Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official(ish) 2012 Quarterback Prospect Thread

KCClybun

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Situation has changed.

There's a strong likelyhood that we win this Saturday and we might even beat the Eagles too.

We are going to have to trade up for anyone that isn't named Tannehill, Weeden, or Foles.

That may or may not be possible.

I think rank overall should be Luck, RGIII, Weeden, Tannehill, Barkley, Foles.

But we aren't talking about rank anymore, now we are talking about who we have the opportunity to trade into.

anyteam has the ability to trade up and get any player they want if the price is right. mike will make moves if needed.

You don't think Barkley throwing on time has anything to do with that?

He does have very good protection. He does have elite Wr's. Lets not act like RG3 has nothing those Wr's are pretty good and Wright is a stud. He has a damn good running game that creates huge passing windows for him off of run action.

I'm not gonna debate this with you back and forth we've done it before. I know how you feel about him and we just have different opinions.

I've actually been watching alot of the big 3 after work the last few weeks. I will charting all of RG3's throws from the pocket with stats and all of his plays that are outside the pocket or extended by him. When I watch him his quickness is on another level getting away from pressure and I don't think he will get away with that as much at the NFL level where all the athletes are elite.

And i'm not argueing againest RG3 because I like him alot and would be very happy to have him.

To me its almost getting to the point where some people are making him out to be a sure thing or the 2nd coming like Gabbertt last year. He is'nt the prospect that Luck is.

I noted his system. With so many short passes, of course throwing it on time really limits the amount of time pass rushers have to get to him, but even when he sets up deep he has an almost unheard of level of protection. He throws short MUCH more often than other qb's, but comparing his game against Oregon to Luck's game, Luck dealt with a LOT more pressure (and it's not like Luck's o-line are scrubs). I think you're partially right, RG3 won't have the luxury of making so much room by running parallel to the LoS for a throw when he hits the pros, but he's still going to outrun most d-linemen.

I mean, most people are afraid of getting a qb like Gabbert who is afraid of the rush, but we're not going to see any game film of Barkley actually dealing with pressure. Who is to say he doesn't develop happy feet when he actually starts taking big hits in the pros? We are not the short passing offense that USC is and our line is not dominant like theirs. When people are projecting "oh, he has pro system experience so he'll jump right in" they are completely neglecting that for 3 years he has had almost zero experience seeing a pass rush. Our division is not kind to rookie qb's, and based on his actions when he does actually see pressure, I think they'll murder him. Who knows, perhaps he develops and adjusts to it, but in the 9 pressures over 4 games that I saw of him, 1 time it was a positive play, once it was a neutral play, and 7 times it was either a bad play or what should have been an interception but was dropped. Dealing with pressure is not, imo, a strong point of his.

Movement in qb rankings at Redskins Park from the scouts... 1.RG3,2.Luck,3.Barkley

The Bradford talk is a longshot right now and if he were to hit the block i think cleveland has more ammo to get it done.

I mean no disrespect but to announce rankings before bowl games, combine, pro-days, and individual workouts is stupid.

Furthermore, weren't your sources convinced we were taking Gabbert no matter what?

I think it's too early to start talking where the QBs ranks imo.

Also,who would be the #4QB and #5QB inthe Scouts eyes?

Given our recent meaningless win (and subsequent drop in draft position), this may actually be more important than how the FO views RG3/Luck/Barkley.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 08:25 PM ----------

anyteam has the ability to trade up and get any player they want if the price is right. mike will make moves if needed.

Honestly don't want us trading an entire draft to get "our guy".

It could end up hurting us for years (just like in the past when we've traded away draft picks like we were allergic to them).

I mean no disrespect but to announce rankings before bowl games, combine, pro-days, and individual workouts is stupid.

Are you just looking to pick a fight? The only thing LL56 said was there was movement in the QB-prospect rankings as determined by the scouts at Redskins Park. Nothing was "announced" or official in any way. He was just stating that, as of the time of that post, the Skins had adjusted their QB rankings. Nothing stupid there but, you're entitled to your opinion I guess.

Furthermore, weren't your sources convinced we were taking Gabbert no matter what?

I think it's too early to start talking where the QBs ranks imo.

i dont mean any disrespect but who said they announced anything ? the gabbert nonsense again..really how many times to i have to explain that. leading up to a week before we were on OLB and yes the smokescreen started and it caught everyone but shanny,allen and well played.no smokescreens in december tho bro and unlike last year im staying with what the scouts do and other info leading up until smoke week, learned a lesson. your opinion sucks but you welcome to it but a scouting departments job is to scout and rank prospects YEAR ROUND its what they get paid for. the othe hole in your theroy is sonny jurgenson also said according to the skins scouts RG3 is 1 on their board.

