Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 5/19/2020 at 5:53 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

Yes, on Hulu. I think it's an FX show. It's the first comic book/anime show that I've watched. I'm not really into those shows/movies. I watched the Superman movies with Christopher Reed but not any others. They strike me as very juvenile.

This is mostly true for the Marvel movies. 

If you get a chance you might want to catch Joker.    I can assure you it is anything but juvenile.  

Also Nolan/Bale's Batman trilogy.

Edit:  I think you meant Christopher Reeve.  His portrayal of Superman was never topped.  Sad story with his horse accident, paralysis and subsequent passing. RIP. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Started watching Burn Notice. Enjoying so far. 

Great show.

Person of Interest is really good too. On Netflix.

Not sure if you have watched Nip/Tuck: https://www.hulu.com/series/niptuck-b145d293-21c6-41c8-a852-02c6ebb0bf14

or White Collar: https://www.hulu.com/series/white-collar-58d3d0ce-8d86-4ccd-bd0c-104551448432

• Like 1

I've been watching The Handsome Siblings on Netflix.  If you like old school '70s kung fu movies, you'll like it, as it is the same format.  I've only gotten through about 30 of 44 episodes so far.

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Burn Notice is great! Especially now that you can binge watch it. I watched it again last year. 

So I dug out all of my V DVDs and will start watching tomorrow. I also found Death Race, great movie! I have a large DVD collection of all kinds of TV shows and movies.  Now seems a good time to watch a bunch. The next is Queer As Folk. This one might be fun to binge watch.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

We started watching that a week ago. I remember watching it for a little back when it was on but didn't finish it. It's a good show. 

Also watched Chuck for the first time. Seasons 1-4 were good but 5 is just...not good. 

With all the streaming stuff available I've been watching older network shows I heard about, but never watched or finished. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Destino said:

My daughter has me watching the last air bender and dragon prince.  This is great!

The cartoon?

That was my son's favorite show as a kid. Over this past weekend he realized it was on Netflix and got excited and said we needed to watch it again. (He is 19 now.) At the very least, I get to spend time with him watching this.

5 minutes ago, Yohan said:

The cartoon?

That was my son's favorite show as a kid. Over this past weekend he realized it was on Netflix and got excited and said we needed to watch it again. (He is 19 now.) At the very least, I get to spend time with him watching this.

Yes, the cartoon.  It’s pretty well written for a Y-7 cartoon.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, China said:

I've been watching The Handsome Siblings on Netflix.  If you like old school '70s kung fu movies, you'll like it, as it is the same format.  I've only gotten through about 30 of 44 episodes so far.

I noticed that a few days back.  It looks interesting.  I saw a version of it from like 2004 a while back with Dickie Chung and Nicolas Tse as the main characters and it was really funny and also fairly dark at times despite the silly antics and cheesy effects.  

Spoiler

(I remember a lot of important characters dying)

In a similar vein, two of my favorites from that type of genre are Demi Gods and Semi Devils (2003) and Return of the Condor Heroes (2006) (though I've never seen more than a few episodes of any of the versions of the other two shows in the Condor Series: Legend of the Condor Heroes and Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber.)  These shows tend to get remade every few years I think. 

Edited by visionary

17 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me got me through high school. ❤

I missed the last few seasons though (of Nip/Tuck)

i remember thinking that the kid on Nip/Tuck, who kinda resembled Mike Jackson, took a historic amount of L's on the that show. I never finished the series though

Edited by StillUnknown

19 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i remember thinking that the kid on Nip/Tuck, who kinda resembled Mike Jackson, took a historic amount of L's on the that show. I never finished the series though

Lol, for real. Poster kid for male daddy issues. I admit I wished I was him though during the plot with Famke Jasen as his high school teacher, and them getting it on.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol, for real. Poster kid for male daddy issues. I admit I wished I was him though during the plot with Famke Jasen as his high school teacher, and them getting it on.

dude read online instructions on how to give himself a circumcision

the gods were laughing at that boy

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Destino said:

My daughter has me watching the last air bender and dragon prince.  This is great!

My daughter has been watching the last air bender as well, and I watched a few episodes with her also.  Not bad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I know @TK has watched it, but the new version of Dynasty is trash tv at it's absolute finest.  

I told you . :) 

"Fallon" was Dennis Leary's daughter on his Sex & Drugs & Rock n Roll show he did after Rescue Me ended.  She's reason enough to watch the CW's Dynasty. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1