Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Two off the beaten path:

1.  Fargo (FX) - although its over look for it on re-runs/Netflix.  Based on a true story, bunch of surprising gory murders.  Billy Bob Thornton is great.

2.  Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) - about an early 1980s dash to create a competitor for the IBM PC.  Good computer stuff and good plot lines.  I think its on about episode 5 on Sundays at 10:00.

Apparently a screeners copy of the first episode of the new Flash show has leaked online.

It has an alleged serious spoiler in the pilot episode's final scene.

Considering there is more than one episode, I don't take that alleged spoiler to seriously.  Maybe it's something to build hype for Episode 2.

yup, I'm diggin' it.  the wife of the black dude is ratchet as hell. 

Yeah, Ghost better chill with that ****, ****es and baby mama drama are bad for business.  Tasha is A+ for sure, the other gal he grew up with, A.  

And buddy better watch out peeping on Ghost's wife, I have a feeling he's gonna get got at some point and his dad get out of jail and figure out Ghost/Tommy off'd him.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

It's what it is, but anyone like "Last Ship (the oft-hated Micheal Bay project)?

It's directly half-ripped from Last Resort  (nuke sub show--cancelled after first season) and directly half ripped from the one (still on) where Hiroyuki Sanada &n co. cook up a "maniac" virus in the Arctic lab (forgot the name already--oh, yeah, "Helix").

Kinda lightweight, but I'm ok with it so far. Of course I like anything with Rhona Mitra.

What about Dominion? I love The Prophecy and Legion was ok for as a popcorn flick, but I turned Dominion off after the first ten minutes because of the poor special effects and an immediate failure to interest me at all. Some folks tell me I need to give it another go.

It's what it is, but anyone like "Last Ship (the oft-hated Micheal Bay project)?

It's directly half-ripped from Last Resort  (nuke sub show--cancelled after first season) and directly half ripped from the one (still on) where Hiroyuki Sanada &n co. cook up a "maniac" virus in the Arctic lab (forgot the name already--oh, yeah, "Helix").

Kinda lightweight, but I'm ok with it so far. Of course I like anything with Rhona Mitra.

What about Dominion? I love The Prophecy and Legion was ok for as a popcorn flick, but I turned Dominion off after the first ten minutes because of the poor special effects and an immediate failure to interest me at all. Some folks tell me I need to give it another go.

I've liked Dominion so far. I thought it was cool, though the plot is a little weird.  I didn't go into it expecting much though. (never saw Legion)

(I definitely liked it more than Spartacus which I tried watching last week and was totally turned off by.)

Tyrant is good so far, though I felt the second episode was lacking (intensity maybe) something compared to the first.

I liked the first episode of Last Ship, but I wasn't particularly intrigued enough to watch episode 2 yet.  

(Still have it sitting in my dvr so far)

There is only one season so far but Ray Donovan is a great show. My brother-n-law owns a mortgage company in San Diego. I keep telling him I am going to move there and he will hire me to be his "Ray Donovan", or else...

• Like 1

There is only one season so far but Ray Donovan is a great show. My brother-n-law owns a mortgage company in San Diego. I keep telling him I am going to move there and he will hire me to be his "Ray Donovan", or else...

probably one of the best shows on television right now.  Liev is such a boss.  And the dude from Scarface as his sidekick kicks ass as well.  season 2 starts up in a few weeks.

RIP Californication, series finale this past Sunday.  Hank Moody (David Duchovny) was such a piece of **** LOL.

Edited by Chew

probably one of the best shows on television right now.  Liev is such a boss.  And the dude from Scarface as his sidekick kicks ass as well.  season 2 starts up in a few weeks.

RIP Californication, series finale this past Sunday.  Hank Moody (David Duchovny) was such a piece of **** LOL.

Agreed. Those have been my two favorite shows since the end of Dexter.

punching n ****ing

Yeah, Hank was such a self-centered douche, with his life on a constant loop of ****-ups/mistakes.  I thought the ending was ok, better than the series finale of Weeds, which was disappointing to me.  Gotta give them credit, they stayed true to the theme/story the entire show has been about.  

• Like 1

Watched The Leftovers on HBO.  Pretty cool, interesting.  I'm wondering about the people in white though.  Without spoiling anything for those that haven't watched it yet, I think its off to a good start, definitely going to tune in every Sunday and give it a shot.  

Did I miss something or did they completely neglect to explain why Liv Tyler's character did what she did at the end of the episode?

Also, its a very intriguing show and I love some of the cast(Theroux, Eccelston, Dowd, etc) but I normally end up hating anything Lindelof writes about halfway through the story so I'm being very cautious about getting into this show.

In other news, for comedy fans...

Nathan For You made its return to Comedy Central last night. In short, the premise is he's someone who comes in to help real businesses improve sales or bring in customers by getting them to go along with extremely absurd ideas. I don't always enjoy awkward conversation cringeworthy humor, but between the earnestness of the people he finds, along with his intentionally low energy that he sells himself with, this has become one of my favorite shows on the network.

http://www.cc.com/episodes/a3m66c/nathan-for-you-mechanic-realtor-season-2-ep-201

Highlights from the season opener, though it doesn't include his interactions with the man administering the polygraph test, which I thought was the best part of the episode.

Did I miss something or did they completely neglect to explain why Liv Tyler's character did what she did at the end of the episode?

Also, its a very intriguing show and I love some of the cast(Theroux, Eccelston, Dowd, etc) but I normally end up hating anything Lindelof writes about halfway through the story so I'm being very cautious about getting into this show.

Not that I caught.  She went all ape **** on the chick in white following them and standing there.  One thing that is confusing to me is I swore the police chief's wife was one of the 2% taken, but she's also with the people in white.  Did I miss something on that?  Are the people in white those that were taken and somehow returned?

Or are they just a cult and left behind like everyone else?

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Watched The Leftovers on HBO.  Pretty cool, interesting.  I'm wondering about the people in white though.  Without spoiling anything for those that haven't watched it yet, I think its off to a good start, definitely going to tune in every Sunday and give it a shot.  

I watched it. I will definitely watch the next episode. I think it has potential to be good

Nice!  Glad we figured out that there is no season six or you might still be waiting! :)

Lol I would've figured it out soon enough. I was growing impatient because it had been like a year since the last season. Man so many twists and turns, and "Oh ****s".

Been awhile since I've done that much fist pumping and pillow throwing over a show. Probably been since the Rescue Me days. Long live Walter White, aka "Heisenberg"

The chemistry Cranston and Paul had was magical. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Lol I would've figured it out soon enough. I was growing impatient because it had been like a year since the last season. Man so many twists and turns, and "Oh ****s".

Been awhile since I've done that much fist pumping and pillow throwing over a show. Probably been since the Rescue Me days. Long live Walter White, aka "Heisenberg"

The chemistry Cranston and Paul had was magical. 

Is Rescue Me that good? I've never watched an episode, but people keep talking about it.

Is Rescue Me that good? I've never watched an episode, but people keep talking about it.

Not as consistent. But it was damn good, and had a ton of swerves that you never saw coming. Great blend of misery/dark gritty material, comedy, and intense action. Every episode was a little different in what it brought from each genre though.

Some episodes were pretty tough to watch

Edited by Mr. Sinister