Are you just looking to pick a fight? The only thing LL56 said was there was movement in the QB-prospect rankings as determined by the scouts at Redskins Park. Nothing was "announced" or official in any way. He was just stating that, as of the time of that post, the Skins had adjusted their QB rankings. Nothing stupid there but, you're entitled to your opinion I guess.

appreciate it but dont bother with people like him. I tend to have certain posters that just pick certain post to attack to have something negative to do/say to feel special or important. The board doesnt get alot of the info it use to due to people like that like to ignore all the right and ride the 1 wrong to death.

I really don't know why Kellen Moore has been written off. Same size as drew Breese and I'd take him any day. I've watched Kellen play for 4 years. He's smart and accurate and takes care of the ball well. I guess the only argument is he didn't play in an elite conference. Just saying that I'd rather go for him than trade everything for one guy like Luck, RG3 etc. We need a lot of help and trading the bank to move up would be unwise. All his (few) losses they were outscored not because of him. I'm not against the "top" QBs coming out, I just think it's a gamble to trade too much on any one guy when too much is needed.

Just depends on what we have to give up to move up and what falls to us.

I know. Dude is good. Tebow of this draft. I watch all his games. His instinct for the game is uncoachable. He will bulk up a bit. I really think he will be the Shanahans sleeper guy after they really break down the film on him.

---------- Post added December-20th-2011 at 12:52 AM ----------

Moore would be a wasted pick. Especially as early as the 4th. Did you not see the round projection in your link? It says 7th. Maybe then you take a flyer on him. I personally wouldn't, but hey, it's only a 7th. I just have little use for a 5'11 185lb guy with a noodle arm and limited mobility.

Yup, what all the top colleges said about him too. Half the people that talk about him never watch him play. Watch him Thursday night. He's already better than Grossman! LOL. Like I say, He's Brees with Montana style. Sleeper player of 2012.

i dont mean any disrespect but who said they announced anything ? the gabbert nonsense again..really how many times to i have to explain that. leading up to a week before we were on OLB and yes the smokescreen started and it caught everyone but shanny,allen and well played.no smokescreens in december tho bro and unlike last year im staying with what the scouts do and other info leading up until smoke week, learned a lesson. your opinion sucks but you welcome to it but a scouting departments job is to scout and rank prospects YEAR ROUND its what they get paid for. the othe hole in your theroy is sonny jurgenson also said according to the skins scouts RG3 is 1 on their board.

My point is I just can't actually believe the scouts have official "rankings" for the quarterbacks yet; there is just way too much evaluation left to even get into that. If they do have some form of ranking, it is such a rough draft that I doubt they would share it since it matters none.

Except, I suppose, if you are an RG3 homer.

My point is I just can't actually believe the scouts have official "rankings" for the quarterbacks yet; there is just way too much evaluation left to even get into that. If they do have some form of ranking, it is such a rough draft that I doubt they would share it since it matters none.

I can't believe they wouldn't have rankings yet. The scouts job is to scout players. The guys assigned to scout college players better have been breaking down film all year and constantly ranking and re-ranking players based on performances and anything they can get on film. The combine gives us some tangible measureables, but the lionshare of the work ought to be done before the Bowl games are played.

I hope Griff is terrible at the Senior Bowl, but he won't be.

I hope he's terrible at the combine, but he's gonna light it up.

I hope he stinks in his bowl game, slim chance.

The above gives us the best chance to land Griff w/o trading up.

I hear you bro. In fact I believe its going to be the opposite where you are going to have people saying why is Luck a lock at #1 overall.

the rankings are what they are right now and if they had Kellen Moore at 1 thats how i would have posted it. facts are facts and the rankings as of right now are 1.Rg3,2.luck,3.barkley now that could end up changing because it has since a few weeks ago already. facts are alot of NFL personel is stafting to move RG3 either even or above luck rather you agree or not. I find it funny that because i like a prospect in RG3 that makes me a homer ? lol sorry i like who i like and will debate how i feel but i post something as info its unbiased.

I know. Dude is good. Tebow of this draft. I watch all his games. His instinct for the game is uncoachable. He will bulk up a bit. I really think he will be the Shanahans sleeper guy after they really break down the film on him.

---------- Post added December-20th-2011 at 12:52 AM ----------

Yup, what all the top colleges said about him too. Half the people that talk about him never watch him play. Watch him Thursday night. He's already better than Grossman! LOL. Like I say, He's Brees with Montana style. Sleeper player of 2012.

