Just rewatched all episodes of The IT Crowd. If you like British humor, I highly recommend it. Hilarious.

Love that show man. I gotta watch the rest of the episodes on Netflix.

Speaking of comedies, now that Community is gone, I need another comedy. Can anybody recommend some good ones?

I watched "the last ship" on TNT last night. I liked it. Will check it out next week for sure.

It was bad huh? The wife and I were cracking up when we weren't suppose to.

And how much research is needed to know that the Naval Station Norfolk doesn't have mountains in the background? Or that it's pronounced Nor-fuhk and Nor-folllkah?

Grr...plus, cmon, an actual Commander is the CO of that ship? Really?

It was bad huh? The wife and I were cracking up when we weren't suppose to.

And how much research is needed to know that the Naval Station Norfolk doesn't have mountains in the background? Or that it's pronounced Nor-fuhk and Nor-folllkah?

Grr...plus, cmon, an actual Commander is the CO of that ship? Really?

Concur it was pretty lame, I was laughing too. Helicopter attack deep into the Artic? Where did they come from? If the ship is in range of helicopters they're certainly in range of other equipment a whole lot more dangerous. EMP knocking out a warship? Jeez if our ships are that vulnerable we really don't have an effective navy. I guess the boarding crew was lucky that the Queen Mary didn't capsize forcing them to work their way to the bottom of the ship. You got the mountains. Radio silence doesn't mean you can't hear what is going on (and no ship is going to shut down passive sensors under some obscure operational condition).

Edited by nonniey

Concur it was pretty lame, I was laughing too. Helicopter attack deep into the Artic? Where did they come from? If the ship is in range of helicopters they're certainly in range of other equipment a whole lot more dangerous. EMP knocking out a warship? Jeez if our ships are that vulnerable we really don't have an effective navy. I guess the boarding crew was lucky that the Queen Mary didn't capsize forcing them to work their way to the bottom of the ship. You got the mountains. Radio silence doesn't mean you can't hear what is going on (and no ship is going to shut down passive sensors under some obscure operational condition).

I mean, why spend all those $'s on the show and miss easy to spot things like that? Seemed lazy and/or rushed, to me. Which is too bad, because the story/show could be solid.

Continuum is a fun show ut I have my doubts where this season has turned the show. I'm hoping the finale makes up for some of the eps this year.

Plus, Rachel Nichols is easy on the eyes.

This season had me doubtful as well, seemed to lack direction. The last few episodes corrected that and the finale ends well, leaves a good cliffhanger, and I like the direction they seem to be headed in now.....

and Rachel Nichols :D

Edited by elkabong82

This season had me doubtful as well, seemed to lack direction. The last few episodes corrected that and the finale ends well, leaves a good cliffhanger, and I like the direction they seem to be headed in now.....

and Rachel Nichols :D

The only thing is will it get renewed for another season.  I hope it does, I've enjoyed the show.

The only thing is will it get renewed for another season.  I hope it does, I've enjoyed the show.

Me too. Between that and Lost Girl, it makes me wish I got the Canadian channel Showcase.

Rachel Nichols and Ksenia Solo.

:)

Edited by The Evil Genius

Me too. They've already started laying stuff down for season 4 in advance of renew/cancel notice so hopefully that's because they like their chances. The creator has said the show has a 7-10 season story arc. I don't see it doing a full 10, but if they get renewed I think season 4 is going to be awesome with the story direction they are going based on the finale (don't want to say anything more to avoid spoilers) and if it is I could see the show going 8 seasons to wrap up.

If Haven can get 5-6 seasons..then I hope Continuum can get at least that many. Although SyFy has been known to pull the plug too early on shows (Dresden Files, Farscape, Alphas, Eureka, SGU, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary to name a few).

Don't get me wrong..I like Haven but the writing on it is horrid and the acting is mostly subpar. Hell, the show picks up when Edge is around. :P

Lost Girl, Continuum aren't SyFy shows. Showcase makes them.  SyFy picked up the U.S. rights to air the shows.  So, those shows fate may not depend on what SyFy does.

As for the SyFy shows that they actually make, rarely do they have scripted series go beyond 4-5 seasons.  I fully expect the upcoming supersized Season 5 of Haven to be it's last.  26 episodes it basically like 2 seasons for a cable show.

Speaking of Dresden Files, you know the guy who plays Dectective Lance in Arrow was Harry Dresden.

Lost Girl, Continuum aren't SyFy shows. Showcase makes them.  SyFy picked up the U.S. rights to air the shows.  So, those shows fate may not depend on what SyFy does.

As for the SyFy shows that they actually make, rarely do they have scripted series go beyond 4-5 seasons.  I fully expect the upcoming supersized Season 5 of Haven to be it's last.  26 episodes it basically like 2 seasons for a cable show.

Speaking of Dresden Files, you know the guy who plays Dectective Lance in Arrow was Harry Dresden.

Yeah, I'm familiar with Showcase (wish we had in the States as an option). I think SyFy picking those 2 shows up is what probably is keeping them going though...although I'm not sure how much SyFy pays for them.

As for Paul Blackthorne, I didn't realize he was British until I heard him on another show that the misses was watching. Totally freaked me out. Now, it's all I hear when he tries to be an American in Arrow. 

I know it was canon, but I liked the tv version of the Dresden Files. Too bad SyFy gave up on it..although back then they dropped a lot of shows fast.

Anybody interested in HBO's new show "The Leftovers?"  About the aftermath of the rapture. 

Looks pretty interesting to me, I'll definitely give it a chance.  HBO doesn't put out bad series very often.

Yeah, I saw that preview during true blood.  It looks interesting, definitely going to give it a shot.  Did some of the people come back or those peeps in white Angels?  

• Like 1

I just started watching that new show Power on Starz, they are three episodes deep now, fourth airs Sat. night.  All should be on-demand.  It's pretty cool so far, drug dealing ****, money laundering, etc.  

yup, I'm diggin' it.  the wife of the black dude is ratchet as hell. 

• Like 1

Apparently a screeners copy of the first episode of the new Flash show has leaked online.

It has an alleged serious spoiler in the pilot episode's final scene.

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled (although I don't think it's as big of a spoiler as people are claiming).

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/styles/blog_post_in_content_image/public/flash-crisis.jpg?itok=zd_PGAP_