Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Best Tv Shows That Were Cancelled To Early (Merged)

jobaga

For me, Jericho. Great show, would love to see more. I hope revolution doesn't follow the same fate.

I never watched Firefly when it was on TV, but I have watched it on Netflix as well as Serenity and I have to agree with a previous poster. While overall it was a great series, several of the episodes were just really bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Cop Rock....

I was just thinking of that one...

Star Trek... cancelled after 3 seasons, towards the end of the third season the budget for individual shows was cut in half. This was largely due to the viewer demographic metric they used in 1969. In 69 they measured relative to all viewers which masked Star Trek's strength. In 1970 TV stations started using a metric which favored shows which drew in the most favorable demographic for various advertisers which Star Trek excelled at. Young male viewers.

Star Trek Enterprise... Again the show was just starting to find it's audience and got cancelled.. Technically there aren't even enough shows their to support syndication.

Deadwood... The series covered the early origins of the town and the shooting of Wild Bill Hitch**** there up threw the attempt by William Randolf Hersts attempt to control the gold mines there. The time they didn't show is actually even more fascinating. Teddy Roosevelt moved to Deadwood and took up ranching after his wife died. He became great friends with the Marshal Bullick there. Years latter when Teddy Roosevelt assembled and outfitted his own band of soldiers for the Spanish American war ( the rough riders) His friend Marshal Bullick was at his side. They went up San Juan hill together... ( where Teddy won the CMH)... That along with other colorful characters who moved into Deadwood makes the latter years even more interesting than the early years.

There was a show called "Stingray" in the 80's that I really liked. It was your typical Stephen J. Cannell detective/mystery type show but I thought the concept was cool and I loved the car.

I was very disappointed when "The EVENT" got canceled. Ever since "LOST" ended I had been looking for a cool sci-fi kind of show on network TV and I thought "The EVENT" was it. Ended on a cliff hanger, and never came back. How that got canceled and "Person of Interest" is still on I don't know. Guess it’s easier to do a murder of the week type show than a series you have to follow from episode to episode.

There was a show called "Stingray" in the 80's that I really liked. It was your typical Stephen J. Cannell detective/mystery type show but I thought the concept was cool and I loved the car.

I was very disappointed when "The EVENT" got canceled. Ever since "LOST" ended I had been looking for a cool sci-fi kind of show on network TV and I thought "The EVENT" was it. Ended on a cliff hanger, and never came back. How that got canceled and "Person of Interest" is still on I don't know. Guess it’s easier to do a murder of the week type show than a series you have to follow from episode to episode.

That's a good point, I've found myself losing interest in shows because I miss a couple weeks and lose the plotline. I've always thought the major networks should reair their primetime shows at some point during the weekend for people who missed them during the week.

The Good Guys

Arrested Development

Pushing Daisies

Firefly

Space Above and Beyond

Briscoe County, Jr.

Futurama (at least it was brought back, and still good too, unlike Family Guy)

The Lone Gunmen

The Tick

Goodness, look at all the shows Fox cancelled prematurely. I seriously think all of those except Pushing Daisies was on Fox.

Archived