Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

LINES!

Thursday, Aug. 29

North Carolina at South Carolina (-14.5)

USC at Hawaii (+19)

Saturday, Aug. 31

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech (+22) (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta, Ga.)

LSU vs. TCU (+6) (Cowboys Classic in Arlington, Tx.)

Georgia at Clemson (-2)

Monday, Sept. 2

Florida State at Pittsburgh (+8.5)

When was the last time Virginia Tech was a 22-POINT DOG , at a neutral site nonetheless?

take VT and the points. Saban isn't trying to blow anyone out early in the season. It should be a convincing win and maybe even dominating but no way they are covering 22 pts. in the first game of the season. worse case scenario Saban will pull the starters mid 3rd qtr.

LSU should cover the 6 @ TCU

UGA vs. Clemson is really a pick'em in my head.

take VT and the points. Saban isn't trying to blow anyone out early in the season. It should be a convincing win and maybe even dominating but no way they are covering 22 pts. in the first game of the season. worse case scenario Saban will pull the starters mid 3rd qtr.

Well, Saban rarely tries to blow anybody out. His teams are all about as classic "smash mouth" run-first style as you can find in today's college football...but when you consistently have one of the best OLs in the country and 5 star RBs backing up 5 star RBs, it sometimes becomes difficult not to literally run up the score.

I could see VT scoring a late TD or two to cover though.

Eh, I may give the points to Alabama at -22

Upon telling a friend this, he is now challenging me to give up my VT fandom, forever, if VT covers the -22. Meaning no going to games. An outright ban :ols:

You're alive!

That's not such a terrible outcome to a bet, at least in the short term. I mean, is it really worth the drive to Blacksburg just to see Logan Thomas overthrow his WRs while Frank Beamer stands there with a clueless expression, looking like somebody just stole his wallet out of his back pocket? (otherwise known as "the Tom Coughlin")

Former FSU QB Clint Trickett has decided to transfer to West Virginia. Could be a good spot for him, unless the Big12 defenses get a lot better.

I figured that would be the case. That system fits him well, he can come in and compete immediately, and the family ties to the school and the area make too much sense.

Tell that to Michigan. :(

National Championship Odds:

Alabama 3/1

Ohio State 13/2

Oregon 7/1

Texas A&M 8/1

Georgia 16/1

Stanford 16/1

LSU 18/1

Florida 20/1

Louisville 22/1

Clemson 25/1