Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

The talent disparity between Louisville and Florida is just huge. You saw it on that kickoff runback. Florida's athletes are on a different level from Louisville's. But they play like a bunch of undisciplined morons. Getting the penalty on the first onside kick and for being in the white on the sidelines was just absolutely pathetic. Muschamp is just getting totally outcoached by Charlie Strong and Teddy B is orders of magnitude better than Jeff Driskel. A star versus a dud. There is a leadership vacuum for Florida and an abundance of leadership in the other locker room.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 11:49 PM ----------

And so many UF and SEC fans were adamant that UF deserved a shot at the title because they had the hardest schedule in the country. :ols::ols::ols:

The SoS determination is based on the polls right?

Doesn't that lead to some circular reasoning? The SEC teams are ranked the highest because they are the best right? How is that determined? Oh because they beat all these other highly ranked teams in their conference and when they lose, it's to top ten teams in their own conference so those losses don't matter that much. Well... so why were they all ranked so high again?

SEC-628x353.jpg

the SEC was the best conference this year, but it was never the powerhouse the polls wanted everyone to believe. Only Alabama was that dominant powerhouse this year. It became a self-fulfilling prophecy by keeping these schools up because they beat each other.

damn, Charlie Strong's older daughter on his right can get it.

edit: take it back, im not about that Ephebophilia-life. NOPE!!

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 12:04 AM ----------

If we didnt have RG3, I would love to tank next year for Bridgewater. That kid is special.

I cant see Tahj Boyd coming back.

Also I dont think that match up can happen with Louisville moving to the ACC.

His draft stock wouldnt be high enough to be worth leaving. He's 3rd rounder at best right now. There's just too many good QB's coming out ahead of him this year.

Louisville v Clemson in the Orange Bowl next year can be a matchup between the two best QBs in the country. What about the possibility of Louisville being in the ACC next year.

Somewhere in College Station, Texas Johnny Maniel is going, "hey, um...guys...?"

I cant see Tahj Boyd coming back.

Also I dont think that match up can happen with Louisville moving to the ACC.

I was just stating another way the matchup can happen. I also want to see Louisville and Florida State play. Louisville may be that missing piece to ACC football puzzle as long as Strong is there and he continue to get kids from Florida.

Why would Strong stay there when a college in the SEC will come calling soon?

He spent almost 15 years in the SEC.

Because winning Sugar Bowls and having a legitimate shot at a title beats getting crapped on year in and out as the coach of a Tennesee or Kentucky.

Florida had a great season, and did have a really tough schedule, but i never thought they were a great team. they've had ugly wins all year long and thier offense has always looked inept at best. as Steve points out this loss was on muschamp and give credit to charlie strong who is a great coach. Kudos to Louisville in the big win.

as for circular reasoning slanted towards the SEC, i don't know what you are suggesting. who got screwed in this all? what conference was extremely underrated? i don't recall anyone on this board or anywhere all RA RA about the Big East and thier champion Louisville. Did Clemson get screwed by this "circular reasoning"? Frankly i thought they were underated until they got beat down by the game ****s. rankings are fluid and change week to week and for the most part mean nothing. only the final rankings matter, unless you're in the National Championship discussion. are you suggesting Alabama somehow benefitted from this "circular reasoning" and doesn't deserve to play Notre Dame? I guess you can make that arguement, but the reality is both K st. and Oregon had a win and in scenario and they choked. and/or are you also suggesting that this "circular reasoning" will help teams like florida and lsu in the final rankings? at that point does it even matter?

Personally i think "circular reasoning" isnt a media conspiracy to maintain SEC dominance. i think its just the nature of college football. no one can watch every game and accurately rank all these teams that don't all play each other. so there is alot of guess work involved. So familiar names and perception come into play. its an imperfect science and thats why we watch the games.

Archived