Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 4/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, TK said:

Another vote for Outer Banks. Fun watch that leaves you wanting the next season. 

I was about to switch to something else but good thing i didn't. The show really kicks up after the 3rd episode and then.... Can't wait for 2nd season now. :)

Been watching some Seal Team. (Yeah, I was bored). All this time, every time I saw a photo advertising it, I thought it was the same actor who played Chief in Battlestar Galactica. 

And I thought the small, female, soldier was on the same show. 

Wrong on both. 

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Just watched McMillions. 

It's about the Monopoly game scandal. It's really interesting to me. 

It started out on fire then it kinda fizzled out. Still interesting & worth a watch. They also did a post show podcast for it if you want more of it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Started Ozark. Really liking it.

But do they ever say how Jason Bateman and his partner got into bed with the Cartel? Ep 1 kinda just hit the ground running.

They do a flashback a few episodes in...

I double-checked, flashback is toward the end of season 1... Ep. 8.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just got Prime, up first is Hunters, but what else is good?

A lot. I havent watched anything besides The Expanse (cool little space opera), but Jack Ryan (I believe the guy that many of the Tom Clancy books are based on) is next up, followed by Man In The High Castle

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just got Prime, up first is Hunters, but what else is good?

Off the top of my head: The Expanse, Patriot, The Boys, Marvelous Mrs. Maizel, Electric Dreams, Bosch, Goliath

28 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

A lot. I havent watched anything besides The Expanse (cool little space opera), but Jack Ryan (I believe the guy that many of the Tom Clancy books are based on) is next up, followed by Man In The High Castle

Almost all of Tom Clancy's books (the legit Tom Clancy books, not the books featuring his name but written by someone else) feature Jack Ryan.  Red Storm Rising was an exception in that it was a stand-alone WWIII book.  And I recall Rainbow Six following Ding Chavez, who was introduced by the Jack Ryan-centered Clear And Present Danger.  I may have read one or two of them.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 2:44 AM, zskins said:

It is a slow burn but a very intriguing and interesting story: Dangerous Lies on Netflix. 

I enjoyed as well! Just started watching Hollywood and Season 4 of Working Moms.

Still need to continue with The Last Kingdom, though I still don't think it's anywhere near as good as Vikings

On 5/3/2020 at 3:29 AM, zskins said:

I was about to switch to something else but good thing i didn't. The show really kicks up after the 3rd episode and then.... Can't wait for 2nd season now. :)

Great choice... so ready for Season 2.

Anyone check out FAUDA yet? You'll be glad you did if you liked Jack Ryan

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Goliath.  Billy Bob Thornton playing a smartass, functioning alcoholic genius lawyer.  So kinda like @PleaseBlitz.

The first two seasons are great, the third is terrible, IMO.  

Totally agree. Loved the first two seasons of goliath. I like the format where it's one case the entire season. Allows them to explore the characters. But that 3rd season was just bad. Also watching The Wire. Never watched it when it came out. 

I just finished Taken on Netflix. . It was pretty good. Surprised they cancelled it. I thought it was good and getting better. And also just finished Jessica Jones. Really hope they bring that back when they restart the Marvel shows on the other stream. 

22 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Goliath.  Billy Bob Thornton playing a smartass, functioning alcoholic genius lawyer.  So kinda like @PleaseBlitz.

The first two seasons are great, the third is terrible, IMO.  

Goliath season 1 was great.  2 was average, though still worth watching.  3 was awful.

While on the topic of declining shows, Jack Ryan deserves mention.  Season 1 was awesome.  Season 2 was absurd.

On 5/1/2020 at 12:50 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Not much activity in here lately. I think we're watching everything. :ols:

Gonna be jonesing for that next episode of "Salmon Hunters" or some **** pretty soon.

You aren’t lying.  I just finished all 5 seasons of Person of Interest.  Normally I wouldn’t have watched it, but I need content and favor scifi and fantasy.  AIs battling for control scratches that itch.  Not a great show, but they got the ending right.  Good finale.

35 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nah, I really don't see it that way.

It’s indisputable 😜

crystal meth vs money laundering.

cartels, FBI, changing sides, new markets/businesses.

Its a good blue print.

Edited by Die Hard

35 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

It’s indisputable 😜

Its a good blue print.

You could also say it is like Weeds too. I just see similarities in smaller details. 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

You could also say it is like Weeds too. I just see similarities in smaller details. 

Weeds started off great (drama). Then it became a caricature of itself (comedy). Especially with Kevin Neelon.

Ozark and Breaking Bad are more dark dramas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

It’s indisputable 😜

Its a good blue print.

Well from that perspective.  But that's kinda like almost any show about drugs/cartels, double crossing, etc.