Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official(ish) 2012 Quarterback Prospect Thread

KCClybun

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If we sign Flynn, I would draft Weeden in Round 3. I think he could step in and be produce at a high level in a short period of time. He's being unfairly compared to Weinke and its hurting his draft stock. Dude has a huge arm and has the pocket presence to stand in there against the rush. I think he can play and if not for age he'd be a first rounder....Having Weeden behind Flynn would give us insurance in case Flynn doesn't work out and won't cost us too much...

If we sign Flynn, I would draft Weeden in Round 3. I think he could step in and be produce at a high level in a short period of time. He's being unfairly compared to Weinke and its hurting his draft stock. Dude has a huge arm and has the pocket presence to stand in there against the rush. I think he can play and if not for age he'd be a first rounder....Having Weeden behind Flynn would give us insurance in case Flynn doesn't work out and won't cost us too much...

We'd better draft Blackmon too then. I question Weedon's ability in the absence of Blackmon. He's been the top receiver in college, so it's tough to get an accurate look at Weedon. Similar to how it's tough to get a 100% accurate read on Flynn due to him playing with Green Bay's toys.

There is no way I'd draft a 28 year old player. No way.

I'm not suggesting signing Flynn or drafting Weeden, I just think if the price tage gets too big for RGIII and the FO decides to go with a FA like Flynn, the organization would be wise to take a qb in the middle rounds as an insurance policy. Comapred to the other QBs projected to go in the middle of the draft, Weeden to me seems to be the most talented but will slip due to age. He's being compared to Weinke and that is hurting his stock, but i think he's a much better player than Chris was.

DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to secure RG3 or Luck. Whatever! Get it done, go big or go home. The last 10 super bowl champs show that without a stud qb your nothing in this league.

Thank you. 3 first round picks? Big deal. Oakland shipped a 1st and possibly another 1st but most likely a 2nd for Palmer. Shanallen have proven they are good at gettting talent late in the draft. The good that either Luck or RG3 will bring this team heavily, and I mean extremely heavily, outweighs the hurt of us losing 3 1st's if that's the price. Having a viable QB will shut everyone up about missing those picks, especially if we get in the playoffs and the picks are late ones anyways.

Also, why are people so sure the Colts take Luck? I think them having the 1st pick will bring about the biggest QB controversy this league has seen. Can't trade Manning with that contract, so are you going to let a future HOFer walk? Or let the most game-ready QB to come out of college in years, maybe ever, to sit for what could be 3+ years, while everytime Manning throws an INT, fans and the media chant the name LUCK?

I don't know what will happen in Indy and no one knows. What I think is that we will end up with Luck or RG3. If Indy takes Luck, we trade with St. Louis for the 2nd pick. We take RG3, they take Blackmon or Jeffrey.

...Also, why are people so sure the Colts take Luck? I think them having the 1st pick will bring about the biggest QB controversy this league has seen. Can't trade Manning with that contract, so are you going to let a future HOFer walk? Or let the most game-ready QB to come out of college in years, maybe ever, to sit for what could be 3+ years, while everytime Manning throws an INT, fans and the media chant the name LUCK?

I don't know what will happen in Indy and no one knows. What I think is that we will end up with Luck or RG3. If Indy takes Luck, we trade with St. Louis for the 2nd pick. We take RG3, they take Blackmon or Jeffrey.

I'm not convinced the Colts will take Luck either. He might be the best prospect in years, but they may feel Manning has a few more years left in him and in three years time who knows what QBs will be coming in the draft. They could avoid any QB / contract headaches and rebuild a lot of their team with picks secured in a trade for Luck.

I can see the 1st and 2nd picks being traded, and that might work in our favour.

LFletcher59London Fletcher

Watching Andrew Luck, thinking how good he would look in burgundy & gold!

The most telling thing here is that he seems to believe he's going to be back in the B&G next year. That's a major, major addition to the team for next season. Maybe its because I like the guy, and think he's pure class and one of the best middle linebackers in the NFL, but with London I throw age out the window. He is, in my opinion, our best player. Without question.

On topic, though, I think our plan needs to be as follows:

1. Get an idea of who the teams in front of us are going to pick. Get your finger on the NFL pulse. Do some fact finding and some digging. See who's looking for a QB.

