Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite event at the summer Olympics?

renaissance

Not necessarily your favorite sport, but your favorite single event.

I would create a poll but there are way too many events to include.

Also, in before everyone says racewalking :)

Don't worry, I wouldn't have said racewalking. I think that's one of the stupider events in the Olympics, and really belongs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmyz_f8Sx14

Of course nowadays they seem to make up more and more ridiculous events like synchronized trampoline. What's next the dingleberry toss?

Decathalon is good because it shows athleticism in more than one event.

Volleyball (both beach and regular) are good.

Taekwondo

Things that require judging like gymnastics should be removed from the Olympics...too much bias involved in determining winners.

Indoor Volleyball.

The Olympics is one of the few times you can watch world class 6s on TV.

I like all of the minor events. I watched handball and kayaking thurs and friday. Fun stuff.

And while I like swimming and gymnastics.......ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think one of these has to be my favorite. I also really like the 50m free.

Going to try to watch more track and field events this year.

yea the 50m free is so intense because its just an all out sprint. I didn't realize until watching it the other night that the swimmers don't take a single breath during this event.

I was on the crew team in high school, so I follow rowing closely and if I could only watch one sport it would be this.

But, if it weren't for my connection to rowing, I'd say swimming because it is fun to watch / made for TV. Most races are quick, exciting and filled with drama. Easy for me to consume and enjoy!

Honorable mention: gymnastics. Last night's ladies individual finals was incredible. Those four girls were so focused and under such pressure; I could feel it through the TV. High drama.

It used to be boxing, but after the shameful display of officiating I've seen during these games, I think I've changed my mind.

I've really taken to archery. Those matches can be very tense. On Sunday, we played Italy for the gold medal. Italy needed a bullseye (ten points) to win and nine to tie and they get a clutch bullseye to win the match. I found myself reacting like I would to a Dallas Cowboys touchdown at FedEx, but that goes to show how tense it can get.

That's one of the cool things about the Olympics. You get to see these sports that you don't get to see too often. Badminton, handball, track and field events, volleyball. It is a tremendous thing to behold.

Speedwalkers look like they're just trying to make it to the bathroom before their anus explodes.

Honestly though, I'm a sucker for most any sport they televise during the 2 weeks. I am however tired of swimming and Gymnastics taking up 80% of the broadcasts though.

It used to be boxing, but after the shameful display of officiating I've seen during these games, I think I've changed my mind.

I've really taken to archery. Those matches can be very tense. On Sunday, we played Italy for the gold medal. Italy needed a bullseye (ten points) to win and nine to tie and they get a clutch bullseye to win the match. I found myself reacting like I would to a Dallas Cowboys touchdown at FedEx, but that goes to show how tense it can get.

That's one of the cool things about the Olympics. You get to see these sports that you don't get to see too often. Badminton, handball, track and field events, volleyball. It is a tremendous thing to behold.

Agree with you. I love watching these sports that we normally do not get to see.

I also love me some of these contact sports in the olympics. Judo, Taekwondo, wrestling... all fun to watch.

only sport I really have hard time getting into are the weight lifting competition.

For me it is the gymnastics. I admit it :doh:, every four years I become some kind of armchair expert as these Olympians twist, jump and flip their way in towards a gold medal. I guess it was the Strug vault in '96 that made me admire the competition.

Favorite sport, and the main ones I've been watching thus far would be the tennis and soccer.

Not real high on much else, but I've always liked the decathon (childhood thing with Daily Thompson winning back-to-back golds in Moscow and LA. Plus he visited our school with his medals which always sticks out. Kind of a cool deal to be 10 and have an Olympic gold medal placed round you neck); and I just loved the open-water swimming which came in in Beijing last time out. I don't think there's a tougher, or more vicious event going. 50 or so mad swimmers doing 10k and more for a few hours whilst suffering black eyes, broken ribs and worse as they kick the heck out of each other under the water. Brilliant entertainment.

Hail.

I have too many, but mine are (in no particular order) track and field, swimming, women's beach volleyball, and for some reason, I really like handball. I've been watching a lot more handball than before.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

Women's pole dancing. Not an olympic sport yet, but it should be.

Winner winner :1stplace:

Archived