Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Best Tv Shows That Were Cancelled To Early (Merged)

jobaga

I think a better question would be: 

"Best TV shows that were not cancelled soon enough....."

which shows were good at one point, but then really jumped the shark tank ?   or just lingered on into painful perpetuity?

When David Duchovny left the X-Files it should have ended..not even Robert Patrick could save the show for the hole that Mulder missing left.

Warehouse 13 is in it's last season and I love that show.  I think it's ending too soon.

It's SyFy though.  They never air scripted TV shows that they either make or get from other networks beyond 5 seasons.

If a SyFY show you like makes it to Season 4, you know the end of that show is just around the corner.

Still have those final 6 episodes of WH13.   I met Eddie McClintock and he was cool enough to take a pic with me, without me having to pay a fortune. 

which shows were good at one point, but then really jumped the shark tank ?   or just lingered on into painful perpetuity?

Scrubs should have never ever of went back to med school

That finale was so freaking Epic the last season was a disgrace

Modern Family, Glee and possibly New Girl

Dexter and Weeds immediately come to mind

-disagree jobaga, Modern Family is still funny

Another post in here brought up That 70's Show, which started when I was in high school so my friends and I watched it of course. Very funny starting out but as their main cast began to leave it should have just ended. Slid in quality, especially by the end when it was almost unwatchable at times and just a shell of it's original self. Most shows IMO, especially comedies, get stale after 5-6 seasons, though w/ some exceptions.

The first one that pops in my mind was Chuck, I think it went 1 season too long.

It's SyFy though.  They never air scripted TV shows that they either make or get from other networks beyond 5 seasons.

If a SyFY show you like makes it to Season 4, you know the end of that show is just around the corner.

Still have those final 6 episodes of WH13.   I met Eddie McClintock and he was cool enough to take a pic with me, without me having to pay a fortune. 

I think having a set number of seasons is a good way to insure the quality.  Seems the last season of many shows suck.

Another post in here brought up That 70's Show, which started when I was in high school so my friends and I watched it of course. Very funny starting out but as their main cast began to leave it should have just ended. Slid in quality, especially by the end when it was almost unwatchable at times and just a shell of it's original self. Most shows IMO, especially comedies, get stale after 5-6 seasons, though w/ some exceptions.

A show like That 70's Show has a built-in expiration date as far as I'm concerned.  Not saying the first couple of seasons weren't good but the subject matter of a show based on the premise can only be fresh for 4 maybe 5 years.

Well, SYFY must have been snooping this board because they just picked up Haven for 2 more seasons (26 episodes) to run it through Season 6. 

It's a fun show with bad dialogue. George Lucas bad dialogue. 

Well, SYFY must have been snooping this board because they just picked up Haven for 2 more seasons (26 episodes) to run it through Season 6. 

It's a fun show with bad dialogue. George Lucas bad dialogue. 

http://tvline.com/2014/01/28/haven-renewed-season-5-for-26-episodes/

Actually, it's a supersized Season 5.  So, they can still cancel the show after the supersized season.

• 4 weeks later...

Also..to add to the X-Files...good shows originally that went too long.

Seeing as I watched just about every episode last winter, I'd have to agree. Some of those Dogget episodes were straight up brutal (though the Mulder dissappearance/fugitive episodes were okay. When they went MOTW, Patrick simply couldn't bring it). Duchovny was the X- Files, and it sucked without him.

Luckily he came back for the last few episodes, including the series finale.

Dexter and Weeds immediately come to mind

-disagree jobaga, Modern Family is still funny

I loved both, but it was time to end both of them before they jumped the shark.  The season finale of Weeds was about the worst I've ever seen.  Dexter had those moments towards the end where you were just like really?  WTF?  and not in the good way.  The finale was pretty good though.

Archived