2. Sign a veteran free agent QB such as: Flynn, Henne, Johnson, etc. But sign the guy based on your feeling about #1. If we're sure the top prospects are going to be gone by our pick, go with a Flynn. If we think we can snag a top prospect, go with a Johnson, Henne, Dixon type QB.

3. If RG3 or Luck were available at our pick (I doubt Luck will be, and I'm beginning to doubt RG3, too, unfortunately) draft them. Period. I don't care what we did in step 2. Trade Flynn away if we take that gamble. Have him start the year. I don't really care. But if either one of those two are on the board, take them.

4. If neither are available, look to trade back to select Stanford guard David DeCastro. Or stay put and take a Justin Blackmon type player (who also, likely, won't be available).

5. If step 4 comes to fruition, look to another quarterback to draft in rounds 2-7. Ideal names to me would be: Tannehill, Foles, Lindley, Moore, Weeden (not necessarily in any order). If we draft this guy later, we don't have any kind of real commitment to them, and if we wind up in poor draft position again (which would likely mean a coaching change) we can still select a new QB with our first rounder next year. I've changed my stance on Weeden a bit. I'm not huge on the move of drafting him, but it makes sense for the Shanahan's. Not necessarily the Redskins, but Weeden will help Shanahan right now. So in that vein, I understand that move.

I am starting to have a few doubts about RG3 also but I would still grab him at #6.I do not want Blackmon. He is strong but not that fast then there is his DWI. I see him as a Mike Williams

Any QB we select he will have to sit the first year to learn the NFL style of play. I am for trading back and taking Tannenhill or a top OL. In late rds also take Keenum/Moore/Cousins etc

Career stats

Jones

2011 CMP 355 ATT 562 YDS 4463 CMP% 63.2 YPA 7.94 TD 29 INT 15 Rating 141.6

Tannehill

2011 CMP 327 ATT 531 YDS 3744 CMP% 61.6 YPA 7.05 TD 29 INT 15 Rating 132.2

Numbers are very close, since I didn't have much time to follow the NCAAF, I can't make a decision between those two.

Andrew Luck's Fiesta Bowl tape.

Despite not having lots of TDs that was a really impressive performance, IMO. 347 yards, 87.1 comp %. I know some here don't see him as a "playmaker" but when I watched the game I remember him making some seriously clutch plays, and saw it again in this vid. Improvisation when plays broke down, scanning the field and making 3rd down throws with guys right in his face, all sorts of stuff. I still think its a shame that he had such a great drive to move his team down the field into scoring range right at the end of the game and his kicker completely shanked a 34 yarder.

Does anyone have any real sources on the potential/possibility of how much interest shanny and allen have in luck ir rg3? The draft is 3 months away and it just absolutely sucks. Not having a clue what we may or may not do. I feel so angry at times because it feels like this team is almost curses. Tell me how the colts go to the worst record in the league the same year andrew luck comes out, peyton manning AND john elway?? Talk about lucky. Now I. Know elway pulled an eli manning and told the colts he wasn't going to play for them but still 3 decades 3 of the best qbs to ever come out of college and friggin colts get first dibbs on all 3? How is that fair??

Does anyone have any real sources on the potential/possibility of how much interest shanny and allen have in luck ir rg3? The draft is 3 months away and it just absolutely sucks. Not having a clue what we may or may not do. I feel so angry at times because it feels like this team is almost curses. Tell me how the colts go to the worst record in the league the same year andrew luck comes out, peyton manning AND john elway?? Talk about lucky. Now I. Know elway pulled an eli manning and told the colts he wasn't going to play for them but still 3 decades 3 of the best qbs to ever come out of college and friggin colts get first dibbs on all 3? How is that fair??

To be honest I'd rather not have a clue and just think of the possibilities

1) its more interesting than "knowing"

2) it would give teams the upper hand in trades knowing what we really wanted to do

Plus the offseason is the best for the redskins cause its only time of the year we seem to be tied at the best in the league with all the other teams in recent seasons :D

Does anyone have any real sources on the potential/possibility of how much interest shanny and allen have in luck ir rg3? The draft is 3 months away and it just absolutely sucks.

Actually it's closer to 4 months away. It's the beginning of January and the draft is at the end of April.

Now it sucks more. :(

Archived