Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Anyone know if Halt And Catch Fire is any good?

Some of my friends work on that show, but unfortunately it's a little flat.  Can't quite put my finger on it, the actors are all very capable, but I think the writing is a bit off.  I do know the ratings have been poor.

I was hoping it would have a good run so that my pals could keep getting paid.  I'll keep watching, maybe it'll hit its stride.

The whole thing is on Netflix now.  There is no sixth season.  The fifth season is part a and b.  But netflix just calls it the fifth season.

Nice catch!  It would be a shame to miss the greatest show ever due to such a small detail. :)

Load Breaking Bad up and strap in brother.  Other shows don't even come close (except the Sopranos).  High octane, thrill ride.

Anyone know if Halt And Catch Fire is any good?

It's ok.  The music they choose from the early 80's is pretty good.  I think the actors are pretty good, but somethings lacking so far.  I think it's got some big shoes to fill with Mad Men and Breaking Bad being on that same network as well as Walking Dead...I've watched three episodes and haven't been totally impressed but not completely bored either.  It better start going somewhere soon though.

Fargo and Louie are both over. :(

I think I might start watching The Americans.

I love The Americans.  Doesn't get much more fun than that show, IMO.  

Jealous of anyone watching Breaking Bad for the first time, too.  

I still don't get the excitement people have towards BB.  I watched the first two seasons and just couldn't really get into it.

The acting was good, but the characters just weren't interesting or likable enough for me (and in some cases annoying as hell).

I gave up after the crap that happened near the end of season 2.  The show just wasn't worth sticking with it at that point.

I still don't get the excitement people have towards BB.  I watched the first two seasons and just couldn't really get into it.

The acting was good, but the characters just weren't interesting or likable enough for me (and in some cases annoying as hell).

I gave up after the crap that happened near the end of season 2.  The show just wasn't worth sticking with it at that point.

Well, if you stuck through 2 seasons and feel that way, then you definitely are not going to relate or like the show.  Are you more of a cop, sci-fi, action, etc guy?

Well, if you stuck through 2 seasons and feel that way, then you definitely are not going to relate or like the show.  Are you more of a cop, sci-fi, action, etc guy?

I watch a bunch of different stuff.  Arrow, Justified, Game of Thrones, Defiance, Castle, Archer....

It's possible that part of the reason I wasn't as into BB though was that I had already read articles on the last episode, so I wasn't as interested in what happened to everyone. (though I didn't really care about any of them for the most part anyway, other maybe Jane or Jesse at times)

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

I watch a bunch of different stuff.  Arrow, Justified, Game of Thrones, Defiance, Castle, Archer....

It's possible that part of the reason I wasn't as into BB though was that I had already read articles on the last episode, so I wasn't as interested in what happened to everyone. (though I didn't really care about any of them for the most part anyway, other maybe Jane or Jesse at times)

If you haven't watched Jericho, Jeremiah, Persons Unknown, Survivors, The 4400.  I recommend all of them.  They all had short runs, were cancelled, but were great shows IMO.  

Well I know what I'm watching tonight  :)

Nice catch!  It would be a shame to miss the greatest show ever due to such a small detail. :)

Load Breaking Bad up and strap in brother.  Other shows don't even come close (except the Sopranos).  High octane, thrill ride.

Yea, just ended up watching the whole thing (pretty much) a second time.  My wife didn't see it with me when I watched it, and then she got hooked.  We watched the whole thing on Netflix.  Definitely has it all.

;

Just a reminder that Season 4 of Falling Skies starts tonight.

There are certain shows where I cannot figure out why they keep getting renewed. This would be one of them!

That being said, someone needs to bump the Falling Skies thread as the show does hold some value for me in unintentional comedic manner. Maybe that's partly a source of its success?

Edited by SpacePenguin

I have Falling Skies set to record on my DVR, but I doubt I''ll watch it.  I watched most of last season to see what it was a bout, but never really got too invested in the show.  

I can't think of any characters I'm particularly interested in at the moment and I don't really care what happens to anyone on the show. 

I am planning on checking out the new show The Last Ship however.

Oh and I liked the 2nd season premiere of Defiance.  I wasn't sold on it early last season, but it is pretty entertaining.

Dominion was kind of cool too the other day, though I'm not quite sure what to make of it after only seeing one episode.

Edited by visionary

I've enjoyed Falling Skies.  But I am a sucker for pretty much all Sci-Fi TV shows.  I thought season 2 was great though, maybe I'm in the minority.  Defiance, I thought it was different season 1, season 2 looks to be off to a good start. 

I just started watching Dominion tonight, got halfway through it, have to stop cause I need to catch the season 6 finale of True Blood on HBO2 before Season 7 starts tonight (so I can refresh).  But, I like what I saw, any Heaven vs Hell **** is pretty cool imo, kinda like where Supernatural is right now.  

Ha ha, I was bored and sick so I ended up watching anyway, and I actually enjoyed some of it.

There was a lot of crazy stuff going on, but I thought the two younger boys' story lines were kind of interesting.

(Not sure how they weren't all killed at the beginning though, lol)

My brother and I will probably keep watching for now.

Edited by visionary

Falling Skies seemed weird at first because it split everyone up again and is now starting mutiple new storylines. Everything from last season was changed in just 1 episode and we're at the very beginning of it. Threw me off at first, but I like it. The Volm are scattered and the Esphani we don't know what's going on with them now, plus each of the group's stroylines all actually look promising.

A good series to get into also is Continuum. Season finale for season 3 aired tonight and it was very good and ended with a great cliffhanger. If you watch it on SciFi the finale airs next week I think.

(Not sure how they weren't all killed at the beginning though, lol)

My brother and I will probably keep watching for now.

They didn't want to kill all of them. Remember Tom later says they are being kept in prison for a reason, just don't know what it is yet.