Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Best Tv Shows That Were Cancelled To Early (Merged)

jobaga

The United States of Tara.

Tara Gregson is a wife and mother of two children in Overland Park, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City, who has been diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder (DID). When stressed, Tara often transitions into one of her alternate personalities: wild and flirty teenager T; 1950s housewife Alice; and male, loud, beer-drinking Vietnam vet Buck. A fourth personality, Gimme, is introduced later in the first season. During the second season of the series, two further personalities were introduced. The former, called Shoshana, is Tara's "therapist" of sorts, while the sixth personality's name is Chicken, an infantile representation of Tara when she was 5 years old. Another personality emerges in Season 3; that of Tara's previously unknown half-brother Bryce. Tara is supported by her husband Max, daughter Kate, and son Marshall. Her sister, Charmaine, is initially not very supportive of Tara, expressing doubts about the validity of her sister's disorder, though she becomes increasingly more understanding and receptive as the series progresses. The show is a representation of a seemingly typical American family who must cope with the daily struggles of Dissociative Identity Disorder.

+1 for Jericho, that show had all the makings of being great.  The first season finale was great and set up what looked to be a war between the two towns.  Once the network cancelled the show and the viewers fought to save the show, the network punted and rushed the story to conclusion.  That show had sustainability and a great story arc.

It was a thread like this before, I guess it was lost during the conversion...

But I'll go to my go to show

FlashForward.jpg

ABC gets a forever middle finger from me for canceling this show. And the worst part is they canceled it on a cliff hanger. And they still haven't found a decent show to replace it with (No Ordinary Family and V sucked) If they mess up Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, I will be super pissed... 

seriously...a simple search of "cancelled shows" and it turns up on our search tool (plus it was just on the front page of the tailgate a few days ago)...or use google-search if it doesn't like we STATE IN OUR RULES (and even give a link) if you struggle with the "house" search tool

...we aren't too far way from making some NNT's permanent with the first offense if it seems really gratuitous...gets very tiring on our end to combat simple laziness (not accusing the OP of this, personally, just being general) or lack of care...

Archived