Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Best Tv Shows That Were Cancelled To Early (Merged)

jobaga

Some all time favorites of mine mentioned here: Firefly, Briscoe County Jr.

I really liked Legend of the Seeker also, although I never got to watch all of the second season because the package I ordered on Amazon arrived in my mailbox minus the dvd and a big hole in the package. lol

Deadwood is good too, although I'm still working my way through season two on HBO.

One that hasn't been mentioned that is an all time favorite is American Gothic.

Also I thought they could have done more with Dead Like Me, (although I haven't watched the movie).

I wish they had made more seasons of the old Magnificent Seven from the 90s. It starred Kyle Reese from Terminator as the character Yul Brynner played in the amazing movie. The show wasn't good objectively speaking and it didn't really do the movie justice. It was campy and formulaic, but I found it highly entertaining. I don't always have to be challenged by a show to really enjoy it. That one could have kept the fun going for many more than two seasons.

Wonder if five seasons is going to be enough for Breaking Bad?

I also wouldn't mind seeing Mad Men end soon. There were some episodes in the most recent season that just didn't work and the show has started going to a bad place. I'm not ethusiastic about the next season like I was in the past.

And I haven't watched the third series, but I really didn't like the second series of Downton. The spell has been broken for me, the show became a soap opera. Maybe one season was enough for it.

I have to go with most of those mentioned, but never got around to Freaks/Geeks and FNL.

I mourn almost every (even some half-assed ones) sci-fi show that buy the farm early. I wanted that Fox time-travel/dinosaur one to go awhile longer, and Jericho was cool, but Revolution is filling that space for me. The new one I wish had lasted awhile longer is Last Resort.

And I may be a minority, but I thought ST:Enterprise was finally getting some real legs and direction and had a good cast and very good plot material available in its setting and groused when it was cancelled. No, not just because of my Jolene Blalock love.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 11:47 AM ----------

I might be the only one who watched it - but BBC America had a 2 season show called Survivors that was pretty good. Like most shows on BBC - it got cancelled because it was too expensive to make.

That wasn't the one of humans on the earthlike planet with Jamie Barber from BSG was it? I saw a few of those and thought it had potential.

It was a sad day when Enterprise was canceled. True story: my college newspaper ran a great article from a transvestite student lamenting the end of Star Trek on TV when it was canceled.

Another show I was sad to see get canceled: Flash Forward. It was a Brannon Braga project. Wasn't great but it was highly addictive and entertaining.

That wasn't the one of humans on the earthlike planet with Jamie Barber from BSG was it? I saw a few of those and thought it had potential.

No. I think that one was Outcasts.

The premise of survivors was that 99% of the worlds population had been killed off by a new strain of the flu. In fact, they all died within 48 hours of contracting it (I think).

Much like Revolution, the survivors have to survive in a in a world with no society, no police, and no law.

Also, another show ruined by Fox and cancelled early: In Living Color

Fox censored them too much, the Wayans left, the show declined, and it was cancelled.

Eli Stone is another one

I also liked Morgan Spurlock's 30 days show inspired by his documentary film

Darkwing Duck should have been on longer too

I LOVE Freaks and Geeks, but I'm almost glad it was just one season. Since they were all in high school, it would have had a limited shelf life anyway.

It really is a great series to watch start to finish.

Ren, I've been thinking about adding it to a watch list (and I like the psych character <of course > the dude plays on Bones), and since you say that (and I think you're damn sharp), I'll watch it. :)

No. I think that one was Outcasts.

The premise of survivors was that 99% of the worlds population had been killed off by a new strain of the flu. In fact, they all died within 48 hours of contracting it (I think).

Much like Revolution, the survivors have to survive in a in a world with no society, no police, and no law.

Yeh, "outcasts." Lost track of that one. Never saw survivors, but I'm a sucker for any post-apocalyptic tale. There are a number of excellent sci-fi novels on that premise over the last 50 years that have yet to have a movie made of them.

The original Star Trek is the archetype of course.

Freaks and Geeks would be my top choice of modern times.

From all the chat here, I'm going to have to go check out Deadwood. I don't watch much TV and I never saw an episode.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

Joanie Loves Chachie.

I was devestated.

My Mother the Car.

TFrom all the chat here, I'm going to have to go check out Deadwood. I don't watch much TV and I never saw an episode.

Yeh, P, you need to do Deadwood. Then, if you're an Olyphant fan afterwards, catch up with Justified on FX. Quality stuff.

Archived