Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official(ish) 2012 Quarterback Prospect Thread

KCClybun

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm probably in the minority on this....but I would LOVE Sam Bradford on this team. The Rams are beyond suckage and he looked awesome last year. He's been a little banged up this year and they changed Offensive Coordinators,to boot. Couldn't have helped them.....

I would offer our 2nd rd pick (2012)

and our 2nd rd pick in 2013 and see what they say?

I'm not sure it wouldn't cost us more (picks/$$) to get Bradford then to trade up. As expensive as the 31 year old Palmer (1st &2nd) trade was, it kind of set a pick mark. I'd imaging 2 firsts + you take his 6 year $78 mil salary vs say a Cam Newton's, 4-year $22 mil contract.

Call me crazy - many have, and rightfully so - but I think there's a sleeper out there in Wisconsin's Russell Wilson. He's short. So what. So is Drew Brees. On the plus side, he has the arm to make all the throws, consistently showed good poise and pocket awareness when I watched him play this season, AND has dual-threat mobility because he throws well on the run. His football IQ is by all accounts nearly off the charts, and he's a natural leader.

I love Russell Wilson's skillset, I've said it before in this thread.

He's got everything you want from a QB.

If he was 6'2 there would be no doubt in my mind he would be a 1st round prospect.

Russel Wilson is listed at 5'11 a full inch shorter then Drew Brees who is listed at 6'0.

During this draft process we're gonna discover how the league looks at a QB prospect under 6'0.

I'm not sure it wouldn't cost us more (picks/$$) to get Bradford then to trade up. As expensive as the 31 year old Palmer (1st &2nd) trade was, it kind of set a pick mark. I'd imaging 2 firsts + you take his 6 year $78 mil salary vs say a Cam Newton's, 4-year $22 mil contract.

Maybe we sweeten the Pot, HigSkin?

Maybe we offer the Rams?

Franchise "TAG" TE Fred Davis....(They REALLY need some talent on Offense)

Trade them our 2nd rd picks in 2012 & 2013

for QB Sam Bradford?

They take one of the BIG 3 (Luck,RGlll or Barkley)

We land our Franchise QB and still hold a high 1st rd pick

Probably somewhere between 6-12

We can take our guy there...lots of studs there

OR

We can trade down in the 1st (just like last yrs draft)

Maybe recoup our 2nd rounder that we traded for Bradford.

and sitting pretty...

I wouldn't mind that scenario at all, Missouri. Bradford can show he can play in the NFL... something that is never known with a rook and we could keep our number one which could then become a top lineman, receiver, or corner perhaps. The only question I have with Sam is his durability.

Maybe we sweeten the Pot, HigSkin?

Maybe we offer the Rams?

Franchise "TAG" TE Fred Davis....(They REALLY need some talent on Offense)

Trade them our 2nd rd picks in 2012 & 2013

for QB Sam Bradford?

They take one of the BIG 3 (Luck,RGlll or Barkley)

We land our Franchise QB and still hold a high 1st rd pick

Probably somewhere between 6-12

We can take our guy there...lots of studs there

OR

We can trade down in the 1st (just like last yrs draft)

Maybe recoup our 2nd rounder that we traded for Bradford.

and sitting pretty...

Sign-and-trades almost never happen in the NFL. Even trading franchised players almost never occurs for anything but draft picks.

Plus, they just drafted a TE in Lance Kendricks in the 2nd round last year. He's having a rough rookie year, but he's got boatloads of potential.

Sign-and-trades almost never happen in the NFL. Even trading franchised players almost never occurs for anything but draft picks.

Plus, they just drafted a TE in Lance Kendricks in the 2nd round last year. He's having a rough rookie year, but he's got boatloads of potential.

Wasn't Kevin Kolb signed and traded to Arizona in that exact scenario,just last yr?

I'm asking...I can't remember?

People.

Please stop the Sam Bradford talk. This isn't Madden. The Rams are not going to part ways with Bradford to start all over with a new QB prospect, and they sure as hell aren't going to trade Bradford for Fred "mary jane" Davis and some 2nd round picks.

This thread is about QB prospects for 2012, not discussing every single QB in the NFL and the potential trades. Actually, why don't we just got for Aaron Rodgers? Phillip Rivers? Drew Brees?

:insane:

Movement in qb rankings at Redskins Park from the scouts... 1.RG3,2.Luck,3.Barkley

The Bradford talk is a longshot right now and if he were to hit the block i think cleveland has more ammo to get it done.

Good stuff LL - thanks for that tidbit about Bradford. I had posted that article wondering whether is was real or garbage.

Speculation from the St Louis media started when there was reported Rams interest in Barkley. It fueled to reasons like - needing to retool area's like Oline/WR and wanting more 1st round picks, cap issues like LL mentioned - trading a 6-year $78 mil for a 4-year $22 mil like Newton got, probability of new coaching staff, etc.

Now, it could also be the Rams bluffing on the Barkley thing to generate a trade offers.

Speculation from the St Louis media started when there was reported Rams interest in Barkley. It fueled to reasons like - needing to retool area's like Oline/WR and wanting more 1st round picks, cap issues like LL mentioned - trading a 6-year $78 mil for a 4-year $22 mil like Newton got, probability of new coaching staff, etc.

Now, it could also be the Rams bluffing on the Barkley thing to generate a trade.

I curious what his bonus structure was.

If most of it was paid out the last 2 years, his contract might be that much more tradeable

If most of it was paid out the last 2 years, his contract might be that much more tradeable

from Rotoworld:

7/30/2010: Signed a six-year, $78 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including all six years' base salaries and a $2.88 million first-year roster bonus. Another $8 million is available through incentives based on playoff, Super Bowl, and Pro Bowl appearances. 2011: $405,000 (+ $17.974 million "signing" bonus), 2012: $1.205 million, 2013: $2.005 million, 2014: $2.805 million, 2015: $3.605 million, 2016: Free Agent

I've looked up his contract before, but it's pretty much impossible to nail down. He had 20-21 mil in bonuses the first year, and if you look at the salaries they look small, only going up to like 3.5 mil in the last year of the deal (2015). The problem is, you add all that up and it comes to less than 35 mil, and you just run into the info that with playing time incentives (which he has already hit) the contract escalates to the 78 mil figure, with a max value of 86 mil. So, exactly how the pay structure works for it is anyone's guess.

Movement in qb rankings at Redskins Park from the scouts... 1.RG3,2.Luck,3.Barkley
I hope the QB ranking from the Park's scouts are different then the Colts.

Hopefully the Colts have Luck No.1.

When Mike and Kyle's get a chance to look at the tape and make their QB rankings I hope it matches the rankings of Redskins Park's scouts.

Well, at this juncture, we're going to have to move up to get Griffin now. I gotta check Forehead's awesome thread for our current draft position once its updated... But... We probably lost some position with that absolute thumping we put on the Giants yesterday. What an awesome game to be a 'Skins fan! :)

Now, it could also be the Rams bluffing on the Barkley thing to generate a trade offers.

They did put a 2 for 1 special on their website for his jersey. Never a good thing.

Archived