Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

Only a SEC team can defeat Alabama. Oregon is too small, Ohio State chokes against the SEC, and EJ Manuel would look lost and confused against this defense.

EJ Manuel looks lost and confused putting his pads and jersey on. Yes FSU fan here.

Is the SEC really that much better then everyone else? I don't follow college like I do the pros, but this is going down like pretty much everybody said it would. How the hell is the number #1 team in the nation getting absolutely obliterated on national television. Must not be the #1 team in the nation...

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. All that talk about ND 's defense and they allow not one, but two 100 yard rushers? Good God.

Is the SEC really that much better then everyone else? I don't follow college like I do the pros, but this is going down like pretty much everybody said it would. How the hell is the number #1 team in the nation getting absolutely obliterated on national television. Must not be the #1 team in the nation...

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. All that talk about ND 's defense and they allow not one, but two 100 yard rushers? Good God.

Yes. I can think of four SEC teams off the top of head, besides Alabama, that could have taken ND to the woodshed tonight.

Division 1 College football is getting like the NBA. Only a handful of winners. I've actually enjoyed watching the 1AA, Division II and Division III playoffs and championships. I'm hoping Urban Meyer will put something together for next year to try and beat the SEC. They look like the only team with a chance next year.

Division 1 College football is getting like the NBA. Only a handful of winners. I've actually enjoyed watching the 1AA, Division II and Division III playoffs and championships. I'm hoping Urban Meyer will put something together for next year to try and beat the SEC. They look like the only team with a chance next year.

If they ever cracked down on oversigning in college football, it might help. Of course, the Alabama's of the world rarely have to do much to bring in the best of the blue chippers anyways.

---------- Post added January-8th-2013 at 06:53 AM ----------

BTW - I guess Alabama wasn't too impressed with ND's close wins over mediocre teams (Purdue, BYU, & Pitt) this year. That said, I do think one team that ND beat this year could have hung with Alabama for most of the game...Stanford.

---------- Post added January-8th-2013 at 06:56 AM ----------

I do wonder though if Texas A&M has a legit claim to this title.

:evilg:

There is a difference between getting beat and getting embarrassed. The Irish were out coached, out played, and perhaps even unprepared for the game. You had 40 days to prepare for this game to get embarrassed like that on national television is a disgrace, the Irish made AJ McCarron look like Joe Montana. The bottom line is Notre Dame put forth zero effort in the first half missed tackles by Te'o, miscues on offense by young QB Golson, no running game at all. It just came down to the better team won flat out. Oregon would have gave Bama a better game

There is a difference between getting beat and getting embarrassed. The Irish were out coached, out played, and perhaps even unprepared for the game. You had 40 days to prepare for this game to get embarrassed like that on national television is a disgrace, the Irish made AJ McCarron look like Joe Montana. The bottom line is Notre Dame put forth zero effort in the first half missed tackles by Te'o, miscues on offense by young QB Golson, no running game at all. It just came down to the better team won flat out. Oregon would have gave Bama a better game

Yeah, there's no excuse for a championship game to end with such a lopsided score like that, especially when a team has that much time to prepare.

Alabama is a legit college football dynasty right now. Saban's probably going to end up on the same level as Bear Bryant at 'Bama before it's all said and done. Frankly, I don't see why they can't do it again next year.

I really wish we could have a 16 team playoff system in the FBS, but I'm sure that will never happen.

In pretty sure nd was prepared for the game, bama was just better at execution. Like you pointed out, nd didn't tackle. ND couldn't block the rush and their qb was perpetually under pressure and on the run.

I do think that Oregon bama would have been interesting in that it would put too opposing views of the game. Maybe bama's massive front line would have struggled against the tempo.

Yeah, there's no excuse for a championship game to end with such a lopsided score like that, especially when a team has that much time to prepare.

Not singling you out, but your post seems like the best one for me to throw out a theory that I've had for at least 10 years.

I think that the long time off between the Dec 1st "end of the regular season" and the Jan 1st "bowls that actually matter", causes a lot of teams to put up poor showings.

Heck, the NFL has problems dealing with two week's buildup to the Super Bowl. You want to give college kids 4-5 weeks off, and expect them to stay focused?

My theory is that, as the season goes along, the teams get into a rhythm. They have a system, and they follow it. They do the same thing every Monday afternoon. The same workouts in the weight room. Repetition, repetition, repetition.

Then they build up, they win The Big Game. They win the Conference Championship. . .

And then they take a month off?

----------

That's why I've been pushing for NCAA to do a four-team playoff. Replace the one-month off with two weeks to get ready for the first playoff game, and then two weeks after that for the Championship Game.

I think they'd be better games, if they had less time off.

Archived