The NFL isn't the second rate Mountain West conference. He's a late round longshot. Don't kid yourself. His measurables are sub par.

the rankings are what they are right now and if they had Kellen Moore at 1 thats how i would have posted it. facts are facts and the rankings as of right now are 1.Rg3,2.luck,3.barkley now that could end up changing because it has since a few weeks ago already. facts are alot of NFL personel is stafting to move RG3 either even or above luck rather you agree or not. I find it funny that because i like a prospect in RG3 that makes me a homer ? lol sorry i like who i like and will debate how i feel but i post something as info its unbiased.

If our scouts truly have RG3 ranked ahead of Luck, then I am worried. At this point Luck is clearly the better prospect (two awesome years of scouting footage shoudl show that). I agree that after the combine,pro-day (see 3,5,7 step drops) that may change.

I think the information Lavar may be another smokescreen like the Gabbert one.

If our scouts truly have RG3 ranked ahead of Luck, then I am worried. At this point Luck is clearly the better prospect (two awesome years of scouting footage shoudl show that). I agree that after the combine,pro-day (see 3,5,7 step drops) that may change.

I think the information Lavar may be another smokescreen like the Gabbert one.

when sonny jurgensen is putting it out there its not smoke.I think TK said iy very well on twitter in that when sonny does get info it is always on point. A few weeks back Adam Schefter reported that some NFL teams are starting to have RG3 over Luck as well so you dont have to be sherlock holmes to connect the dots.

when sonny jurgensen is putting it out there its not smoke.I think TK said iy very well on twitter in that when sonny does get info it is always on point. A few weeks back Adam Schefter reported that some NFL teams are starting to have RG3 over Luck as well so you dont have to be sherlock holmes to connect the dots.

I don't follow twitter very much LL56 so I usually miss out on the gossip between you, TK and JSteelz. But, what was reported from Sonny Jurgensen that missed?

BTW... I hold the information that you guys put out in high regards even if it's hit or miss ;)

Like I said, if our scouts have RG3 ahead of luck I am more worried about our scouting department than I had previously thought.

I'll let you all trust a 77 year old on the breaking news. No thanks from me.

Like I said, if our scouts have RG3 ahead of luck I am more worried about our scouting department than I had previously thought.

Did you see who won the Heismann Trophy this year?

What is the hype with Luck that RG3 doesn't have besides skin tone?

He actually didnt "break" this news but more confirmed it. You can discount Sonny if you want but its not a smart move because 1. he talks/meets with shanahan alot, 2. When sonny does get stuff its correct. The Miami week Sonny knew tuesday after a 1 on 1 meeting with mike that skins were going with Rex days before anyone else knew. Regardless of what qb you like the redskins like 1. rg3, 2.luck,3.barkley.

Did you see who won the Heismann Trophy this year?

What is the hype with Luck that RG3 doesn't have besides skin tone?

screw the skin tone stuff.... RG3 is just beast... They both have extreme upsides with minor flaws. Elite college talent with hopefully a smooth transition. Luck, the Game Manager... and RG3, the Lethal Weapon

I don't follow twitter very much LL56 so I usually miss out on the gossip between you, TK and JSteelz. But, what was reported from Sonny Jurgensen that missed?

BTW... I hold the information that you guys put out in high regards even if it's hit or miss ;)

sonny confirmed on the radio what was building for weeks in that skins qb draft rankings right now are 1.rg3,2.luck,3barkley

screw the skin tone stuff.... RG3 is just beast... They both have extreme upsides with minor flaws. Elite college talent with hopefully a smooth transition. Luck, the Game Manager... and RG3, the Lethal Weapon

This is I will wholeheartedly agree with.

---------- Post added December-21st-2011 at 01:28 PM ----------

sonny confirmed on the radio what was building for weeks in that skins qb draft rankings right now are 1.rg3,2.luck,3barkley

You've got believe that the winning the Heismann Trophy sealed the debate of who was better between Luck and Griffin.

I like them both because of their humbleness. They both would rather put their teams at the forefront before daring to boast about themselves. Aside from their physical attributes, what stands out the most is their unselfishness.

You wonder why RG3 is number one and Luck is number 2 (or however the rankings have them listed), there is your answer.

We run a lot of veer concepts here (albeit the veer read is on the RB usually) and even our zone read play is inverted and any option is likely a pass (though we can't use it because we don't have the QB to do it). Baylor runs mostly veer concepts (even a lot the action pass game is based on veer concepts on the action side) though I can't find Baylor ever running an inverted zone read.

Archived